Menai Blinds

Menai Blinds

Brand Manager for Menai Blinds? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4

A bunch of absolute crooks

Hope My Deposit Fed Your Dogs In Office - Not You!

My order started May 2015. Over 50 phone calls, messages and lies it's now February 2016 and NO order finalised. Refund of deposit was agreed on with employee in office. Still waiting..
    If more focus was spent on customer service instead of the distraction of two large dogs in the office by the sales assistant, this company may have stood a chance.
    I have lodged a complaint with Fair Trading. I am one of many who have lost my hardworking money to this company. Class Action?
    What Menai Blinds have done has created a trust issue with other small businesses within the industry.
    On behalf of everyone who have been left cheated by your lack of business ethics we can only hope you never apply for another ABN.

Greg P
    Greg PSydney, NSW

Beware of Menai Blinds

Just 4 weeks ago [name removed] came out to site measure, took a $254.00 deposit, and said install would be in 2-3 weeks. We now cannot reach him or the factory. [name removed] you knew when you came here there was no way you could supply us, yet you still took our money. [name removed] even left his tablet at our house, my wife called his mobile and even drove out to him to return it. This is how he repaid us, can't reach him or the factory, the factory is closed if you go there. [name removed], I hope you read this, your father built that company up from nothing over 25 years ago. I'm sure he would turn in his grave if he knew what you have done to it now. Thanks for nothing mate.

Lauraine
    LauraineSydney

Sick of liars who get away with it!!!!

I'm now $700 out of pocket and have contracted a new company for my blinds and fly screens after going through all of summer without any.
    I have lodged a complaint with Department of Fair Trading who where already aware of what was happening as they have received a numerous amount of complaints.
    I hope I can get my money back but won't hold my breath.

Menai Blinds is in Liquidation

After months of unanswered phone calls, etc. found out 2 weeks ago Menai blinds is in liquidation!!! Stuck with a half job.

Wish I had read the reviews!!

I am regretting not reading reviews prior to engaging with Menai Blinds. The only reason we engaged with them was our neighbours had a great experience a couple of years ago. We paid them a deposit in October and every time I call was given the run around by [name removed] the salesman and various other people. Was then told they would be ready before Christmas, then after Christmas then found out they were having financial issues with suppliers. I have been in contact with the Department of Fair Trading who are also investigating. They have also suggested contacting NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).

Have now ordered through Accent Blinds and they've been awesome!!

Liars company

We should discuss together how to get our deposit back, and this company owners and managers should be punished for fraud. This is company sucks. I went there two weeks ago. They just lied to me that everything is ok except a little delay.

Trish G
    Trish GSydney, NSW

Same story here - all those liars

I paid a deposit also and made numerous calls and visits to the business site only to be fed numerous liars when they knew very well they were never going to fulfill their orders. They have ceased trading now and shut up shop. I am sending a complaint to fair trading but not sure what it will do when they are obviously broke.

Drew
    DrewSydney, NSW

1 star is too good a rating

Do not deal with this company!!

After a week of leaving messages, I finally got hold of someone, only to find they're in financial trouble.

I can't believe the owner came to my place a month ago, took a deposit, full well knowing the problems he was having.

I just wanted to give a local company a go. How disgusting.

The lies continue

sasssy
    sasssySydney

Wish I had have read reviews before paying deposit

Same story as so many others. Placed order back in Oct last year. Initially told it would be 3 weeks which changed to 'just after Christmas.' No huge hurry so I waited over 3 months before calling. Was told they had trouble with supplier but he'd get back to me in half an hour. 5 days and 4 phone messages later I am still waiting. Based on previous comments I think I'll go to them and request a refund.

Absolute worst!

They are liars. We bought the blinds and paid a deposit. The promised install time passed and they said that there was a delay with getting the fabric. Weeks later, still no blinds. Finally they booked in an installation date, but didn't show up. Then they didn't show up to another installation date that they arranged. After staying home twice only for them not to come we went to the store for a refund. They admitted that they hadn't even bought the fabric yet!

They take your money and don't deliver any product.

bolman
    bolmanNSW, 2234

Wow - avoid this pack of liers

Lie after lie after lie. Three months after full payment and a promise to install that week. They continue to provide changing stories and different excuses - still no installation.

I could ask for my money back but I am genuinely curious as to how far this pack of liars will go - seriously guys, at least if you are going to lie to your customers - get your stories straight.

Avoid at all costs!

Rashnal
    RashnalNarangba

Good

Bought few awnings from meaning blinds 5 years ago, some venetians, they still work beautifully, the workmanship, design, and quality brackets made all the difference. Very happy. Highly recommended .

Buy elsewhere !!