Medibank Health Insurance

D Van Luyn
D Van LuynPerth, WA

Medibank is the best

Great value, quick process for my claims and I’ve been with Medibank since 2012
Not sure why they have low star ratings.

Customer services are also great.

I personally think they should have 5 stars rating

Coverage TypeFamily
Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
MedibankMedibank

Hi D, thanks for your lovely review! If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Jade

judy
judyPerth, WA

Happy to have it

So blessed to have this hospital coverage as I have had heart problems which I didnt know I had and all it has cost me is the $500 surplus.
Can't understand anyone giving bad reviews.

Under 30No

Hi Judy,
Thanks for submitting your lovely review. We are happy to read about your positive experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have a great day! - Joshua

Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great cover for years, but then I found something cheaper

Great cover for years, but then I found something cheaper so I moved to bupa.
I never had a problem of any kind while I was a member and went to hospital several times, including two obstetrics admissions. I would not hesitate moving back at all.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2017

Hi Kathryn,
Thank you for your lovely review. However, we are sorry to hear you are no longer a Medibank member. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
I hope you have a great day!

Health Insurance

Find out how Medibank Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Victor N
Victor NMelbourne

Amazing customer service. 10/10 peace of mind.

Been with medibank for 6 years. I know it's abit pricey, but health insurance in general is expensive in Australia, however it's absolutely worth it in my opinion. To make the most out of it you must use all the extras!

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance