Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance (page 3 of 53)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (11)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No (23)

irish67Northern Region, NSW

Not a good company

M...
M...Sydney, NSW

Not worth it

Limits and sub limits result in quite minimal reimbursement for claims. After 10 years of loyalty, my fees have increased significantly each year as my benefits are continually reduced. I'm opting out.

Snifer
SniferVIC, 3059

Corporate Greed over humanity. Money sucking leecher.

Cha
ChaPerth, WA

Claim is being two months and not paid

I am member and its been two months since the surgery .Medibank hasn't released funds to me .they wanted to check whether it was pre existing and didn't pay the hospital so I had to find funds and pay for the hospital until they investigate . They approved it ij 15 days and it has been nearly two months and they are not releasing funds to me. Customer service is horrible .no one is responding to my emails or fb messages in regard to holding funds .

Hi Cha,
I am sorry your claim hasn’t been assessed yet. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks, Anna

Mathew
MathewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed - reject my emergency hospital admission

I had a silver plus insurance (highest premium in the market) and still I trusted Medibank to support me and my family during a disaster situation in my life. But when I had a critical situation and had to be admitted, they rejected the admission and said I have a waiting period of 12 months (Mine was a non existing condition). Why then do we take insurance? They all are looting our money and trust..

Hi Mathew,
I am sorry to read your claim was rejected. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Katie P
Katie PUnincorporated, SA

I dodged a bullet

I’m not a member, I was interested in becoming a member, but I’m glad I didn’t! I requested a callback a week ago, because I am interested in changing providers (changing to Medibank). I was interested in their Growing Family policy. It got to Thursday (yesterday) and I contacted them to request once again. No surprise, no callback once again.

I had my mind made up, they wouldn’t have even had to sell it to me, yet they lost me as a customer because they couldn’t call me back after I left my details.
That’s honestly the poorest customer service I’ve ever seen. I come here to make a review, and it seems like I’ve dodged a bullet!

MedibankMedibank

Hi Katie, I’m really sorry to read you didn’t receive a call back. If you’d like us to organise an agent to get in touch with you directly, please send us a private message with your details. Kindly, Jade

Ad

Horrendous service, misleading information provided and potentially a scam

I took an overseas visitor cover of 2 months, but I was forced to extend the cover manually (via phone) for a couple of months due to the pandemic as I got stuck in Australia. Medibank activated the direct debit without notifying me and continued to take payments even after I returned to my home country! I found out a few days ago that Medibank took 4 months worth of payments from my bank account. Even after I contacted customer service and asked to terminate the policy, debit attempts are still being made today. Unbelievable! The entire process lacked transparency and communication.

I strongly recommend against using this provider.

Ihassan
IhassanSydney, NSW

Most unhelpful customer support

I am regretting getting overseas medical insurance from them for my mother. Customer support is the worst I have ever seen in Australia. Absolutely terrible. The hasstle a person has to go through for a refund!

Qamaram M.
Qamaram M.Perth, WA

Claim not processed in 1 year!

In August last year (2019), my 4yo daughter had a surgical procedure done for which the hospital directly sent the claims with relevant paper works to medibank. We just got a call from the hospital last week to our utmost surprise that they never heard back from medibank and all the expenses are still due. Its been 14 months!!!!!
After knowing this, i sent them email, still waiting for reply! Called them, they said they will look into this matter. Still waiting.
That is such a worst service ever, I would never recommend this to anyone.

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear your hospital claim hasn't been paid. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,

Ben
Ben

Absolutely horrible experience.

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Customer Service

A guy buy the name of Eric called me as was requested he was brilliant he answered every question tat needed answered the policy he arranged suited me perfectly. if shopping around for a policy ask for Eric perfect solution.

MedibankMedibank

Hi David, thanks for your review. We're so glad Eric was able to help find the best cover for you! - Kindly, Jade

Rainbow
RainbowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service

I have been with medibank for a few years and never have a great experience with their customer service, but their offer of cover seems to suits me so I accept that anyways. Until today after contacting them to review my cover, their response makes me feel I am the one who needed them and they did not bother to be friendly at least, at the end they suggest me just to move to other provider, not even sorry. I am aware I have the right to question, comparing and reviewing my cover, but did not expect to be treated so invaluable. Maybe pandemic with people work from home affect their customer service quality, I don't know. Just thought I have to share this for the sake of customer rights.

Ad

Not worth the premium paid...

Don't be fooled by what money you are entitled to claim on the app, said there was $650 available for dental work to find out that you only get to use a percentage of what's available.... For a $480 trip to the dentist they would only cover just over a $100??? What do you even pay for with these clowns ??? Save your money and time people LOOK ELSEWHERE !!

Payments

Better check on your payments each month if you have direct debit with Medibank. Just found out that Medibank took 3 months worth of payments from my bank account. Lucky I checked. Had to change my direct debit to manual payment. Sorry Medibank. The trust has gone.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Edward, I’m so sorry you had 3 payments debited at once. I have just sent you a private message to look into this for you. – Kindly, Jade

Salt Pepper
Salt Pepper

No support for members who have literally been with them their whole life.

Unable to provide a good service for people that have been with the company for many years. Their websites don’t work properly and they didn’t give me what I actually needed and I didn’t realise as I assumed they had listened to me. Don’t assume anything. Don’t assume you will be supported. Whilst I don’t agree that 1.5 stars out of 5 is correct, they don’t deserve 5 stars.

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance