Melbourne City Baths

See the Best Fitness & Leisure Centres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cold, rude and racist receptionist

I want the whole world to know about your disgusting and potentially racist customer service. At 5pm today, 8/6/2019, I walked to the reception desk to register for a swimming class. The receptionist (I didn’t know her name but I’m sure you can look it up in your roster) was cold, arrogant and rude to me. Maybe she had a bad day, or maybe she had that kind of attitude - but she basically couldn’t care less to explain anything to me. She gave me two forms and told me to fill them, and literally just threw the membership card in front of me. No smile, no thank-you, no customer service skill at all. BUT she sang to the music and happily greeted another Caucasian customer. Congratulations Melbourne you’re such a multicultural city.

Personal training and lovely staff

Value for money and friendly staff. The building has a lot of history and it is one of the best value for money in CBD. The equipment is clean and the staff are the best. Combined workout sessions are the best.

Great

Great staff , made me feel welcome and answered all my questions. They did not rush me along, they made me feel like I was important and ensured that my problem was solved.

Really friendly and helpful staff.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Not only that but the patrons were also friendly and i was immediately invited to coffee after a swim. I think it depends on the time of swimming.. this was later morning whereas i have had to give up because my only free time changed to before or after work when other patons expect u to swim fast even in the slow lane.that said i wish i could still go mid morning as the water temperature was consistently pleasant, staff friendly, pool clean and it was a thoroughly enjoyable place to be.

Really dirty changerooms

Nice old building but really dirty changerooms. Filthy showers that smell like urine. It's so gross I had to go home to shower. Never again!

Beware Of Lane Rage.

Other lap swimmers can be rude. I have witnessed some arguments between other swimmers and I was subjected to abuse both verbal and physical and this was after I apologised after making a mistake. Have not found this anywhere else. No longer swim here due to the lane rage.

Poor hydrotherapy pool hygience

Lack of shower area for patrons to shower before entering the pool. Temperature is ridiculously cold. Water quality contains ants, dead skins and tree leaves. No drinking fountains in the centre. Terrible experience.

It's alright

Friendly staff but sometimes you will meet disrespectful swimmers. They sometimes complain about the speed and capability of your swimming, even though you are already in the "slow" lane.

Melbourne bathhouse horrible experience. Avoid vouchers for 'day spa bath house' as they are a rip o

Horrible experience. NOT worth $49 I paid on a voucher.

-they claim to have won service excellence awards however after contacting the awarding body they have NoT won any such awards. False advertising. They have changed their name from "smooth day spa" to "Melbourne bathhouse" I suspect because of their awful reviews.there is no relaxation here with a dirty environment and lots of traffic tram and construction noise. I've been to many spas in Melbourne and all over the world and this is by far the worst in Melbourne. How are they still in business?

- body exfoliation - here means standing naked freezing cold as she sprays you with cold vinegar from a spray bottle that looks like the ones at a chip shop, then brushes you for no more than 1-2 minutes with an old bristle brush.

-the bath - is uncomfortable with no head rest and it has a automatic emptying system that means the water level never gets higher than about 20cm deep.

-the facial - here lasts around 6-7 minutes and means - sitting the wrong way on a mobile massage chair (really uncomfortable and hurt my back) the woman coming in with a pre soaked cotton wool wipe with vinegar on it as the "cleanser" which she wipes on your face, then leaves to get a tiny plastic shot glass of a stinky liquid she calls "facial herbal tonic tea oil" that she then wipes on your face. Then lastly she rubs on coconut oil as moisturizer. That's the end. Overwhelmingly rubbish.

- the "2 hour package" lasted less than 1 hour which included 40 minutes of me trying to stay as long as I could in the shallow uncomfortable bath. Total rip off!

-when I asked for a refund she said "yes I felt your negative energy when you walked in" and then told me to try and get a refund from cudo customer service saying they wouldn't give me one as she had already services my voucher. I then contacted cudo and they would not refund because even though the experience was not what I brought, the voucher was used. Horrible experience.

still no refund
leaving
dirty, 1/2 what voucher offered, rubbish service, unpleasant noisy environment, expensive parking, no refund

Terrible

Give Melbourne City Baths a miss and go to RMIT Union Fitness (around corner) for better gym equipment and much cheaper.
Hard to think of but I guess it is clean.
Poor membership packages and joining fee is rip off.
Cheesy sales pitch and will not give prices over phone as they want to get you in for the hard sales pitch. Be careful!