Megabuy

2.0

• Return Claim MadeYes (10) · No
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (5) · No (4)

Megabuy is a scam website

I did a Google Search to buy a WD My Book 10TB Hard Drive to match the one I already own. I got several results with Megabuy the lowest cost so I bought the product. I did not realise the Megabuy website had defaulted to a similar but different product. WD Elements 10TB Hard Drive. I received the product, realized it was not what I thought I had bought and contacted Megabuy. They will give me a refund after deducting a 25% restock cost. This is a ripoff. I am not the first person to get caught by this website defaulting to a different product and counting on the customer not to notice the difference. I think Megabuy is deliberately practicing misleading and deceptive conduct. I want to return the product for a full refund.

Vinh N.

Vinh N.Victoria

shocking after sale service

bought a Zebra 2D scanner from these people and within 2 weeks it stopped functioning properly. Zebra referred me back to Megabuy with the issue and all it is, is Zebra want me to try replacing the cable that connects the scanner to the PC. 3 weeks after contacting Megabuy with the problem, they kept asking ridiculous questions and no cable to be seen. The sort of questions they ask: Did the cable come with the scanner? What sort of cable was it? this product came from them and they don't know if the cable came with it or what sort of cable it was.. I will never ever buy anything from these people again.

Peter M

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Megabuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Maarten v.

Maarten v.South East Queensland, QLD

WARNING! Stay away from Megabuy. No refunds and no customer service. Worst experience ever!!

Avoid at all costs.

Absolutely abysmal service. These guys are straight up thieves. Ordered a PC from the Megabuy website and what was delivered had the wrong processor, drives, and was completely missing the graphics card as advertised.

After hours of back and forward explaining the issue over email with great difficulty, I was told to lodge a returns claim. Days later I have heard nothing back even after following up via email.

A paypal dispute has been launched but I have no hope that this will be resolved satisfactorily. And now I am going without the PC I needed as it's in a box on the floor.

Do not go anywhere near this business, you will be robbed blind.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Advertised monitor was not correct

I purchased a monitor which advertised that it had a HDMI port. I did receive the monitor quickly (within 3 days) but it did not have the HDMI port. I had to pay for the courier to return the monitor (was reimbursed 3 weeks later) then I had to wait over a week for a replacement because it took them that long for the warehouse to check the monitor I returned, which would only take 5 minutes to confirm there was no HDMI port.

We don't take returns

10x easier to walk into umart if I have any issues. Wouldn't recommend unless you are happy to deal with the drama when things go wrong.

Prices are good and the staff say all the right things however they do not follow through with resolving issues. The staff are nice and friendly but ultimately following through with promises is where it matters.

Their choice of Courier is random so you get radical variation from item depending on warehouse.

If you need to do a return they are happy to leave you to fend for yourself while dealing with offshore support that only responds to emails once a week to progress your return.

Terrible returns process

Purchased RAM which arrived faulty, so I then began the return process from hell. Five weeks of trying to get a refund, via multiple unanswered emails and phone calls, I had to result in submitting evidence to PayPal and having them successfully return my funds.

So word to the wise, should you use this company, pay with PayPal, else you'll have more luck getting blood out of a stone should a part be faulty.

Nino

NinoSouth East Queensland, QLD

>8 Weeks to resolve a DOA Hard Drive. Avoid at all costs!

Product PurchasedSeagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Megabuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Skirting legal obligations

Purchased a set of desktop RAM. Within 6 months one of the sticks had died. Megabuy originally quoted 6 weeks for warranty return, and only for replacement rather than refund.