Megabuy

Megabuy (page 4 of 11)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (23)

MegaBuy should be avoided

gwilsonc

gwilsonc

Fictional stock figures (they don't have stock) and onerous "id verification process"

Reconsider using megabuy

Gaz

GazMelbourne

Better retailers elsewhere

Be careful with what you buy as a mistake in understanding a products complexity may end up costing you an arm n leg. This was my experience and i wont buy from them again.

Steven

StevenMelbourne

Deceitful/Frustrating business practices

Made a $700 order to replace parts of my computer. Website gives different methods to pay with no mention that if you select any method which is not a bank transfer they will withhold your order until you respond from a paid or work email account. I understand the steps necessary for an online retailer to protect themselves from fraud, pity MegaBuy don't understand how important full disclosure is to the customer. Best part? Cant even cancel the order 'till i go back to work next week.

Don't buy their refurbished products

Bought a refurbished MacBook Air. Waited over 2 weeks. They ended up sending me a unit that had scratches to the top and bottom casing and also the screen. The letters had worn of a couple of the keys. This was for a little girl who had saved up all her money for this and it damn near broke her heart. Refurbished my eye! Second hand and poorly treated would have been a better description. I got a 'sorry, send it back and we will take a look'. How about taking a look before you sent it? No one there gives a hoot.

Mega delay

Contacted megabuy by phone to confirm stock availability, placed order 5 mins later online. Money charged to credit card immediately, rang following day to confirm dispatch, assured an email confirming tracking number. Two business days later laptop still not dispatch No response or attempt to amend the situation. Cancelled order and buying elsewhere. So much for trying to support QLD business.

Took money didn't have stock - didn't care.

ordered from them as they were only supplier saying they had in stock. the took money and didn't advise they didn't have it. when nothing arrived i chased them and they said oh yeah we dont have it.. stay way,

Worst returns system

Bought a PC from here for a valued client, when it arrived it was a 2nd hand PC, called and they had said they forgot to update website and mark it as re-furbished. Then to return it and order a new one for client I was made to email through and wait for a response (phone team can't handle returns). So now I have my client waiting and my cashflow out. Thanks Megabuy! I would give a 0 star if possible.

Find out how Megabuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Don't waste your time-avoid this mob

I bought a reconditioned mac which was configured improperly and didn't have any wi-fi capacity.
I contacted them and they said I couldn't talk to anybody because "they don't have a phone in the warehouse".
Sent me an e-mail return procedure which was accepted and had no reply regarding credit card credit.
Had to re-email them to get any info, still waiting for a reply.
Ranks as a amateur mob as far as I can see. Spent five hours on this boggy purchase.
Won't ever use them again.

Terrible

To stop people like this we must report them to ACCC, The criminal mastermind behind this is "[Name Removed]" doing YE OLDE "say we have stock then buy from dropshipper"... so frustrating and to think i was helping a real brick and mortar store in brisbane.... nope just a fake dropshipping store that lie about stock levels and lie about shipping times to steal the sale!

Bonnie_750

Bonnie_750

Difficult warranty process ...buyer beware.

Terrible service

StevetenHaveSydney, NSW

Not worth the cheap price when things go wrong - Stay Away

StevetenHave

Do not buy from this store

Josh26

Josh26Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

unsatisfactory

Bought a RAID system for data storage. Spent $1200 and after 3 years it just died. I rang and they shrugged their shoulders and offered zero help. Won't buy anything here again

Hobohome

HobohomeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Extremely poor service - packaging is just a joke - never again

I ordered a WD RED drive for my NAS from MegaBuy. It arrived 10 days later packaged in a courier envelope that I could feel the metal of the drive through! Western Digital say on their website "Any drives returned to us in an envelope will immediacy render all warrantys void" - clearly WD don't think this is acceptable!
I emailed and phoned about the issue - their response was "That's how we always package them" and "We will get back to you sometime this week". This is just not good enough. Never again!

Absolutely terrible customer service. Huge delays. Product didn't work. Refused a refund. Replacemen

Returned an item that didn't work. Took 3 weeks for them to acknowledge the return. Fluffed around for a further 2 months, then refused me a refund (that they said they'd give me) & said they'd ent me a replacement. A further 2 weeks later it still hasn't arrived. This is over 3 months after I returned it for a refund!!! These guys are ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. Don't buy from them. They are terrible!!!!!!!!

MEGABUY DOESNT MEASURE UP IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Bought and paid for a new apple computer one week ago. Take your money straight away and then still waiting one week later for delivery when I received an email on the Monday to say it would be delivered within 3 days. Seems like they are not a great business to buy from. Not good enough when you can deal with other companies and you have received your products within two days of placing an order. Order placed last Thursday am still waiting the following week Friday pm and not likely to come this week.

ANDREW

ANDREWadeaide

terrible

Took my money and did not Receive any item it has been 3 months now DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE !