Medibank Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (22)

ShiftySydney

Overpriced and very sneaky

They love to backdate your policy when you change to a family policy. This also means, *ahem* charging you for previous months that you didn't use. They do this under the guise of starting when your child was born with the difference being almost minimal! Very snaky!

MedibankMedibank

I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and look into this for you.

Kindly, Jade

michele g.
michele g.Sydney, NSW

on website they say joint reconstruction is covered but it's not

went in for ACL reconstruction. I had to pay for excess, 50% of anesthetist, crutches, in theater x-ray and drugs. Their answer: you are not coverer for those specific item codes, doesn't matter if they are part of the ACL reconstruction procedure we said you are covered for. Very dishonest if you say I am covered I should be covered 100% otherwise put one of those asterisks you like a lot and say that some items might not be included.

PNBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have been a member for almost 20 years and Heath insurance in Aus is a scam.

Hi,
I'm very sorry you're not happy with your cover.
I've sent you a private message if you'd like to review your policy.
- Mary

PNB

Thanks but pointless as this is not related to which Medibank policy I am on, ALL your plans work the same way.
Am I wrong?

Alinta no more
Alinta no morePerth, WA

Another claim made unbelievably difficult

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Took money illegally on my account

Me and my husband canceled our membership with Medibank over a year ago and today when we check our bank statement Medibank took $120.00, what for? No receipts? No phone call to inform us! And why are they keeping our personal details when we already terminate our account with them. Now we are so worried that Medibank can just help themselves anytime and take any amount they wish on our personal bank account.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Elizabeth, I’m really sorry to read you’ve had a payment taken unexpectedly. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and investigate this. - Jade

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Karen A.
Karen A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

The most terrible service! Go elsewhere!!!

MedibankMedibank

Hi Karen, I’m so sorry to hear of your recent experience with Medibank. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details.

Thanks, Jade

Ana D
Ana DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible service

Gabriel
GabrielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claims by mail is terrible

For some claims they ask you to fill a form and send it by mail, taking your time and money. Why do they make our life harder? Why don't they allow us to do all the claims online?
And when you need to call then prepare yourself to listen to 20 automatic messages before you have an option to talk to someone.
I am a client for 6 years but Medibank is changing now and I will looking for another company.

Fleur B
Fleur BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless customer service

Website online log in not working and customer service terrible. Wasted so much time just trying to update credit card expiry date. Not only did the online system fail repeatedly when you finally get a person on the phone (Medibank claim it is a personalised expert consultant) you are forced to read out your credit card details to them which is very concerning from a security point of view and very unprofessional as an online system. Other companies manage a more secure system where the credit card information is recorded separately over the phone not to an individual. For such an expensive health service the customer service is woeful

Hi Fleur,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience and that you haven’t been able to update your credit card details online.
I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Find out how Medibank Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Refused to pay ambulance fee

Hi Phil,
I am sorry your Ambulance invoice hasn’t been paid. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,

Phil
Phil

It's paid now after multiple phone calls, and dealing with both the Ambulance service who wanted to fine me for late payment and the Medibank who simply couldn't even pay this ontime - useless.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Phil, thanks for letting us know. We're very sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reply to our private message. - Kindly, Jade

Parshad
ParshadSydney

Wait time on phone

I am called priority member and waiting desperately to talk to human being for last 27 minutes and counting.
If I am priority member then wondering what a Normal customer has to wait .

Worst health provider ever

So bad

Bern on the phone for so long , estimated waiting time is so wrong , it told me to wait 6 min 4 in the queue I waited for 15 mins over the estimated time and I gave up. Pointless imagen if you have to sort you problem and you calling from hospital. Horrible, also on line person gave up on because I was to slow typing on my mobile phone . I changed my mind by transferring from my carent provider ..

Crooks

Offered us a discount in person. First bill comes and discount has disappeared. How convenient for them. No record on their end of the discount but I have the original statement. Still dealing with their customer service to try and get it applied. Hours of wasted time.

Anna N.
Anna N.Perth, WA

The call centre is awful .

The call centre is awful, waiting for hours to speak with someone regarding overcharges , the lady couldn’t provide answer or explanation . Like just couldn’t care less. Transferring me around , even more wait .

MedibankMedibank

Hi Anna, I’m so sorry to hear you were on hold for so long when trying to contact us recently, and that you were transferred which extended the wait times. I’ve just sent you a private message to see if we can assist. – Jade

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance