Medibank Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (15) · No (23)

Brendan
BrendanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling !

My elderly parents took out cover recently. My father, who has never had an issue with his neck in my 47 years has just been told they will not cover a pinched nerve at C5 as they've deemed it pre existing. I am at a loss as to how they could possibly come to this conclusion. It is a complete toss of the coin with these rogues. Always happy to take premiums...Very reluctant to pay claims. There is no accountability.

Hi Brendan,
We just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

jenny
jennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

phone contact

spoken to Bernie today to solve my extra claim online which had problems.
Bernie was not very helpful and requested me to download the Medibank private Apps which I was reluctant to do as I told her I have too many apps already.
Bernie is not friendly and unhelpful.

Gulbahar B.
Gulbahar B.Sydney, NSW

Royal Commission wanted again!!!

The payments are always different for every two weeks. Claims are extremely difficult and cunning!!! And no online submitting either!!!
Medicare had refund and they try to avoid it…
Disgraceful. Need more Royal Commission for Medibank. Don’t invest your money to their leeching policy!! Don’t!

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Gulbahar,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you. I've send you a private message. - Cath

Melissa
MelissaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointed!

More than extremely disappointed over 25 years of being a member and a priority member.
Rang to negotiate any lower price on our ambulance membership as competitor is $80 cheaper.
Said would not budge on price what’s so ever.
So have no choice to cancel and go else where.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry to read of your experience. If you would like me to arrange someone to review your policy, please send a private message with your details and we'd be happy to help. - Cath

AnnaCanberra 2600, ACT

They can't even set up policy properly, wondering how the claiming would look like...

Hi Anna,
We are sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Aline
Aline

Horrible claim system

In the middle of 21st century and it is unbelievable that to get a refund we have to make a claim through a letter, they don't do it online and if you are in another country you have to pay to send a letter to request for a refund.

Do not trust Medibank

Claim Made Yes
Honesty Matters
Honesty Matters
Chetan
ChetanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just wanted to make money with zero customer service

I was with Medibank and my employer paying for it. After my employment changed and I have informed them about my situation and asked for cancel the policy they still charged me and never refund.

MedibankMedibank

They have waiting periods yet do not honour them.

I spoke over the phone to them numerous times and they were useless. They wanted me to chase doctors to fill in mind numbing paper work during the pandemic. Very disappointed - will be changing funds ASAP!

Hi there,
Thanks for submitting your review.
I've sent you a private message so we can discuss your concerns in further detail.
- Mary

ShiftySydney

Overpriced and very sneaky

They love to backdate your policy when you change to a family policy. This also means, *ahem* charging you for previous months that you didn't use. They do this under the guise of starting when your child was born with the difference being almost minimal! Very snaky!

MedibankMedibank

I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and look into this for you.

Kindly, Jade

michele g.
michele g.Sydney, NSW

on website they say joint reconstruction is covered but it's not

went in for ACL reconstruction. I had to pay for excess, 50% of anesthetist, crutches, in theater x-ray and drugs. Their answer: you are not coverer for those specific item codes, doesn't matter if they are part of the ACL reconstruction procedure we said you are covered for. Very dishonest if you say I am covered I should be covered 100% otherwise put one of those asterisks you like a lot and say that some items might not be included.

PNBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have been a member for almost 20 years and Heath insurance in Aus is a scam.

Hi,
I'm very sorry you're not happy with your cover.
I've sent you a private message if you'd like to review your policy.
- Mary

PNB

Thanks but pointless as this is not related to which Medibank policy I am on, ALL your plans work the same way.
Am I wrong?

Alinta no more
Alinta no morePerth, WA

Another claim made unbelievably difficult

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Berina
Berina

AMAZING SERVICE

gabby was amazing to call me when she knew i was struggling with something snd even told me to email her personally if i had any problems ! Highly recommend medibank, lovely service quick and prompt. I have peace of kind knowing iam covered for everything life throws at me. I have compared with most insurance policies and medibank stuck out for me. In terms of cost and what you are covered for:) super happy

MedibankMedibank

Hi Berina, we’re so glad to read of your customer service experience with Gabby and that you’re happy with your cover. If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out.
Kindly, Jade

Took money illegally on my account

Me and my husband canceled our membership with Medibank over a year ago and today when we check our bank statement Medibank took $120.00, what for? No receipts? No phone call to inform us! And why are they keeping our personal details when we already terminate our account with them. Now we are so worried that Medibank can just help themselves anytime and take any amount they wish on our personal bank account.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Elizabeth, I’m really sorry to read you’ve had a payment taken unexpectedly. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and investigate this. - Jade

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance