Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Brooks.... N.
Brooks.... N.Hunter Region, NSW

Where else?

Where else could we collectively amass such an amazing team of people, a broad base of knowledge, a bridge of hearts, a soul purpose and a price affordable to all.

Zane
ZaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome summit!

This summit was really well organized and presented. Thank you to the team and the presenters. The topics were great and to have the ability to watch again is awesome as there is a lot of information to get through.
Well worth it, praise to everyone involved. Thank you!

Vicki
VickiCentral Queensland, QLD

Quality Presenters. Opportunity for further learning from Q&A and discussion board.

I was very satisfied with the content encompassing research, peer papers, lived experience and fluency of presentation. Presentations and program were well thought out creating fluidity. Easy to follow..... Q & A was informative and relevant to those of us working in the sector. The course reinforced to always be mindful of languages, except when treating a person experiencing thoughts of suicide.

I’ll be watching out for more of these!

The speakers were knowledgeable and interesting. I attended the first session of each day and the material will inform my clinical practice ongoing. I look forward to hearing the rest.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Suicide Prevention Summit

Kez
Kez

Suicide Prevention Summit

The Summit was able to bring together a cross section of presenters with different areas of expertise, knowledge and "hands on" experience.
Living with someone who suffers from mental illness, and has made two attempts at suicide in the past provided even greater insight into the subtle triggers for intervention.
Fantastic to be able to experience this online, and benefit from re-visiting the presentations at a later time.
Just reading other participants posts was valuable. Well done everyone.

Lynne
LynnePerth, WA

Suicide Prevention Summit.....Fantastic!

Pedro and his team once again did an amazing job to give the opportunity to so many to learn so much this weekend. I love the fact that I can revisit the recordings. The presentations were informative and content valuable to those working in mental health. I thoroughly enjoyed the all the presentations. Thank you!

Mental Health Suicide Summit 2021

The Summit was a very insightful event, especially for people who care for people living with mental illness and who could be at risk of suicide. Prevention and early intervention were the focus, and also evidence-based.

The course was not difficult at all. Very well presented and hosted allowing for questions and discussion.

Tumby Bay
Tumby BayEyre Peninsula, SA

So happy I took part in the summit

The presenters were very informative and I found the content to be easy to understand. Love the fact we were able to do this online. Pedro and his team did an awesome job keeping it all running smoothly. Thank you so much to everyone involved.

Education & Training Services

A Brilliant compilation of topic knowledge and evidence based strategies delivered by world class leaders

Extremely satisfied - exceeded expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed the side chat interactions and appreciated the lived experiences shared by all. The facilitator Pedro did an awesome job in bringing it all together and ensuring questions were answered.
No difficulties with the course - it was streamlined throughout and user friendly.

Ilona Mezedi
Ilona MezediIllawarra, NSW

Suicide Prevention 3 day seminar

I've attended the three day Suicide prevention seminar. Listening to the presenters, hearing and learning about the current approaches in relation to suicide and suicide prevention was highly educational to me. The resources, insight, latest research, practical ways of attending and dealing with situations is extremely valuable to myself as a practitioner, worker and as a human being.

Julie F
Julie FNorth Western Region, NSW

Very good learning tool

I am really happy to have online learning. When living so far from main cities it is very helpful. The content is expansive and varied. The courses are also delivered using different mediums.

Wai Chow
Wai ChowVictoria

My personal experience with learning alongside with Mental Health Academy

It is a great learning experience and value for money as well. The content of courses that I have taken were carefully made and presented in a very professional manner.

Caroline C.
Caroline C.Sydney, NSW

A great opportunity.

What a gift learning from leaders in the field with current and very relevant information. It was by luck that I was invited to take up the opportunity to access the course for a month and it was extremely beneficial.

Gerald
GeraldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good amount of in-depth information provided for those whose work requires ongoing professional development.

Well thought out information that makes one think about one’s professionalism and how to apply it in a real world scenario. Specific in regard to the topic covered. One can go over the information again at a later date.

Georgia
GeorgiaIllawarra, NSW

The BEST learning resource ever!

I'm a Psychology graduate who is keen on learning about a wide range of topics including therapeutic modules, positive psychology & more... The MHA has provided me with easy access to so many incredible presentations! I also love that there are 20 hour certificates for certain topics and a 250 hour lifetime achievement. I can't wait to continue my journey on the MHA

Excellent Online Selection Of Courses

MHA provides very educational and cost effective training courses. I like the diverse topics available with so many choices of subjects. I have enjoyed so much the excellent content of the courses with extremely valuable resources presented by amazing experts from around the world. I am very satisfied with my on-going learning experience. Thank you MHA!

Maria

The importance of being a Big Picture Generalist Psychologist

As a graduate 4th year psychologist 29 years ago I had a strong need to gain a significant body of knowledge and be effective in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the public. I think that the diversity of courses that the Mental Health Academy offers and their content and understanding makes it easy and relevant to helping Australians with their complex mental health needs.

wendy wallace
wendy wallaceRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Informative, Easy and Educational.

So far I have enjoyed all courses and all content. The questions that are required to be answered at the end of each teaching have at times been quite a challenge but I dont see that as a negative as it means you have to work that little bit harder to locate answers, making it not to easy either.

Learning Material

I can't wait for another session. Well done

It was well explained and easy to understand, I really enjoyed it. And I am looking forward to attend more of these session, especially in Mental health. Well done guys

Inspirational

I recently attended the Super Summit 2020. As someone who has just completed their fourth year psychology studies I really appreciated the presentation of a wide variety of tools that can be used to help clients. I especially appreciated the practicality of the first session on Cognitive Therapy Recovery by Judith Beck and Ellen Inverso and the session given by Sally Spencer-Thomas on suicide management. Many of the sessions were amazing giving you insight into a treatment or a different way of looking at something, that has inspired me to research further into these areas. Thanks so much.

Marguerite Middling
Marguerite MiddlingCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

An excellent Summit experience...

This was my first MHA Summit experience. I was amazed at the funding arrangements for the Summit and was more than happy to "donate" to the Summit, considering that it was amazing value for money. The presentations I chose to attend were of the highest standard and I found them extremely interesting, especially "Reawakening the need for comfort: Social buffering, amygdala whispering, and safe
sadness" presenter Dr. Jonathan Baylin.

K Greenway
K GreenwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

High-level resources, convenient, and value for money.

The Super Summit is an indication of the excellent teaching and on-going professional development available to professional counsellors. The courses are varied and suit both the auditory as well as the visual learner. I appreciate being able to review courses I have previously completed!

Adelaide
AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't miss out

Great range of global evidence based perspectived with a strong lived experiences lens. Love the flexibility of the virtual mode that allows nclusive access post summits. Worth the time investment.

Isabelle
IsabelleSydney, NSW

Excellent and cost effective training courses

I'm very impressed with the training courses offered by Mental Health. There're diverse subjects and plenty of choices for counsellors to continue with their PD. I also like the fact that the PD hours are recorded on my ACA membership.