Megabuy

• Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (23)

Megabuy is a scam website

I did a Google Search to buy a WD My Book 10TB Hard Drive to match the one I already own. I got several results with Megabuy the lowest cost so I bought the product. I did not realise the Megabuy website had defaulted to a similar but different product. WD Elements 10TB Hard Drive. I received the product, realized it was not what I thought I had bought and contacted Megabuy. They will give me a refund after deducting a 25% restock cost. This is a ripoff. I am not the first person to get caught by this website defaulting to a different product and counting on the customer not to notice the difference. I think Megabuy is deliberately practicing misleading and deceptive conduct. I want to return the product for a full refund.

Caveat - Buyer beware

Rural Resident

Rural ResidentNorthern Region, NSW

No delivery to PO Box but will take your order

Checked in their Shipping & Returns page whether a PO Box is Ok. No mention of PO Boxes. Ordered my item entering a PO Box. Accepted the order, which will be rejected at some time in the future.
I live in a rural area where ALL mail goes to the local Post Office, who receive parcels up to 100's of kilos from a range of couriers for the community.

madmat

madmatAU

Nothing but lies

Simon Wells

Simon WellsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with stock being filtered as instock but is dropped shipped from supplier taking way to long to arrive

I used the website to find a power supply that would suit my build I used the sites inbuilt "instock" filter and found a suitable item, ordered on Monday, I am only 40min drive away... It is now late Friday and still no item..... The carrier does not know where the item is and Megabuy has not been extremely helpful at all.... Item ordered and paid for on Monday, apparently was not shipped until Wednesday and will now maybe turn up next week sometime website states 3 days delivery. Megabuy does not include the "processing" time in this 3 days..... So be aware if you order...

Unfortunately I have no confidence the item will actually turn up..

Product PurchasedPower supply
Vinh N.

Vinh N.Victoria

shocking after sale service

bought a Zebra 2D scanner from these people and within 2 weeks it stopped functioning properly. Zebra referred me back to Megabuy with the issue and all it is, is Zebra want me to try replacing the cable that connects the scanner to the PC. 3 weeks after contacting Megabuy with the problem, they kept asking ridiculous questions and no cable to be seen. The sort of questions they ask: Did the cable come with the scanner? What sort of cable was it? this product came from them and they don't know if the cable came with it or what sort of cable it was.. I will never ever buy anything from these people again.

Lou

LouBrisbane

Happy to take your money then just keep putting you off about delivery of goods.

Rang Megabuy and was assured that they had stock (4) of the photo scanner I wanted to buy, so ordered and paid for it....eight weeks later and many emails promising the world....NEVER GOT IT!
Nice admin staff that regularly respond to your emails, but the content is placating and never honest.
Will never order from this company again!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedOnline store...no choice to personally shop for goods.
Lee

LeeSydney, NSW

No Refund and The Worst Customer Service

Purchased powerboards through the oneline store and they sent me the incorrect ones. I asked for a return and they flatly denied. They said the product may vary from image and is exactly what I ordered. It was absolutely not what I ordered and then they quickly deleted the image. This is how they make their money by stealing from people. Be aware of this company as I have noticed on other websites they do this regularly.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Total failure to sell products online.

Account set up and item paid for in full but they refused to sent the product without verifying a tiny refund done to my account which takes days. No time!

Avoid at all costs.

Absolutely abysmal service. These guys are straight up thieves. Ordered a PC from the Megabuy website and what was delivered had the wrong processor, drives, and was completely missing the graphics card as advertised.

After hours of back and forward explaining the issue over email with great difficulty, I was told to lodge a returns claim. Days later I have heard nothing back even after following up via email.

A paypal dispute has been launched but I have no hope that this will be resolved satisfactorily. And now I am going without the PC I needed as it's in a box on the floor.

Do not go anywhere near this business, you will be robbed blind.

Not Happy

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Go somewhere else.

Purchased an in stock item from them recently, paid for item, then 5 days later they decided the price had gone up. Purchased a laptop from them a while back that arrived with a broken key, they were totally unhelpful and rude.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Advertised monitor was not correct

I purchased a monitor which advertised that it had a HDMI port. I did receive the monitor quickly (within 3 days) but it did not have the HDMI port. I had to pay for the courier to return the monitor (was reimbursed 3 weeks later) then I had to wait over a week for a replacement because it took them that long for the warehouse to check the monitor I returned, which would only take 5 minutes to confirm there was no HDMI port.

IT D

IT DSydney, NSW

Asked if they had stock, the price magically goes up $50

I email the contact address asking if they have stock for the Logitech Brio 4K Ultra HD webcam with RightLightT 3, they confirm they do. I proceed to checkout and the price of the webcam goes up $50.

I email support, he says "I won't be able to offer the old price, the item has be restocked from a different distributor with a different price, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused"

This all happened within 30 minutes. Girl, just say you're greedy and go!!! Giving me such awful excuses like I'm a child. GOODBYE

0/10 - Wouldn't recommend

Andii S.

Andii S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very bad service

I ordered a modem on the 29 th April and have still not received my order have sent 4 email and there is no tracking for the order and still waiting for a clear reason and answer.

Kevin M

Kevin MSydney Surrounds, NSW

When 'In Stock' doesn't mean In stock.

Matt H.

Matt H.Sydney, NSW

Awful comms. Refused to fill or refund my order. Forced me to do Chargeback via my bank.

Tried calling and emailing to get confirmation of my order. Finally after a few days got a response to tell me they wouldn’t fill my order and I need to request refund on my credit card via my bank. Very dodgy. Somehow they blamed me for them processing the payment and taking money off my credit card but then refused to refund the payment. Would not recommend.

Phil M.

Phil M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim to have stock but dont then increase the price

Ordere 2 camera mounting brackets as they showed on there store they had the product in stock at a reasonable price as I had time constraints to install for my client. Received that my ordered was processed, funds were taken, then a week later (after I should have already had the product in my hand according to there processing emails) received an email stating in fact they did not have the stock and wanted to almost double the price. Terrible service and dishonest website stock availability. Very disappointed. Supplied my concerns to the customer service rep and was told nothing could be done and refund was processed.

Ryan

RyanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hopeless - out of stock, took almost 2 months to get a refund

Hopeless company to deal with.

I had to chase, and chase, and chase to get updates. Kept getting promises of "1-2 weeks". After 6 weeks I gave up, and it took several more weeks to finally get my refund.

greg

greg

Price rise and full refund not returned - Would give zero stars if possible

Ordered & paid for an item on Tuesday.
Was told 2 days later price went up day I purchased?!
Told store to honour original price - no.
Almost 2 weeks later still no full refund.

David V.

David V.Perth, WA

Shipment is slower than turtles

If you would like to buy a cheap product and wait a month for it Begabuy is your store. They wouldn't update the order status for 2 weeks. The 3th week they would ship your product. If you are in WA it would take another 10 days until you receive the product you will keep calling them everyday. Ask yourself does it worth it just to save $40? I don't think so. Never again.

Product PurchasedUbiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro