Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Medibank

1.0
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (1)
Seil OVIC, 3122

Medi Claim for GP Consultations

Dear Medibank,

Thank you for assisting me with medical care. As you can imagine, this process is very emotionally draining on the situation. However, the cooperation of the fine staff at Medibank makes it a little easier.

At this time, I would like to request that Medibank review the category that Dr. Helmy's services have been placed into. It appears that I am being charged a copay for GP consultation and treatment as a health service when in reality he provides me with a blood test and ECG. Please review this issue and kindly pay consultations fees.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Claim Made Yes
Plan CoverageHospital Only
Coverage TypeSingle
Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Seil,
Generally the benefit depends on the item number the provider charges. I just sent you a private message so that we can look into that for you. Thanks, Anna

Seil O

Thanks for replying to me. I have been charged a copay for GP consultation fees of $ 75 per visit. I visited twice. Kindly pay consultations fees.

Thanks Seil, I just replied to your private message. - Anna

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,
Anna

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,
Anna

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance