Mental Health Academy Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

4 questions from our users

Ursula
Ursulaasked

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate
Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives