Mental Health Academy Questions & Answers

Verifiedmentalhealthacademy.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Len
Len

Hi, I am a GP and I see a lot of patients requiring initial counselling in my practice. Are your courses recognised by RACGP for CPD? Thanks.

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Len, thanks for reaching out. Presently MHA courses are not officially recognised by RACGP, but you may still be able to accrue CPD upon providing CPD Certificates. Our suggestion is to contact RACGP directly to clarify this, as they have recently changed their CPD policies, and some of them don't apply until 2024. All the best!

Renee Calm

Hi, I've virtually attended your Suicide Prevention Summits before and they've been quite insightful and educational. I'm hoping to sign up for the upcoming Summit in March and I'm wondering if the CEU's for attending (the continuing education - post grad/licensure credits) apply in the states? I'm licensed in Washington (State, not DC) and Massachusetts and I'm hoping to apply my attendance credits to my continuing ed requirements. Thanks for any info on that!

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Renee, thanks for reaching out. Mental Health Academy has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6535, in the United States. Nearly all states in the USA accept NBCC Approved CE; but we suggest checking the current CE requirements in the states you wish to accrue CE credits with, to confirm (as this can change from time to time). If you have any further questions or need support, email us on help@mentalhealthacademy.net - thank you.

Thank you!

Ursula
Ursula

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhan

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Steph

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: external link

Kate
Kate

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.

If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

Mental Health Academy   DM

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Mental Health Academy is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more