Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance (page 5 of 5)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (1)
shellfreak
shellfreak

Bad

Really I would only insure with Medibank Private for convenience sake - you know they have a lot of providers. Otherwise, there is far better value to be found elsewhere.
The largest insurer on the market so have an extensive branch and provider network. Used to be much better before the government flagged selling them, after which they went seriously downhill.
Their premiums are no longer that competitive and I think they still have a lot of customers only because people are too lazy, or unsure, of how to switch to someone else. And they always seem to be near the top of the annual premium increases.

april1975
april1975SA, 5161

Bad

I have been with Medibank since I was still on my parents cover. I have now had my own (along with my husband and kids) cover for 17years with Medibank.

in this time they have made the packages more and more confusing. Im sure I am paying for a LOT that I dont need but I dont understand it so have no idea.

Rebates have decreased so I have higher out of pocket costs.

I pay $176 a FORTNIGHT and very rarely claim. I was planning on reducing my cover to the bare minimum when I didscovered recently that my son needs an operation. So I will keep the cover until he has that done (in 3 weeks) then drop back to as low as I can.
you are (sort of) covered for your health
where do I start? Far too many to mention

tiseffies
tiseffies

Bad

If you are withe the insurance for a few years and had hospital cover (a package) you'd most likely have some bonus points accumulated. It's the sort of thing you read but forget about when you join and it won't be till after the first year you've joined. Ensure you use it before downgrading a cover or you'll lose it (sometime without a warning from the stuff like me)
if you don't care too much about what you spend, as long as you have a health insurance that will be there tomorrow, i guess it's fine.
the stuff is not all that knowledgeable or advise correctly over the phone. you'd have to go in person into a store to sort out your issue or get some clear answers.

BernieH
BernieHQld, 4817

Bad

We were with Medibank Private but changed to another provider. Their rates are similar to most other providers who cover everything we want but whenever we went in to make a claim or to make an enquiry their staff were always so rude. We were also warned by one specialist that he wouldn't deal with Medibank Private and that I would have to pay everything up front and then claim it back but if I changed to another provider he would bill them and I wouldn't be out of pocket at all. Needless to say we changed to a better provider.
Rates are similar to other providers.
Unprofessional staff.

Dr RR
Dr RRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad

Medibank is increasing its premium this year for our family and removed so many services for which we used to be covered earlier!
Can be cheap and has offices everywhere
not much coverage

fehmel
fehmelMelbourne

I feel it is important to be in this high Blue Ribbon, as it gives security for me if I have to go to hospital that I will not have to pay great amounts for private health care. The Dental in Blue Ribbon extras are very good also.
I feel safer to be in the Blue Ribbon hospital and Blur Ribbon Extras being an older person I might need this, and do not want to go public.
Even though I pay the High amount for Blue Ribbon service it is NOT gauranteed that I will get a private room if I go top hjospital.

bob19
bob19

Bad

Every year the price goes up at a huge rate. Will need to look around to swithch to another company.
I have their hospital cover. Don't no of any pros.
Every year the price goes up at a huge rate. This year it went up by 10 to 15 % depending on the cover.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

EileenGarraway
EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

Ruftybear
RuftybearSydney, NSW

I have heard people say that Medibank Private can be expensive, but since the recent increase (which comes into effect on the 1st April) I have found that they are much cheaper than the many other companies. I found the staff member who arranged my transfer from another fund (NIB) incredibly helpful and I couldn't fault the service I received. My mother has been with them for 30+ years and she has been happy with them.
Shopfront to be able to talk face to face with someone, friendly staff and reasonable premiums.
Nothing as yet

QweenB
QweenB

I have been with Medibank Private for years and I truelly love their service. I recently realised that I can claim way more than I pay to be insured each year if I get new glasses, claim my acupuncture and massages, use my complimentary dental services and also use my $200.00 flexi bonus! I am not an unhealthy person and yet I still get a lot of use out of my insurance. I have My Options Hospital and Extras cover and when I got my wisdom teeth surgically extracted they covered the gap on my anesthesiologist bill as well! I love that I can go in store and make my claims and they electronically deposit the money straight into my bank and I can access it minutes later!
Great service, reasonable claim limits, bonuses etc.

ambachook
ambachook

I became a member of medibank private because they offered me the best deal and I was only 16 at the time and they allowed me to become a member. I also joined because of the Blue ribbon extras. I pay $17.00 a fortnight so it is easy to afford and they have the best cover for dentist and optical etc. I recommend any young or old person to sign up as it is quick and easy and they make your options to best suit your needs. Medibank is easy to get in contact with and they help you out with what you need.
It is easy to apply

heytherek
heytherek

Bad

I was with Medibank Private for some time but with the ongoing increase in fees decided to ditch my plan. You have to seriously pay a lot of money each month to get any decent cover and it just made it unaffordable.
They do have some good policies and can be cheaper than other health insurers on the market. Easy to deal with and their staff are generally friendly and efficient.
They keep putting up the prices of health insurance which can make many policies simply unaffordable. You have to pay a lot to get any decent cover in health insurance.

Kievor
Kievor

They are a great servce provider , some other companies could take a page out of their book .
I just hope that thay dont go private .
The servive from them. Able to talk to a person on the phone not a machine.
Always get back to you .
Bill can go straight to them.
I f they go pivate owened .

b_b
b_b

Bad

I could no longer afford it, so changed funds. I was on the basic pack but it was not covering my needs.
The good things was when you could claim bag sports shoes, gym membership etc, then they scrapped it.
Too expensive for my budget. Plus, it included School Accidents ($800) which really did not benefit me, this could of been used elsewhere on my cover.

utetraveller