Medibank Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Andrew
Andrew

Medibank

We lost a child and wife had to undergo a d&c procedure. Medibank made us to jump a few hoops to make a claim, we put the claim multiple times and we got 0 dollar reimbursed. It's not as if it's painful to have that incident, Medibank made it even worse by refusing a valid claim and blaming it on to the hospital.

Update:
Medibank rep approached me and helped us to resolve the issue. The claim went through and it was helped to untangle the miscommunication between the hospital and medibank. The customer rep Annete was very humane and gentle while helping us. Thank you.

Da T.
Da T.

Happy with them and will re-consider

I've recently change my private insurance to another one due to my employer subsidise the other funds (and a higher level of cover).
During the time with medibank, claiming is easy (I claim my max. for dental/optical). It does takes longer than expect for them to close my account and provide the certificate, but the refund of premium is quick.

Claim MadeYes

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.
Thanks,
Joshua

Amy C
Amy CSydney, NSW

It has been worth it! 2 years so far - TOP HOSPITAL TOP EXTRAS

My partner has undergone surgery, no complications. Just had to pay for the Excess which is to be expected. We have claimed online via & via hi-caps terminal the app for our massage, physiotherapy, dental, orthodontics and podiatry with no problems. Always receive the reimbursement within two weeks of submission. The only thing I have to claim manually was our bill for the exercise physiologist. The only thing I do not like about the extras cover for Pharmacy -Can not claim anything that is under $50.00 - I found the pharmacy part in your extras and a waste and not useful. Even if you have a product you purchased for $60.00 the reimbursement is under $10.00 not much at all. Other then that Medibank has been good.

Claim MadeYes

Hi Amy,
Thank you for submitting your lovely review. Concerning pharmacy, if the item is over the PBS co-payment of $41.00 then benefits can be payable. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know. - Joshua

Dimu
DimuPerth, WA

So far... good!

Been with Medibank over 7 years, and so far our experiences have been pleasant. However, premiums keep on increasing tempting us to use the insurance more just to justify our payments.

Hi Dimu,
Thank you for submitting your lovely review. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let us know.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year! - Anna

lewriley
lewriley

Never any issues

My membership with medibank is over 30 years never had any claim issues from many couples & family hospital submissions. Now in our 70'$ and have always held top cover.
I wish that they would delete pregnancy from our cover and lower the gold top rates with no excess. I have investigated many other funds including reviews ratings etc and have again decided to stay with medibank private.no current claims so far this year.

Medibank P.Medibank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Ellie
EllieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good coverage for hospital procedure

I have been using Medibank health insurance for about 2 years now and I am happy with the service. I had several hospital procedures recently and a surgery and I was almost covered for my costs. I still had some out of the pocket costs because of private hospital.

Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Best value health cover

I've been with Medibank since I got my first job about 15 years ago. When I married, my wife (who also had good experiences with Medibank) and I decided to combine our covers for Top Hospital, since then Medibank has paid over $20k towards medical expenses. I've compared Medibank against all major health funds (Australian Unity, CUA, Bupa, etc) and Medibank gives the most back for the price paid. The only time Medibank didn't pay towards a claim was when I was in a waiting period but it was for a new condition, which was pretty unethical and my GP agreed, nevertheless they eventually made up for it with the $20k.

Roach
RoachMelbourne

Was easy to set up policy

Have a Medibank comprehensive health insurance policy for our family. Set up policy in March 2018 via website. Got a discounted month at time which always helps. Have claimed a couple of times and was relatively easy. Probably at the higher end premium wise but gives better cover for my family.

Lucy O
Lucy OMelbourne

Great for extras, no waiting period on mental health which is rare!

I switched to Medibank because I wanted a decent rebate on psychology without a waiting period. There are very few providers which offer this, and Medibank is one of them.

Before signing up I contacted Medibank for the exact rebate amount (the non-percentage rebates aren't listed), and the customer service team was helpful and efficient.

I've never had a problem making a claim, it's a good service that fits my needs.

Rehab at home

I have just completed total knee replacement and prior to surgery I was not liking the idea of going to full time rehab after hospital. I enquirer with medibank and was told about the rehab at home scheme, I must say that the staff have been ever so helpful arranging everything , great service

Ozzie54
Ozzie54

Medibank

We have found Medibank very helpful and they cover our needs well. Even though it is very expensive for us as pensioners, but arent they all? We have top cover and we are well in front as we have had some huge claims over the past 5 years. I hate to think where we would have been without private cover. There is a choice that you are given, and we choose to use the Medibank preferred dental and optical. Thanks Medibank.

SheenaMedibank

Hi Ozzie, thanks so much for your kind feedback. We’re happy to hear that you have been covered for what you need. Wishing you many happy years ahead! All the best, Sheena

Kat
KatGold Coast

Pet Insurance

I am happy to say Medibank has helped with issues I have come by with dealing with insurance. I can rest easy knowing I am getting value for money. Thank you.

Insurance claim madeNo
Medibank P.Medibank

Glad we were able to help out Kat, please just let us know if you have any other questions -Brett

dave39
dave39Belconnen 2617, ACT

Medibank for 20 years

all these negative comments by people. never had a problem. never found any poor staff in offices. also got through on telephone. had a knee replacement and it cost Medibank about $20,000 and I was was about $4000 out of pocket. maybe if you treat staff with civility which is what someone of my age would do then it is reciprocated. they are not the cheapest but reviews of some of the cheaper ones are terrible so changing to save a few dollars is not worth it.
Dave

Emmah
Emmah

Bad Customer Service - Updated

Juliedaniels
JuliedanielsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Medibank has gotten it's act together!

I wrote a review recently berating Medibanks new system. Well I'm happy to say they have worked it all out. No more waiting in line. Their call back function is working well. Claims online are going thru smoothly. Hooray for Medibank! Their staff are knowledgeable and courteous.

See all Medibank Health Insurance reviews

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,
Anna

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,
Anna

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance