Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 2 of 25)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

2020 suicide prevention summit

All the presentations were very informative. The webinar was excellent in topic and content. Thank you for the wonderful insights the summit has given into the subject of suicide prevention

Very useful information

Found all information incredibly useful, however, the focus of the summit was supposed to be mental health and suicide prevention. One presenter discussed how white settlement affects the indigenous population, which we are very well aware of. We need to know how they are affected, not the in's and out's of why, it is well known, taught in all levels of schooling and as mental health practitioners, we have this knowledge already, I support the moves made to be had for indigenous Australians however, this was not the platform for reconciliation talks.

Great Event

Thank you to everyone involved in putting this together. The presenters were all great. I especially appreciated that presenters drew from their own lived experience and that of their clients.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Very professional with lots of good research and resources discussed

This was the first time I've taken part in the summit. I was pleased with all the professional information and the experience of professionals in this area from a range of areas.

Trish

TrishTasmania

Suicide Summit Webinar

I really enjoyed the two day webinar, especially day one with very like minded people. It has inspired me to look at starting up a peer support group in the future here in Tasmania.

Well done!

Powerful and Pertinent Presentations During 2020 Pandemic

Each presentation was quite informative and exhaustive. The webinar was fantastic! I I was elated to watch it! I am also grateful for the opportunity to witness such an event.

Well done

I watched all the presentations and feel the topic was very well covered. I found the presentation about male distress and suicide insightful. Thank you very much for putting the summit together.

Lea

LeaSydney, NSW

A Wealth of Knowledge Shared

Very well put together and great key note speakers.
I gained valuable knowledge and feel more confident to have mental health conversations with my clients. The sending of the sessions with slides was an added benefit.

Lily

LilySydney, NSW

Can we do it again?

The presenters were very professional and each area was very relevant.
Well put together. Excellent information.
Great to have an extended period to watch them again.
Definitely need to have more on Suicide Prevention.

Fee

FeeSydney, NSW

Good information

The variety of topics on targeted groups was good. Thanks to all presenters who were very knowledgeable on the subjects they spoke about. The delayed and extended period to watch videos has really helped me so I can view all. Cheers

I Gained a Wealth of Knowledge from this Summit

Learning Material

Many things to think about

Paul

PaulGoldfields, WA

A great learning and recap

I was very satisfied with the content of the Webinar. I found the presenters to be knowledgeable and skilled at passing along that knowledge. I have increased my resources considerably through the discussions in question time and found that section of the seminars to be essential.

Cenz

CenzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good information

The course content was engaging and informative, as a social work student it reinforced our current learning focusing on current mental health status in society with Isolation/Covid19 etc and intervention

Paula

PaulaSouth East Queensland, QLD

As a student I have learnt so much from this webinar!

As a student for this industry I found all the speakers knowledgable and provided me with a wide range of information surrounding the topic of suicide. I loved learning from this webinar and would recommend it to any of my peers!

Marie

MarieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

relevant information

The presenters did a fabulous job. my favorite covid 10 - 7 Cs,psychological health and safety in suicide prevention in workplace. I really related to this one. preventing suicide in trans gender was a help in my work with patients.

Pauline

PaulineHobart, TAS

Good Information from Diverse Sources

I watched as many of the talks as I could. It will take me a while to absorb the information, but being able to download the slides will help (thank you). I don't think the information was difficult, just a lot to process immediately. I especially enjoyed the last session (CAMS). Thank you.

Yuka

YukaSydney, NSW

Very informative

It was a good quiet time with the Covid restrictions to attend this summit. Also as we are at a time where our services can make a material difference, I felt that the information all the speakers shared with us were very relevant, current and helpful. I'd like to thank each and one of the speakers for generously sharing their insight and expertise with the audience, and thank you for MHA and Pedro to organise this great event!

PenMarie

PenMarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, not-to-be missed summit

What a privilege to benefit from the experience and insights of these high-level mental health professionals and speakers in such a professional finely honed format. It presented a treasure trove of information and resources which I will be referring to consistently in my own practice over time to come. Thank you to the Mental Health Academy and Pedro Gondim for this outstanding learning experience

Susan B

Susan BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent, well presented weekend event...

The course content was well thought out with diverse and informative content. Each guest speaker was interesting and offered information and perspective that will support my practice Into the future.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives