Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (11)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (25)

Can't get claim paid out

I made a claim in June for something I know is definitely covered under my policy. Put claim in via app. Tried calling a few weeks ago - never heard back. Tried calling again today - Priority member - can't get through on phone. Used messaging - they keep saying it has been paid. I'm staring at my bank account - no it hasn't. Oh - we can't help... You have to visit a physical store... are you kidding me...? So an hour and a half out of my life so far and now I need to go visit a physical store... for $40. Wow! Stay away.

Kathy B
Kathy B

Such knowledgeable staff

I joined Medibank in 1976 and have been offered numerous other medical covers over the phone and all say the same thing you are on a good plan. I know that's why I have never changed.

Absolute zero value for money

Not worth paying for health insurance. Probably the same with others.
Out of pocket expenses are unbelievable and makes me wonder why on earth I’m insured in the first place. Dentists love insured people so they can charge even higher.
The system is designed to be a rip-off where rich families can afford insurance and high fees while those less well off can neither afford insurance nor the inflated health provider fees.

It’s a capitalist system. The rich get richer and the working class get shafted.

Hi there,
Thank you for submitting your review. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Medibank Live Better is a scam

I recently switched to Medibank and was invited to download and use Live Better where I earn points if record enough steps.

Well, it’s all a marketing scam because although I synced the app with my phone, it does not record all steps and for no reason it misses several thousand steps a day.

MedibankMedibank

Hi PakChoi, I’m sorry to hear the Live Better app hasn’t been syncing correctly for you. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and escalate this for you. – Thanks, Jade

Geoffrey D.
Geoffrey D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

When we need them, they are never there....

My husband and I have been with Medibank for close to 3 years now. After the government changes to health funds, medibank switched our policy with no notice. After identifying this prior to a spinal procedure I needed (RF Denervation L4/5), there was no help given, just told "you're not covered"

Now that my husband needs an ankle surgery, once again we are told, you're not covered. I have explained MULTIPLE times that we aren't concerned with the cost so much as understanding the cover and making sure we are.

It's just been one bad experience after another. Good bye Medibank.

Hi Geoffrey,
I'm very sorry that this has been your experience with us.
I've sent you private message so we can further look into your feedback.
- Mary

Useless and expensive

I was paying $109, I never received a full claim and most my claims we rejected i was with them for two years and they charged me $50 to cancel my policy

MedibankMedibank

Hi Mustfa, I’m sorry to read of your experience with Medibank. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and look into your claims. – Thanks, Jade

Brendan
BrendanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling !

My elderly parents took out cover recently. My father, who has never had an issue with his neck in my 47 years has just been told they will not cover a pinched nerve at C5 as they've deemed it pre existing. I am at a loss as to how they could possibly come to this conclusion. It is a complete toss of the coin with these rogues. Always happy to take premiums...Very reluctant to pay claims. There is no accountability.

Hi Brendan,
We just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
jenny
jennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

phone contact

spoken to Bernie today to solve my extra claim online which had problems.
Bernie was not very helpful and requested me to download the Medibank private Apps which I was reluctant to do as I told her I have too many apps already.
Bernie is not friendly and unhelpful.

Gulbahar B.
Gulbahar B.Sydney, NSW

Royal Commission wanted again!!!

The payments are always different for every two weeks. Claims are extremely difficult and cunning!!! And no online submitting either!!!
Medicare had refund and they try to avoid it…
Disgraceful. Need more Royal Commission for Medibank. Don’t invest your money to their leeching policy!! Don’t!

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Gulbahar,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you. I've send you a private message. - Cath

Melissa
MelissaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointed!

More than extremely disappointed over 25 years of being a member and a priority member.
Rang to negotiate any lower price on our ambulance membership as competitor is $80 cheaper.
Said would not budge on price what’s so ever.
So have no choice to cancel and go else where.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry to read of your experience. If you would like me to arrange someone to review your policy, please send a private message with your details and we'd be happy to help. - Cath

AnnaCanberra 2600, ACT

They can't even set up policy properly, wondering how the claiming would look like...

Hi Anna,
We are sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Aline
Aline

Horrible claim system

In the middle of 21st century and it is unbelievable that to get a refund we have to make a claim through a letter, they don't do it online and if you are in another country you have to pay to send a letter to request for a refund.

Do not trust Medibank

Claim Made Yes
Honesty Matters
Honesty Matters
Chetan
ChetanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just wanted to make money with zero customer service

I was with Medibank and my employer paying for it. After my employment changed and I have informed them about my situation and asked for cancel the policy they still charged me and never refund.

MedibankMedibank

They have waiting periods yet do not honour them.

I spoke over the phone to them numerous times and they were useless. They wanted me to chase doctors to fill in mind numbing paper work during the pandemic. Very disappointed - will be changing funds ASAP!

Hi there,
Thanks for submitting your review.
I've sent you a private message so we can discuss your concerns in further detail.
- Mary

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance