Melbourne City Baths

Melbourne City Baths

See the Best Fitness & Leisure Centres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Trinh L.

Trinh L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cold, rude and racist receptionist

I want the whole world to know about your disgusting and potentially racist customer service. At 5pm today, 8/6/2019, I walked to the reception desk to register for a swimming class. The receptionist (I didn’t know her name but I’m sure you can look it up in your roster) was cold, arrogant and rude to me. Maybe she had a bad day, or maybe she had that kind of attitude - but she basically couldn’t care less to explain anything to me. She gave me two forms and told me to fill them, and literally just threw the membership card in front of me. No smile, no thank-you, no customer service skill at all. BUT she sang to the music and happily greeted another Caucasian customer. Congratulations Melbourne you’re such a multicultural city.

Personal training and lovely staff

Value for money and friendly staff. The building has a lot of history and it is one of the best value for money in CBD. The equipment is clean and the staff are the best. Combined workout sessions are the best.

bowdcha

bowdchaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great

Great staff , made me feel welcome and answered all my questions. They did not rush me along, they made me feel like I was important and ensured that my problem was solved.

Really friendly and helpful staff.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Not only that but the patrons were also friendly and i was immediately invited to coffee after a swim. I think it depends on the time of swimming.. this was later morning whereas i have had to give up because my only free time changed to before or after work when other patons expect u to swim fast even in the slow lane.that said i wish i could still go mid morning as the water temperature was consistently pleasant, staff friendly, pool clean and it was a thoroughly enjoyable place to be.

Really dirty changerooms

Nice old building but really dirty changerooms. Filthy showers that smell like urine. It's so gross I had to go home to shower. Never again!

smith27

smith27North-West & West coast, TAS

Beware Of Lane Rage.

Other lap swimmers can be rude. I have witnessed some arguments between other swimmers and I was subjected to abuse both verbal and physical and this was after I apologised after making a mistake. Have not found this anywhere else. No longer swim here due to the lane rage.

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor hydrotherapy pool hygience

Lack of shower area for patrons to shower before entering the pool. Temperature is ridiculously cold. Water quality contains ants, dead skins and tree leaves. No drinking fountains in the centre. Terrible experience.

It's alright

Friendly staff but sometimes you will meet disrespectful swimmers. They sometimes complain about the speed and capability of your swimming, even though you are already in the "slow" lane.

Melbourneproff

MelbourneproffAU

Melbourne bathhouse horrible experience. Avoid vouchers for 'day spa bath house' as they are a rip o

Shane

Shane

Terrible

Give Melbourne City Baths a miss and go to RMIT Union Fitness (around corner) for better gym equipment and much cheaper.
Hard to think of but I guess it is clean.
Poor membership packages and joining fee is rip off.
Cheesy sales pitch and will not give prices over phone as they want to get you in for the hard sales pitch. Be careful!