Megabuy

Megabuy (page 2 of 15)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (7) · No (55)

Avoid at all costs.

Absolutely abysmal service. These guys are straight up thieves. Ordered a PC from the Megabuy website and what was delivered had the wrong processor, drives, and was completely missing the graphics card as advertised.

After hours of back and forward explaining the issue over email with great difficulty, I was told to lodge a returns claim. Days later I have heard nothing back even after following up via email.

A paypal dispute has been launched but I have no hope that this will be resolved satisfactorily. And now I am going without the PC I needed as it's in a box on the floor.

Do not go anywhere near this business, you will be robbed blind.

Buyer beware

Megabuy may without warning refuse your order if you use PayPal or a credit card, and instead will try to talk you into re-paying with a bank transfer ensuring that you have no buyer protection.

Not Happy

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Go somewhere else.

Purchased an in stock item from them recently, paid for item, then 5 days later they decided the price had gone up. Purchased a laptop from them a while back that arrived with a broken key, they were totally unhelpful and rude.

Richard

RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick Shipping and Good Tracking

Since moving address, I have used the online a couple of times. Good service, price and speed of postage. The experience was relatively painless. So far, no issues. Would use again

Advertised monitor was not correct

I purchased a monitor which advertised that it had a HDMI port. I did receive the monitor quickly (within 3 days) but it did not have the HDMI port. I had to pay for the courier to return the monitor (was reimbursed 3 weeks later) then I had to wait over a week for a replacement because it took them that long for the warehouse to check the monitor I returned, which would only take 5 minutes to confirm there was no HDMI port.

IT D

IT DSydney, NSW

Asked if they had stock, the price magically goes up $50

I email the contact address asking if they have stock for the Logitech Brio 4K Ultra HD webcam with RightLightT 3, they confirm they do. I proceed to checkout and the price of the webcam goes up $50.

I email support, he says "I won't be able to offer the old price, the item has be restocked from a different distributor with a different price, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused"

This all happened within 30 minutes. Girl, just say you're greedy and go!!! Giving me such awful excuses like I'm a child. GOODBYE

0/10 - Wouldn't recommend

Prompt Response - Needs More Detail on Listing

The store was easy to navigate, but the listing for the item I bought was ambiguous regarding the Model Number being offered. Staff I contacted responded promptly but were not able to easily resolve my query to clear up the ambiguity. I finally got some reassurance from the staff after exchanging some emails, and the correct product arrived.
The range of products is very good.
The quality of the product was exactly as expected.

R Butler

R ButlerIllawarra, NSW

Very easy and efficient

Very happy with the products - genuine Brother products, that were easy to find. They were efficiently delivered within 3 working days to a NSW regional centre, not a capital city.

Andii S.

Andii S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very bad service

I ordered a modem on the 29 th April and have still not received my order have sent 4 email and there is no tracking for the order and still waiting for a clear reason and answer.

Rud

RudPerth

How can an online retailer be so bad

Pros: the MEGABUY order and payment process was very good, but they did not have the item in stock. Is it right to sell and take payment for something you don’t have?
Cons: MEGABUY took weeks to realise they didn’t have stock, and only after being prompted. Cancelled order, but MEGABUY did not refund payment. Ended up buying from another online retailer and had it delivered the next day.

Kevin M

Kevin MSydney Surrounds, NSW

When 'In Stock' doesn't mean In stock.

Punt paid off

Needed another computer to use at home, had not purchased a refurbished computer before. Ended up buying a HP Elitebook 9480m i7 refurbished laptop about a month or so ago. It is in very good condition, everything is working well, apart from a few light external surface scratches it appears almost new.

MicMac

MicMacCanberra 2600, ACT

Good range of products at a good price

I found it easy to navigate the online store which had a lot of products I was interested in.
I was very satisfied with the quality of the products I purchased and the shipping was very fast.

Matt H.

Matt H.Sydney, NSW

Awful comms. Refused to fill or refund my order. Forced me to do Chargeback via my bank.

Tried calling and emailing to get confirmation of my order. Finally after a few days got a response to tell me they wouldn’t fill my order and I need to request refund on my credit card via my bank. Very dodgy. Somehow they blamed me for them processing the payment and taking money off my credit card but then refused to refund the payment. Would not recommend.

Suresh

SureshCentral West, QLD

The purchase and delivery went smoothly

The purchase and delivery went smoothly, but an enquiry as to its availability lead to an answer that turned out to be not true. When I called to find out if the product was in stock, the answer was "no" but the product was shipped on the same day.

Douglas

DouglasSydney, NSW

As expected

Found what I was looking for at a reasonable price
purchased
delivered - site told me when order was accepted, packaged, expected deliver (with expected timeframe).
Order came, it was well packaged and works as it should.

Linh

LinhMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good but ...

HP USB-C Mini Dock advertised as having all the required ports and Pass-Through Charging but when charging cable is inserted, all ports become inactive, i.e. usb mouse/keyboard become non-operable and monitor is auto switched off.

Andrew K

Andrew KSydney, NSW

Great price, easy to order, delivered on time as promised

The HP Z27N monitor I purchased is great quality and was exactly as described on the website. Easy to set up and was productive within minutes. Did my research and monitor is performing exactly as I was expecting. Highly recommended it. Found it very easy to find and order the monitor I purchased. I also found the staff extremely friendly and informative when I checked details about the product and delivery timelines before I placed the online order.

Printer purchase

It was easy enough to navigate. The product I selected was exactly what I wanted as a replacement. The price was better than anywhere else that I looked at on line or in store.

Check emails

l check all emails, and buy things if l need them. I've been with Megabuy for over 8 years.The prices of the refurbished items is competitive. My last purchase was a Seagate 1 TB storage disc which arrived after only 3 days.