Megabuy

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (55)

Megabuy is a scam website

I did a Google Search to buy a WD My Book 10TB Hard Drive to match the one I already own. I got several results with Megabuy the lowest cost so I bought the product. I did not realise the Megabuy website had defaulted to a similar but different product. WD Elements 10TB Hard Drive. I received the product, realized it was not what I thought I had bought and contacted Megabuy. They will give me a refund after deducting a 25% restock cost. This is a ripoff. I am not the first person to get caught by this website defaulting to a different product and counting on the customer not to notice the difference. I think Megabuy is deliberately practicing misleading and deceptive conduct. I want to return the product for a full refund.

Caveat - Buyer beware

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great

Navigation of the store wasnt bad. The range was really good. The quality of the products were great and the responseon my purchase to the time of the items depart from the store to my house great.

Rural Resident

Rural ResidentNorthern Region, NSW

No delivery to PO Box but will take your order

Checked in their Shipping & Returns page whether a PO Box is Ok. No mention of PO Boxes. Ordered my item entering a PO Box. Accepted the order, which will be rejected at some time in the future.
I live in a rural area where ALL mail goes to the local Post Office, who receive parcels up to 100's of kilos from a range of couriers for the community.

Adequate

The fact you charged me two postage charges for one order did annoy me and I nearly didn't order with you because of this. I will be unlikely to order again if this continues to be the case.

madmat

madmatAU

Nothing but lies

Simon Wells

Simon WellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with stock being filtered as instock but is dropped shipped from supplier taking way to long to arrive

I used the website to find a power supply that would suit my build I used the sites inbuilt "instock" filter and found a suitable item, ordered on Monday, I am only 40min drive away... It is now late Friday and still no item..... The carrier does not know where the item is and Megabuy has not been extremely helpful at all.... Item ordered and paid for on Monday, apparently was not shipped until Wednesday and will now maybe turn up next week sometime website states 3 days delivery. Megabuy does not include the "processing" time in this 3 days..... So be aware if you order...

Unfortunately I have no confidence the item will actually turn up..

Vinh N.

Vinh N.Victoria

shocking after sale service

bought a Zebra 2D scanner from these people and within 2 weeks it stopped functioning properly. Zebra referred me back to Megabuy with the issue and all it is, is Zebra want me to try replacing the cable that connects the scanner to the PC. 3 weeks after contacting Megabuy with the problem, they kept asking ridiculous questions and no cable to be seen. The sort of questions they ask: Did the cable come with the scanner? What sort of cable was it? this product came from them and they don't know if the cable came with it or what sort of cable it was.. I will never ever buy anything from these people again.

Peter M

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

False advertising

• +2Thumbnail

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Price was right and product was good.

All the contacts were very good, product was recommended by staff, delivery was prompt.
Product performed great, could do with online or hard copy manual.
Just a small critic.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Performed better than expected

Lou

LouBrisbane

Happy to take your money then just keep putting you off about delivery of goods.

Rang Megabuy and was assured that they had stock (4) of the photo scanner I wanted to buy, so ordered and paid for it....eight weeks later and many emails promising the world....NEVER GOT IT!
Nice admin staff that regularly respond to your emails, but the content is placating and never honest.
Will never order from this company again!

Gerard

GerardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good range and great prices

Easy to navigate and great range at very competitive pricing. Reasonably fast. Overall good experience. Tip for improvement; show stock levels on website and more shipping options for website purchases would be nice

Lee

LeeSydney, NSW

No Refund and The Worst Customer Service

Purchased powerboards through the oneline store and they sent me the incorrect ones. I asked for a return and they flatly denied. They said the product may vary from image and is exactly what I ordered. It was absolutely not what I ordered and then they quickly deleted the image. This is how they make their money by stealing from people. Be aware of this company as I have noticed on other websites they do this regularly.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

The guys at Chermside were extremely helpful in helping me buy a gaming monitor providing me with lots of price options whilst explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each unit. i will shop there again.

Find out how Megabuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Great service. So far excellent products

I purchased a small business laptop. I was undecided between and all in one desktop or a laptop. Any questions I had about the devices were promptly answers by Megabuy. Product came within a week.

HDMI and DVI/VGA Dual-Video Docking Station

Very happy with my purchase. It was delivered within a week and has made my life easier working across multiple screens. The documentation and DVD weren't much help, but I downloaded the software with no trouble.

Maarten v.

Maarten v.South East Queensland, QLD

WARNING! Stay away from Megabuy. No refunds and no customer service. Worst experience ever!!

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Total failure to sell products online.

Account set up and item paid for in full but they refused to sent the product without verifying a tiny refund done to my account which takes days. No time!

Avoid at all costs.

Absolutely abysmal service. These guys are straight up thieves. Ordered a PC from the Megabuy website and what was delivered had the wrong processor, drives, and was completely missing the graphics card as advertised.

After hours of back and forward explaining the issue over email with great difficulty, I was told to lodge a returns claim. Days later I have heard nothing back even after following up via email.

A paypal dispute has been launched but I have no hope that this will be resolved satisfactorily. And now I am going without the PC I needed as it's in a box on the floor.

Do not go anywhere near this business, you will be robbed blind.