Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

Cover for aged care parent - edited and updated from 1 star to 3 stars

MedibankMedibank

Hi Jay, we’re so sorry to hear this. I’ve just sent you a private message to escalate this for you. Kindly, Jade

Jay
Jay

Thank you for the response, someone at Medibank has given me a call and looking to resolve the issue. I will update the post and the review once i have had a resolution.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the update, we are glad the issue has been resolved. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

Salt Pepper

Salt Pepper

No support for members who have literally been with them their whole life.

Unable to provide a good service for people that have been with the company for many years. Their websites don’t work properly and they didn’t give me what I actually needed and I didn’t realise as I assumed they had listened to me. Don’t assume anything. Don’t assume you will be supported. Whilst I don’t agree that 1.5 stars out of 5 is correct, they don’t deserve 5 stars.

Andy N.

Andy N.Perth, WA

Not bad could be better

Hi Andy,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,

Penny

Penny

Pretty useless website when you need it

Ashmac51

Ashmac51South East Queensland, QLD

Easy to join hard to leave

I joined extras policy but after considerations decided to cancel the policy.
I rang and argued with a staff member that I wanted to cancel the policy. After about 15 minutes of cross examining and questioning me and after I had to justify my wishes he finally gave up and accepted that I wished to leave and finally cancelled the policy. Quite offensive.

Easy to buy these policies but hard to cancel them.

MedibankMedibank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Jane A

Jane ALismore

Not too bad

So I've been with Medibank for a number of years. Overall I've been reasonably happy with their level of coverage - with the exception of Extras! I simply can't see why the customer can't elect to drop coverage on some of the extras they don't use so that they can increase coverage on the extras they do use!!! Frustrating!!

Insurance claim madeYes

Kel

KelPerth

Waiting periods

Recently changed Hbf to Medibank to get a better premium. similar policy including extras. However after making a phone call to find out why my waiting periods were not honoured - ( policy cert was not yet received) now I check in and I have a couple of new dates on waiting period, things I have had covered for over 20 years. Dreading the pbone call and 30 minute plus hold times.
when tranaferrrd from Bupa to Hbf 5 years ago, was a much better process.

Hi Kel,

If you have moved to an equivalent policy with Medibank then you shouldn’t have any waiting periods on your new Medibank policy. If you can reply to my private message with your details w can certainly check up on this for you here – Brett

Marie

Marie

Minimising politics over years

We have had an older policy for over 30 years. Medibank make changes and minimise our original benefits, but do not add any new benefits. When I question the minimisations it goes quiet or I am encouraged to change to a newer policy as ours does not exist anymore, but they have to honour it. Some customer support staff have advised us to keep our policy as the new ones do not compare and are not good. A friend in a similar situation has had legal advice that our original policy entitlement has to be honoured and minimising by Medibank is not appropriate.

crossfitl79

crossfitl79

Constant price increase. Looks like I will end up downgrading my policy or look elsewhere.

My policy was $149 in 2012 today it is $289 come on.
I have not had any claims.

ROBERT THORN

ROBERT THORN

Continued annul Premium escalation

Thanks for the survey paper as it seems to apply to the employee's reasonable job. However the reason for me to review my policy was, I am an aged pensioner and not able to continue paying over $4500 per annum which added to the Government subsidy sends the policy to over $7000 per annum. The company's representative indicated a drop in premium cost for an excess to be carried by me eg first $500 of bill which when added to my premium is not any less expensive for the services. This is an obscene amount of money as an insurance premium! I am not going to pay this amount for the services, so I am looking to other companies that are not responsible to share holders that need a dividend with profit on share sales at my expense.

Sarah M

Sarah MSydney, NSW

MEDIBANK customer of 5 years

Insurance claim madeYes
A klos

A klosSydney

Offers for existing and loyal customers

I am sick of Companys with long standing customers not offering them discounts.
Medibank and of course others who advertise for new customers offering them discounts but not for any existing customers.
I have been a client since the beginning and I have not once been offered any incentives.
I am waiting to hear from them!!!!!!!!!!!
I will not hold my breath.

On the other hand I had a call from my electricity company asking me if I eas happy, when I told them I was shopping around they offerred a very nice discount. Now I am happy.

So come Medibank, you are making a very handsome profit offer us existing customers something?????

bronty_saurus

bronty_saurusAU

Decent health fund, although expensive.

Rojo7681

Rojo7681AU

OK

I never had any problems with them, their service was really good and they cover quite a lot. They just increase their fees and decrease the benefits.
good service
fees constantly go up and benefits decrease

paulpowell3540

paulpowell3540Perth, WA

OK

I was a member for about 6 years until February 2008 with no claims made and paid around $50 a week (single). All very well until I made a dental claim all up for just over $1000 for several visits over 3 months. One treatment was $300. I received $80 back and another was $280. I received NIL back (as they classed this as "major dental" and my cover was for "dental") I emailed them and they advised me to upgrade my membership! - I cancelled instead and went over to HBF!
On Line claim service
Pittance refunds for essentials/dental/extras

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.

Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy

Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance