Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)

Ayesha Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long Delay On My Claim

It’s appalling to see that Medibank keeps holding up my claims for months now. After my surgery I submitted my bills expecting that they would react fast & settle the claims. But so far it’s dragging without any clue that they may pay my claims.

Medibank being a one of best reputed insurers in Australia has to work differently than this when they cater to their clients. Their service has to be focused on the interest of the clients. That’s essential but as I have understood that does not reflect on their service. That they have to improve fast for the betterment of their clientele.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Ayesha, I’m so sorry to hear there has been a delay with your claim. I’ve just sent you a private message to see is there is anything we can help you with. – Cath

Hi Cath

Noted your feedback. Thank for the prompt action taken to resolve the matter

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Limited claim options online

I have an ambulance claim I wanted to claim quickly so I jumped online. It wasn't obvious to me how to make such a claim. There was a "hospitals" option which required downloading, filling out, and posting a paper form. I thought to myself, "you can't be serious, it's 2020". So I called, and sure enough you do need to it the old fashioned way. Come on Medibank, you can do better. And now after reading the reviews here, I'm feeling anxious as to whether Medibank will honour my claim.

Claim MadeNo
Rainbow

RainbowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service

I have been with medibank for a few years and never have a great experience with their customer service, but their offer of cover seems to suits me so I accept that anyways. Until today after contacting them to review my cover, their response makes me feel I am the one who needed them and they did not bother to be friendly at least, at the end they suggest me just to move to other provider, not even sorry. I am aware I have the right to question, comparing and reviewing my cover, but did not expect to be treated so invaluable. Maybe pandemic with people work from home affect their customer service quality, I don't know. Just thought I have to share this for the sake of customer rights.

splendidmelbourne

Peridontic Claim (Taking the company to the health ombudsman)

I have a very high cover 90% rebatable if I go to a member's choice. Have been a member for 20 plus years with maxiumum equity built up over many years on the cover. I recently went to a peridontist and was quoted over $1000 to get my gum cleaned. I rang around other peridontist and they were roughly the same price. In my desperation I turned to Medibank to see if I could use one of their member's choice providers so I could maximize my claim. They DONT HAVE ONE My question to Medibank is if you dont have one how do you decided what is a reasonable amount to REBATE???
Total crap will be taking it up further and I suggest other members should as well

S Lakshman

S LakshmanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unhappy Medibank customer

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks,
Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Seil OVIC, 3122

Medi Claim for GP Consultations

Dear Medibank,

Thank you for assisting me with medical care. As you can imagine, this process is very emotionally draining on the situation. However, the cooperation of the fine staff at Medibank makes it a little easier.

At this time, I would like to request that Medibank review the category that Dr. Helmy's services have been placed into. It appears that I am being charged a copay for GP consultation and treatment as a health service when in reality he provides me with a blood test and ECG. Please review this issue and kindly pay consultations fees.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Hi Seil,
Generally the benefit depends on the item number the provider charges. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you. Thanks, Anna

Seil O

Thanks for replying to me. I have been charged a copay for GP consultation fees of $ 75 per visit. I visited twice. Kindly pay consultations fees.

Thanks Seil, I just replied to your private message. - Anna

wendylou

wendylouSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't know why

Don't know why I stay with them .The fees keep going up with nothing extra added . Can't even have a massage covered.Nib is no different . got a quote ,it was about the same.

Hi Wendylou,
I am sorry to read that you are finding difficulty seeing the value in your cover. I would suggest that now is the perfect time for a review. Just sent you a private message asking you to confirm a few details.
Thanks,

beau a.

beau a.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Want to upgrade policy? Don't bother

Called to upgrade extras cover going forward. Got told have to serve 2&6 month waiting periods again. New customers get them waived but loyal customers have to reserve them. Got told to join another fund for 31 days and then transfer back to get the new customer waiving of these periods.

Happy to take 6 months of premiums to have you wait for eligibility but any joe blow can sign up and be instantly eligible.

Seems a bit unfair to throw mud in the face of longstanding customers.

MedibankMedibank

Out of Pocket fees for Diagnostic services’

Recently i was at a Private hospital. I have the Medibank top hospital cover. Today I got heap of Bills form Clinical labs or Diagnostic services ( for blood tests). For example, one invoice total fee is $235. Medibank has paid only $17,66 and Medicare $52.99. So I’m out of pocket of $164.35. I found out that if I had Bupa , I would have not paid any out of pocket fee.
Also I was told Medibank recently changed their policy on “Out of Pocket fees for Diagnostic services’ . So i think when it comes to Out of Pocket fees for Diagnostic services, Medibank is really costly. Can Medibank shed some light on this for all Medibank policy holders?. Thanks.

Find out how Medibank Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Loyalty rewarded with more expenses

Andrew
Andrew
Connie

ConnieSydney, NSW

Frustrated and unhappy!

PAULINE

PAULINEQueanbeyan n s w

Our band cover does not exist

After being with medibank private for over 12 years and needing a knee replacement to find out the band we were under doesn't exist or cover the knee replacement so have changed our cover to with medibank paying less than we have been paying for a cover for knee replacement but now have to wait 12 months. Very disappointing that when a cover doesn't exist any more that you contact people and let them know so they can adjust their covers to suit. Not happy what about a loyalty system.

Beware of pathology gaps

Be aware that Medibank DO not cover you fully for pathology testing when you are an inpatient. I was in hospital on 2 occasions for 1 night only for cancer treatment a couple of weeks later I was sent a bill for over $1000 dollars to do the pathology results on tumour, was never told this at any time and had Top Hospital cover ...have checked and most other providers cover the bill fully....private health cover is a rip off next time would just go through public system and save a fortune.

Jenny

JennySydney, NSW

Horrible service after sign up

Always waiting on the phone.
Always getting transferred to multiple departments.
They can't seem to process the switch over properly.
Told me there would be no waiting period & yet the policy summary has multiple waiting periods.
Staff knowledge is questionable.

Therealpro

Therealpro

Service after sign up is terrible.

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.

Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy

Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance