Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance (page 4 of 53)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (11)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No (23)

Nadia Rizwan
Nadia RizwanSydney, NSW

Premium keeps increasing - not impressed

I joined Medibank in September 2018 with couple insurance, AUD 302.4 monthly. In April 2019, price goes up to AUD 315.85 and now they sent me notification of price up to AUD 331.35 from 1 October, so effectively in 2 years its AUD 28.95 increase which means 9.6% increase in two years. I am not impressed at all and considering alternatives.

N.RyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gone when you need them most

Been with Medibank for 10 years. Just been diagnosed with bladder cancer at 34. Didn’t have this in my premium. Found out not even my hospital fees will be covered I feel worthless and demoralised.

How?

Kim Thoa B.
Kim Thoa B.

Price increase and how they deal with Pandemic

This company is only good at premium increased, when ask for assistance during pandemic they offer to freeze account for 3 months, then there is a letter notification of premiumincreased!

Yulia S.
Yulia S.

Price Increase

Medibank really!? You are increasing your premium as of 1st of October??? People are still jobless, on reduced pay etc and you are looking at making more money! Typical...greedy and only worried about profits

MedibankMedibank

Terrible Cover and Overcharged Premiums.

Overcharged my premiums for nearly two years and then refused to assist with any refund. Advised they never received correct paperwork even though it was provided. This was later acknowledged by them but they said they couldn't read it . Guess they still got my bank details correct though..

Hi Anne,
I am sorry to read you were overcharged. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
VGhil
VGhilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading cheats

I have a bronze membership - with dental cover .
I had called up Medibank before my emergency visit to the dentist . They didn’t advise me on the caveats (i.e. in network dentist ) and I had to pay 500 dollars out of pocket for visiting a dentist near me . Medibank didn’t cover me, offer correct guidance or follow up. I am going to change my insurance cover ASAP .
Online Apologies do not make up for the loss and damage to a customer.
Had to spend hours while calling customer service and waiting for someone to respond

Hi there,
I am sorry you didn’t receive the benefit you expected. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Renee
ReneeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not worth the price and overall poor company service

Poor customer support and more expensive than other health funds. I had a surgery booked and served my waiting period as I had been with Medibank for almost 4 years prior. I had to cancel my surgery and have to serve another 12-month waiting period because i upgraded my hospital coverage. Definitely would not recommend.

Hi Renee,
I am sorry you had to cancel your surgery. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

splendidmelbourne

Peridontic Claim (Taking the company to the health ombudsman)

I have a very high cover 90% rebatable if I go to a member's choice. Have been a member for 20 plus years with maxiumum equity built up over many years on the cover. I recently went to a peridontist and was quoted over $1000 to get my gum cleaned. I rang around other peridontist and they were roughly the same price. In my desperation I turned to Medibank to see if I could use one of their member's choice providers so I could maximize my claim. They DONT HAVE ONE My question to Medibank is if you dont have one how do you decided what is a reasonable amount to REBATE???
Total crap will be taking it up further and I suggest other members should as well

Hayley
HayleySydney

Disputed surgery claim

I had surgery to remove a skin cancer on my nose. Medibank private refused to pay the claim of closure of the wound disputing this as plastic surgery when it was mohs surgery to remove a life threatening skin cancer. I had to get the ombudsmen involved who made Medibank private pay for the surgery, Medibank then called me to advise they will pay it this time but not again and we’re very rude about this. I would recommend avoiding this insurer at all costs. They forget who the client is that is paying for this service.

Hi Hayley,
I am sorry to read about your experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

JTCZ
JTCZ

Cancelled my policy but was still charged

Fiona H.
Fiona H.

Waste of money, potential scam

Medibank canceled my extras that I signed up for, 3 months after joining without being notified. I continuously kept paying for my family just for a hospital cover that we will most probably never use, for over a year. Medibank was also unable to cover my opticals when they said they have. Been fighting my case for 3 months and eventually gave up due to the stress it brought me and my family. Medibank has covered nothing for us. Very disappointed to have to find out they have been continuously profiting from us this way.

Hi Fiona,
I am sorry to read of your experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful service, would not recommend :(

Hi Jade,

I have already dealt with your complaints department which was no help, I am so so disappointed in the service from Medibank after being a long time member.

LifeofrileyGippsland, VIC

Disgraceful

After 30 years of private health payments, and not one claim i have been refered for a hip replacement. Surgeon suggested i check with insurers. Oh well! Last August Medibank Private removed hip replacement from my cover (along with other things presumably). On calling them they said they wrote to me! I had just had my new home built and moved in August! I missed the letter! I have moved to another insurer with 12 month waiting periods, am waiting on public list, watching my health deteriorate due to pain killers and am bearly able to walk.
Medibank Private you disgust me.

Hi there,
I am sorry to read about your recent experience and we'd love to investigate this. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Kindly,

Lifeofriley

Joshua, i have been contacted quite a few times provuding my case number and promises of review. I have even had a message left on my phone however noone answers when I call back. STILL cant say anything other than DISGRACEFUL.

Mickyb
MickybGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

36 years of cover and No Support

Previous travel policys and 1st time claim and it gets rejected.
Tour Company goes into liquidation partly due to Covid
We buy a policy months prior to any issue and get $0
Medibank Private Health Insurance 36 years of continuous health insurance with them goodbye MBP hello BUPA

Andy N.
Andy N.Perth, WA

Not bad could be better

Hi Andy,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance