Megabuy

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (34)

Megabuy is a scam website

I did a Google Search to buy a WD My Book 10TB Hard Drive to match the one I already own. I got several results with Megabuy the lowest cost so I bought the product. I did not realise the Megabuy website had defaulted to a similar but different product. WD Elements 10TB Hard Drive. I received the product, realized it was not what I thought I had bought and contacted Megabuy. They will give me a refund after deducting a 25% restock cost. This is a ripoff. I am not the first person to get caught by this website defaulting to a different product and counting on the customer not to notice the difference. I think Megabuy is deliberately practicing misleading and deceptive conduct. I want to return the product for a full refund.

Caveat - Buyer beware

Rural Resident

Rural ResidentNorthern Region, NSW

No delivery to PO Box but will take your order

Checked in their Shipping & Returns page whether a PO Box is Ok. No mention of PO Boxes. Ordered my item entering a PO Box. Accepted the order, which will be rejected at some time in the future.
I live in a rural area where ALL mail goes to the local Post Office, who receive parcels up to 100's of kilos from a range of couriers for the community.

madmat

madmatAU

Nothing but lies

Simon Wells

Simon WellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with stock being filtered as instock but is dropped shipped from supplier taking way to long to arrive

I used the website to find a power supply that would suit my build I used the sites inbuilt "instock" filter and found a suitable item, ordered on Monday, I am only 40min drive away... It is now late Friday and still no item..... The carrier does not know where the item is and Megabuy has not been extremely helpful at all.... Item ordered and paid for on Monday, apparently was not shipped until Wednesday and will now maybe turn up next week sometime website states 3 days delivery. Megabuy does not include the "processing" time in this 3 days..... So be aware if you order...

Unfortunately I have no confidence the item will actually turn up..

Vinh N.

Vinh N.Victoria

shocking after sale service

bought a Zebra 2D scanner from these people and within 2 weeks it stopped functioning properly. Zebra referred me back to Megabuy with the issue and all it is, is Zebra want me to try replacing the cable that connects the scanner to the PC. 3 weeks after contacting Megabuy with the problem, they kept asking ridiculous questions and no cable to be seen. The sort of questions they ask: Did the cable come with the scanner? What sort of cable was it? this product came from them and they don't know if the cable came with it or what sort of cable it was.. I will never ever buy anything from these people again.

Peter M

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

False advertising

• +2Thumbnail
Lou

LouBrisbane

Happy to take your money then just keep putting you off about delivery of goods.

Rang Megabuy and was assured that they had stock (4) of the photo scanner I wanted to buy, so ordered and paid for it....eight weeks later and many emails promising the world....NEVER GOT IT!
Nice admin staff that regularly respond to your emails, but the content is placating and never honest.
Will never order from this company again!

Lee

LeeSydney, NSW

No Refund and The Worst Customer Service

Purchased powerboards through the oneline store and they sent me the incorrect ones. I asked for a return and they flatly denied. They said the product may vary from image and is exactly what I ordered. It was absolutely not what I ordered and then they quickly deleted the image. This is how they make their money by stealing from people. Be aware of this company as I have noticed on other websites they do this regularly.

Maarten v.

Maarten v.South East Queensland, QLD

WARNING! Stay away from Megabuy. No refunds and no customer service. Worst experience ever!!

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Total failure to sell products online.

Account set up and item paid for in full but they refused to sent the product without verifying a tiny refund done to my account which takes days. No time!

Avoid at all costs.

Absolutely abysmal service. These guys are straight up thieves. Ordered a PC from the Megabuy website and what was delivered had the wrong processor, drives, and was completely missing the graphics card as advertised.

After hours of back and forward explaining the issue over email with great difficulty, I was told to lodge a returns claim. Days later I have heard nothing back even after following up via email.

A paypal dispute has been launched but I have no hope that this will be resolved satisfactorily. And now I am going without the PC I needed as it's in a box on the floor.

Do not go anywhere near this business, you will be robbed blind.

Buyer beware

Megabuy may without warning refuse your order if you use PayPal or a credit card, and instead will try to talk you into re-paying with a bank transfer ensuring that you have no buyer protection.

Not Happy

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Go somewhere else.

Purchased an in stock item from them recently, paid for item, then 5 days later they decided the price had gone up. Purchased a laptop from them a while back that arrived with a broken key, they were totally unhelpful and rude.

Advertised monitor was not correct

I purchased a monitor which advertised that it had a HDMI port. I did receive the monitor quickly (within 3 days) but it did not have the HDMI port. I had to pay for the courier to return the monitor (was reimbursed 3 weeks later) then I had to wait over a week for a replacement because it took them that long for the warehouse to check the monitor I returned, which would only take 5 minutes to confirm there was no HDMI port.

IT D

IT DSydney, NSW

Asked if they had stock, the price magically goes up $50

I email the contact address asking if they have stock for the Logitech Brio 4K Ultra HD webcam with RightLightT 3, they confirm they do. I proceed to checkout and the price of the webcam goes up $50.

I email support, he says "I won't be able to offer the old price, the item has be restocked from a different distributor with a different price, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused"

This all happened within 30 minutes. Girl, just say you're greedy and go!!! Giving me such awful excuses like I'm a child. GOODBYE

0/10 - Wouldn't recommend

SSPOD

SSPODSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product - but I still need a FY19-20 tax receipt

I'm happy with the product and the speed of delivery, but I expecting to receive a tax receipt dated 30 June so that I can make a tax return claim in FY 19-20. I haven't received such a receipt. Your website advertised that purchases on 30 June would be receipted within the FY.

Asus Laptop purchase

No issues finding what I needed. Good range to choose from. Quick delivery. Computer as described with no quality issues. One thing to mention is that the parcel was supposed to be signed for and was left on front veranda without signature. Not sure if this is a covid thing with touching and signing, but maybe something that needs to be taken up with courier company about leaving a $700 laptop on someones porch. Thats the only reason I only rated 3 stars for the store. Other than that, no issues and a good experience overall.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shocking Customer Service, but the story ends well!

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and easy order process

Quick and easy order process and works well provided nothing goes wrong. In my case, I inadvertently ordered the incorrect item. Tried calling the call center to change order before it shipped but the call center was not open, the recording just said call back during business hours (which I was doing). I sent an email to customer service but by the time I had a response, the order had shipped. The customer service agent was very responsive and offered to take the incorrect item back but as the hassle to do so didn't warrant the value of the item I chose not to return for exchange. My order consisted of 2 consignments, one was delivered in just a day or two. The other was 6 days out of Brisbane which I thought was a bit long.