Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance

Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)
Berina
Berina

AMAZING SERVICE

gabby was amazing to call me when she knew i was struggling with something snd even told me to email her personally if i had any problems ! Highly recommend medibank, lovely service quick and prompt. I have peace of kind knowing iam covered for everything life throws at me. I have compared with most insurance policies and medibank stuck out for me. In terms of cost and what you are covered for:) super happy

MedibankMedibank

Hi Berina, we’re so glad to read of your customer service experience with Gabby and that you’re happy with your cover. If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out.
Kindly, Jade

RafaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good customer service

Just had great experience over the phone, Nicholas was the attendant and was very helpful to backdate a suspension due to overseas travel. It’s the first time I had an insurer being helpful instead of using every opportunity to make your life hard, so big advantage there!

Hi Rafael,
Thanks for submitting a 5 star review.
Please send us a private message with your details so we can pass on your positive comments to Nicholas' manager.
- Mary

Rafael

Hi Mary, which details do you require?
The policy is under my name - Rafael Fernandes Vendrame

Cover for aged care parent - edited and updated from 1 star to 3 stars

MedibankMedibank

Hi Jay, we’re so sorry to hear this. I’ve just sent you a private message to escalate this for you. Kindly, Jade

Jay
Jay

Thank you for the response, someone at Medibank has given me a call and looking to resolve the issue. I will update the post and the review once i have had a resolution.

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the update, we are glad the issue has been resolved. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

D Van Luyn
D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Customer Service

A guy buy the name of Eric called me as was requested he was brilliant he answered every question tat needed answered the policy he arranged suited me perfectly. if shopping around for a policy ask for Eric perfect solution.

MedibankMedibank

Hi David, thanks for your review. We're so glad Eric was able to help find the best cover for you! - Kindly, Jade

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Salt Pepper
Salt Pepper

No support for members who have literally been with them their whole life.

Unable to provide a good service for people that have been with the company for many years. Their websites don’t work properly and they didn’t give me what I actually needed and I didn’t realise as I assumed they had listened to me. Don’t assume anything. Don’t assume you will be supported. Whilst I don’t agree that 1.5 stars out of 5 is correct, they don’t deserve 5 stars.

Andy N.
Andy N.Perth, WA

Not bad could be better

Hi Andy,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,

Phoebe
Phoebe

Good experience

Surprised to see so many negative comments here, never claimed anything super major but so far pretty good with a day surgery in a private hospital and fully covered apart from the gap fee.
Never had problem calling for inquiries, not sure if this is because I’m with the corporate platinum cover? Anyway.. thanks to the team with their excellent customer service.

Hi Phoebe,
Thanks for submitting your lovely review. We are happy to read about your positive experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have a great day! - Joshua

judy
judyPerth, WA

Happy to have it

So blessed to have this hospital coverage as I have had heart problems which I didnt know I had and all it has cost me is the $500 surplus.
Can't understand anyone giving bad reviews.

Hi Judy,
Have a great day! - Joshua

Eeshan
EeshanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ultra-professional phone sales rep

I didn't end up getting a policy with Medibank because HCF ended up giving me a better quote, but massive props to the guy on the phone - Stephen (Steve?) Foden - who gave me all of the required info, genuinely took the time to understand my situation, and was perfectly polite and continued being friendly even when I informed him that I was going with HCF.

If anyone from Medibank is reading this, please pass on my thanks again to Steve! If it hadn't been for HCF's lower quote I would've gone with Medibank, and I'll have Medibank at the top of my list for switching if HCF doesn't deliver.

Deanna
DeannaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic service

Just want to say a big thankyou to Tracy and Loretta at the Medibank Garden City store. Every time I go into the store for assistance they always have a smile on their faces and always exceed my expectation every time. Thankyou ladies :)

Medibank P.Medibank
Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great cover for years, but then I found something cheaper

Great cover for years, but then I found something cheaper so I moved to bupa.
I never had a problem of any kind while I was a member and went to hospital several times, including two obstetrics admissions. I would not hesitate moving back at all.

Hi Kathryn,
Thank you for your lovely review. However, we are sorry to hear you are no longer a Medibank member. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
I hope you have a great day!

Nadia
NadiaSydney, NSW

Lucky I got the right Medibank staff who was absolutely helpful

Greg
GregSydney, NSW

Nice policies, at least in comparison with others

I moved from another vendor because I was getting very small amount back. Moved to 70 corp package and pretty happy with it. I just know that I will get 70% from any extra.
I can't say it's ideal, however the rest of the companies couldn't provide the same service level.

Hi Greg,
Thanks for taking your time to post your review. We’re glad to read you have been happy with your cover. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
I hope you have a lovely afternoon! – Anna

Penny
Penny

Pretty useless website when you need it

Insurance claim madeNo

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance