Medibank Health Insurance

Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (1)
Berina
Berina

AMAZING SERVICE

gabby was amazing to call me when she knew i was struggling with something snd even told me to email her personally if i had any problems ! Highly recommend medibank, lovely service quick and prompt. I have peace of kind knowing iam covered for everything life throws at me. I have compared with most insurance policies and medibank stuck out for me. In terms of cost and what you are covered for:) super happy

MedibankMedibank

Hi Berina, we’re so glad to read of your customer service experience with Gabby and that you’re happy with your cover. If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out.
Kindly, Jade

RafaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good customer service

Just had great experience over the phone, Nicholas was the attendant and was very helpful to backdate a suspension due to overseas travel. It’s the first time I had an insurer being helpful instead of using every opportunity to make your life hard, so big advantage there!

Hi Rafael,
Thanks for submitting a 5 star review.
Please send us a private message with your details so we can pass on your positive comments to Nicholas' manager.
- Mary

Rafael

Hi Mary, which details do you require?
The policy is under my name - Rafael Fernandes Vendrame

Ayesha Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long Delay On My Claim

It’s appalling to see that Medibank keeps holding up my claims for months now. After my surgery I submitted my bills expecting that they would react fast & settle the claims. But so far it’s dragging without any clue that they may pay my claims.

Medibank being a one of best reputed insurers in Australia has to work differently than this when they cater to their clients. Their service has to be focused on the interest of the clients. That’s essential but as I have understood that does not reflect on their service. That they have to improve fast for the betterment of their clientele.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Ayesha, I’m so sorry to hear there has been a delay with your claim. I’ve just sent you a private message to see is there is anything we can help you with. – Cath

Hi Cath

Noted your feedback. Thank for the prompt action taken to resolve the matter

D Van Luyn
D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Limited claim options online

I have an ambulance claim I wanted to claim quickly so I jumped online. It wasn't obvious to me how to make such a claim. There was a "hospitals" option which required downloading, filling out, and posting a paper form. I thought to myself, "you can't be serious, it's 2020". So I called, and sure enough you do need to it the old fashioned way. Come on Medibank, you can do better. And now after reading the reviews here, I'm feeling anxious as to whether Medibank will honour my claim.

Claim Made No
MedibankMedibank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Customer Service

A guy buy the name of Eric called me as was requested he was brilliant he answered every question tat needed answered the policy he arranged suited me perfectly. if shopping around for a policy ask for Eric perfect solution.

MedibankMedibank

Hi David, thanks for your review. We're so glad Eric was able to help find the best cover for you! - Kindly, Jade

Rainbow
RainbowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service

I have been with medibank for a few years and never have a great experience with their customer service, but their offer of cover seems to suits me so I accept that anyways. Until today after contacting them to review my cover, their response makes me feel I am the one who needed them and they did not bother to be friendly at least, at the end they suggest me just to move to other provider, not even sorry. I am aware I have the right to question, comparing and reviewing my cover, but did not expect to be treated so invaluable. Maybe pandemic with people work from home affect their customer service quality, I don't know. Just thought I have to share this for the sake of customer rights.

splendidmelbourne

Peridontic Claim (Taking the company to the health ombudsman)

I have a very high cover 90% rebatable if I go to a member's choice. Have been a member for 20 plus years with maxiumum equity built up over many years on the cover. I recently went to a peridontist and was quoted over $1000 to get my gum cleaned. I rang around other peridontist and they were roughly the same price. In my desperation I turned to Medibank to see if I could use one of their member's choice providers so I could maximize my claim. They DONT HAVE ONE My question to Medibank is if you dont have one how do you decided what is a reasonable amount to REBATE???
Total crap will be taking it up further and I suggest other members should as well

S Lakshman
S LakshmanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unhappy Medibank customer

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks,

Phoebe
Phoebe

Good experience

Surprised to see so many negative comments here, never claimed anything super major but so far pretty good with a day surgery in a private hospital and fully covered apart from the gap fee.
Never had problem calling for inquiries, not sure if this is because I’m with the corporate platinum cover? Anyway.. thanks to the team with their excellent customer service.

Hi Phoebe,
Thanks for submitting your lovely review. We are happy to read about your positive experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have a great day! - Joshua

judy
judyPerth, WA

Happy to have it

So blessed to have this hospital coverage as I have had heart problems which I didnt know I had and all it has cost me is the $500 surplus.
Can't understand anyone giving bad reviews.

Hi Judy,
Have a great day! - Joshua

Seil OVIC, 3122

Medi Claim for GP Consultations

Dear Medibank,

Thank you for assisting me with medical care. As you can imagine, this process is very emotionally draining on the situation. However, the cooperation of the fine staff at Medibank makes it a little easier.

At this time, I would like to request that Medibank review the category that Dr. Helmy's services have been placed into. It appears that I am being charged a copay for GP consultation and treatment as a health service when in reality he provides me with a blood test and ECG. Please review this issue and kindly pay consultations fees.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Hi Seil,
Generally the benefit depends on the item number the provider charges. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you. Thanks, Anna

Seil O

Thanks for replying to me. I have been charged a copay for GP consultation fees of $ 75 per visit. I visited twice. Kindly pay consultations fees.

Thanks Seil, I just replied to your private message. - Anna

Eeshan
EeshanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ultra-professional phone sales rep

I didn't end up getting a policy with Medibank because HCF ended up giving me a better quote, but massive props to the guy on the phone - Stephen (Steve?) Foden - who gave me all of the required info, genuinely took the time to understand my situation, and was perfectly polite and continued being friendly even when I informed him that I was going with HCF.

If anyone from Medibank is reading this, please pass on my thanks again to Steve! If it hadn't been for HCF's lower quote I would've gone with Medibank, and I'll have Medibank at the top of my list for switching if HCF doesn't deliver.

wendylou
wendylouSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't know why

Don't know why I stay with them .The fees keep going up with nothing extra added . Can't even have a massage covered.Nib is no different . got a quote ,it was about the same.

Hi Wendylou,
I am sorry to read that you are finding difficulty seeing the value in your cover. I would suggest that now is the perfect time for a review. Just sent you a private message asking you to confirm a few details.
Thanks,

beau a.
beau a.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Want to upgrade policy? Don't bother

Called to upgrade extras cover going forward. Got told have to serve 2&6 month waiting periods again. New customers get them waived but loyal customers have to reserve them. Got told to join another fund for 31 days and then transfer back to get the new customer waiving of these periods.

Happy to take 6 months of premiums to have you wait for eligibility but any joe blow can sign up and be instantly eligible.

Seems a bit unfair to throw mud in the face of longstanding customers.

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance