Medibank Health Insurance

Medibank Health Insurance (page 2 of 2)

Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)
neisha
neishaMelbourne

Great value and customer service..Use member choice. educate yourself on how to maximise your policy

Medibank P.Medibank

Thanks so much for the review Neisha! We’re really glad to hear that your cover and the service you have received is making you a happy customer and hope to keep it up for many years to come. Have a great day – Brett

My Reviews
My Reviews

Long Term Customer

long term customer.
only have extras now.
I really like that I can make my payments via Bpay each, opposed to DD.
Also like that if I need to get in touch with them, you can live chat onine.

Medibank P.Medibank

Thanks so much for the review! We’ve passed your feedback through to the customer service team on your behalf. Have a great day – Brett

Overseas student - lucky to be covered with madibank

So I know that normally people write just the bad stuff but I decided to write only good about madibank.
I have been covered by madibank and this is the first time I'm dealing in my own with an insurance company (24 years old) and while my stay here I was need to have an operation hernia repair, of course it was not easy to deal with the insurance with a lot of phone calls and so many emails that been writin and gave me a headache but advantually madibank been covered me from the beginning to the end with no trouble just don't expect that your life will be easy it still an insurance company...

Rodge Turner
Rodge TurnerMelbourne

Not bad I thought

Been with Medibank for a while and just changed plan. I've only really claimed a few extras never had a long stay in hospital touch wood. Always seem pretty good to me.

MJA
MJASydney, NSW

Best customer service with REAL ADVICE

Phoned Medibank for advice on my cover as I was looking to join HCF with my husband. I received honest advice on how to maximise the cover I had, then after realising I didn't use the top extras I was given information on another cover that is $20 less per month, and exactly what I need. thank you you Bess for all your time and handy tips

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
FAIR DINKUM
FAIR DINKUM

Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Everything went as smooth as Silk...Medicare and Medibank both worked well together..Sent claim to Medicare on the Monday Paid Wed...Medicare sent Claim to Medibank on Fri Medibank sent Money to account Paid Monday...Very Happy!!

Damien
DamienBrisbane

Easy claim, good cover, good extras

tailofdog
tailofdogGold Coast

Just Great

Just had a total hip replacement aug 19.
Rehab for the last 4 weeks. Just great! No problems at all. Happy Customer!

Great

We just use Extras cover - no hospital. Never had any issues, excellent rebates, reliable hicaps/online claiming, all very good. Price is a little higher than some and less than others - pretty much in the lower-middle bracket for top extras cover

Shopaholic
ShopaholicPerth, WA

Excellent Service for past 15 years

Joined Medibank after discharging from services 15 years ago and they have been fantastic. We rarely use hospital services but when we do they pay up with no questions asked. Extras are great we have never had any issues with rejected claims. Customer service is fantastic and staff are always friendly. I love that I can claim online and check my totals claimed for each service. Shame that others have had not so good experiences.

Cloudy
Cloudy

Excellent Extras

Wow, lots of bad reviews for this one. I thought I would jump on and write a review for its extras cover only.

They gave me basic extras 75 with no waiting period and no contract for $20 month. I went straight into a remedial masseuse and only paid a gap of $12 of a $54 overall bill. Do this every month and it has paid for itself plus all the other extras such as free ambulance rides.

I don't worry about hospital cover. Getting a private room is the last thing I am concerned about on a trip to the hospital. Waiting periods can be worked around. So I can't comment on how good Medibank is in this regard.
Online account, easy payments, accepted in many places

More than happy

I am more than happy with our health insurance with Medibank Private - we have had top hospital and extras cover for over 5 years now and have never, ever had any dramas with claiming...My private obstetrician and hospital fees were covered, my husbands major shoulder operation (privately) was covered and all our dental checkups 2 per year for 5 of us are also all covered. We have claimed chiro, massage, psychologists etc with no problems at all. Perhaps some people are just expecting 'too much'..I mean, nothing is free and you will always have a co-contribution no matter what private health fund you're with! As for us, we are more than happy with both the premiums and the service!
Easy!
Nothing in 5 years....and counting

irina1985
irina1985Canberra

Easy to deal with, good customer support

I have been with Medibank for 3 years now and never had any problems with making claims. Very pleased with the choice of insurance provider.
easy to make claims

Good reliable service. great extras

I have been using medibank for 7 years had an operation to remove some Gaulstones. Paid my extra got straight into hospital covered all my expenses.

They are great for my family and have been very useful. All other reviews are sceptical and they have not read the instructions clearly outlined by the handouts etc.
efficient reliable big and conventional

Mr Plant
Mr PlantBRISBANE

Good Service, Great Extras

Find out how Medibank Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

I really don't Understand all the negative reviews!

fehmel
fehmelMelbourne

I feel it is important to be in this high Blue Ribbon, as it gives security for me if I have to go to hospital that I will not have to pay great amounts for private health care. The Dental in Blue Ribbon extras are very good also.
I feel safer to be in the Blue Ribbon hospital and Blur Ribbon Extras being an older person I might need this, and do not want to go public.
Even though I pay the High amount for Blue Ribbon service it is NOT gauranteed that I will get a private room if I go top hjospital.

Ruftybear
RuftybearSydney, NSW

I have heard people say that Medibank Private can be expensive, but since the recent increase (which comes into effect on the 1st April) I have found that they are much cheaper than the many other companies. I found the staff member who arranged my transfer from another fund (NIB) incredibly helpful and I couldn't fault the service I received. My mother has been with them for 30+ years and she has been happy with them.
Shopfront to be able to talk face to face with someone, friendly staff and reasonable premiums.
Nothing as yet

QweenB
QweenB

I have been with Medibank Private for years and I truelly love their service. I recently realised that I can claim way more than I pay to be insured each year if I get new glasses, claim my acupuncture and massages, use my complimentary dental services and also use my $200.00 flexi bonus! I am not an unhealthy person and yet I still get a lot of use out of my insurance. I have My Options Hospital and Extras cover and when I got my wisdom teeth surgically extracted they covered the gap on my anesthesiologist bill as well! I love that I can go in store and make my claims and they electronically deposit the money straight into my bank and I can access it minutes later!
Great service, reasonable claim limits, bonuses etc.

ambachook
ambachook

I became a member of medibank private because they offered me the best deal and I was only 16 at the time and they allowed me to become a member. I also joined because of the Blue ribbon extras. I pay $17.00 a fortnight so it is easy to afford and they have the best cover for dentist and optical etc. I recommend any young or old person to sign up as it is quick and easy and they make your options to best suit your needs. Medibank is easy to get in contact with and they help you out with what you need.
It is easy to apply

Kievor
Kievor

They are a great servce provider , some other companies could take a page out of their book .
I just hope that thay dont go private .
The servive from them. Able to talk to a person on the phone not a machine.
Always get back to you .
Bill can go straight to them.
I f they go pivate owened .

utetraveller
utetraveller

Roger T.
Roger T.asked

If I pay for 12month cover before the April 1st can I get it at the current rate rather than the rate from April 1st.

Hi Roger,
Generally you can. However please don’t hesitate to send us a private message so that we can check your premium for you. Thanks, Anna

Hildaasked

My husband has throat cancer. We can have the operation immediately if we pay the specialist $5000. Could we get any kind of medicare rebate on the amount as we are both elderly but in otherwise good health. My husband is in pain and the waiting list has lengthened due to the corona virus.

chris tedbury
chris tedbury

Well I take it you don’t have private health cover, I did and was basically forced into public If your catagory1 like me they said we must do within 30 days perhaps sera a more sympathetic doctor and beg him to get to catorgy 1 they cannot watch him die

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for getting in touch. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Please note, if your question was intended for Medicare please get in touch with Medicare at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/contact-us.

Thanks,
Anna

Hilda

Hi Anna, thank you for your message. The surgical team at John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle has taken care of my husband and he is down for surgery next Friday and it will be fully funded by Medicare. The relief for both of us has been dramatic. Hilda

Reddy
Reddyasked

Why do medibank doesn't have claims via email? It is always not possible for us to go to stores or post at this stage and submit our claims. It would help customers if you have some generic email to submit claims which other insurance companies offer like BUPA?

Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question. Most claims can be submitted via the My Medibank app.
If you need help accessing your online account, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message or contact our Contact Centre on 132 331 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEST) for assistance. Thanks,
Anna

See all Medibank Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance