Megabuy

Megabuy (page 2 of 11)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (23)

We don't take returns

10x easier to walk into umart if I have any issues. Wouldn't recommend unless you are happy to deal with the drama when things go wrong.

Prices are good and the staff say all the right things however they do not follow through with resolving issues. The staff are nice and friendly but ultimately following through with promises is where it matters.

Their choice of Courier is random so you get radical variation from item depending on warehouse.

If you need to do a return they are happy to leave you to fend for yourself while dealing with offshore support that only responds to emails once a week to progress your return.

Terrible returns process

Purchased RAM which arrived faulty, so I then began the return process from hell. Five weeks of trying to get a refund, via multiple unanswered emails and phone calls, I had to result in submitting evidence to PayPal and having them successfully return my funds.

So word to the wise, should you use this company, pay with PayPal, else you'll have more luck getting blood out of a stone should a part be faulty.

Nino

NinoSouth East Queensland, QLD

>8 Weeks to resolve a DOA Hard Drive. Avoid at all costs!

Phil M.

Phil M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim to have stock but dont then increase the price

Ordere 2 camera mounting brackets as they showed on there store they had the product in stock at a reasonable price as I had time constraints to install for my client. Received that my ordered was processed, funds were taken, then a week later (after I should have already had the product in my hand according to there processing emails) received an email stating in fact they did not have the stock and wanted to almost double the price. Terrible service and dishonest website stock availability. Very disappointed. Supplied my concerns to the customer service rep and was told nothing could be done and refund was processed.

Ryan

RyanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hopeless - out of stock, took almost 2 months to get a refund

Hopeless company to deal with.

I had to chase, and chase, and chase to get updates. Kept getting promises of "1-2 weeks". After 6 weeks I gave up, and it took several more weeks to finally get my refund.

greg

greg

Price rise and full refund not returned - Would give zero stars if possible

Ordered & paid for an item on Tuesday.
Was told 2 days later price went up day I purchased?!
Told store to honour original price - no.
Almost 2 weeks later still no full refund.

David V.

David V.Perth, WA

Shipment is slower than turtles

If you would like to buy a cheap product and wait a month for it Begabuy is your store. They wouldn't update the order status for 2 weeks. The 3th week they would ship your product. If you are in WA it would take another 10 days until you receive the product you will keep calling them everyday. Ask yourself does it worth it just to save $40? I don't think so. Never again.

Deceptive Stock list.

Tommy J.

Tommy J.Far North Queensland, QLD

Spend your money else where!!! 24 days until posted!!!

Find out how Megabuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Worst online shopping experience I've ever had

I ordered 6 items, all listed as being in stock. More than 3 weeks have gone past, and I'm still waiting for 3 of the items. I've been in constant contact with Megabuy's customer service. Every week they give me a new ETA, and every week it gets missed. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend buying from this business.

Percy Kaku

Percy KakuSydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service

Stay away from these frauds! After being sold an item and assured multiple times it was in stock, they gave me a false tracking number and then claimed there was no stock. As if one level of incompetence wasn't enough, they managed to outdo themselves.

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Skirting legal obligations

Purchased a set of desktop RAM. Within 6 months one of the sticks had died. Megabuy originally quoted 6 weeks for warranty return, and only for replacement rather than refund.

Alena

AlenaMelbourne

Incorrect and outdated details on MegaBuy web site

Product details on MegaBuy web site were incorrect, poor attention to detail. When I contacted MegaBuy chat, they replied that they were unable to assist, and I should email them.

gp01

gp01Hobart

Don't deal with these people!

CharlieTango

CharlieTangoAU

False stock levels

The item I purchased was listed as "2+ In-Stock [Available]" at time of ordering (and for days prior). Immediately after placing the order, the stock level adjusted to "1+ In-Stock [Available]" (and for days thereafter).

However, twelve (12) days after placing the order, MegaBuy advised there was none in stock. No automatic refund, had to request it in writing, despite it being a "major failure" as per Australian Consumer Law.

I would not trust any of the stock level information, given it was obviously false for my order.

Never again

First and last time what a bunch of clowns. Placed and paid for an order online next day they cancelled my order accused me of fraudulent behavior and took 5 days to put my money back into my account. Never had this happen before. Will never use this company again. What a joke.

Bad setup with the Megabuy taking no responsibility after passing it on to the delivery company

The wrong address was sent through by Megabuy to the delivery company. Neither Megabuy nor their delivery company contacted me to indicate that there was a failed delivery. After my instructions were correct and required a phone call before delivery they delivered it to the wrong address, with no phone call. 3 days later when I called I receive this information. Surely, a problem with communication between themselves, the delivery company and the client is no excuse for the client to suffer!

Jason

JasonBrisbane

Wrong stock on their website and lack of communication

Ordered from these guys specifically as their website listed the item i wanted as in stock. When it didn't arrive in a week (I gave them a bit of extra time as they promised 1-3 days delivery) had to contact them twice over two days before they came back to me to tell me that it wasn't actually in stock. A couple of days later they send me an email stating that the product has been shipped. I wait the 3 days for shipping with no product arrived so I contact them again and their response is that they sent the email by mistake and that they don't even have it in stock yet. Now they tell me it will take them 7 days to refund me cause there's no way this bunch of monkeys is seeing any business off me now or ever again.

Jarryd

Jarryd

They dont honour prices on their site even after you have paid for them...

Terrible customer service. There was a great price on a product. I messaged their live chat to confirm it was correct and they said yes so i purchased and paid, only for them to email me pretending the item was "discontinued". They then re uploaded the item at a much higher price and i would have to pay the difference or cancel my order...dont believe any price you see on the website. They wont honour it and now im stuck waiting days for a refund.

John

JohnPerth

Very poor customer service and extremely high freight charges. Still not received

Found the store fine. But regretting using them now. Still haven't received goods. Paid premium for interstate freight and 2 weeks almost still waiting.