Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 3 of 29)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Ireneimma

Ireneimma

Better than I expected

It was a very user friendly platform. I have viewed 2 presentations so far, very good. Comprehensive, clear and current. Hoping to view the Indigenous content soon. Would love to have the time extended.

very informative with reminders of how to talk with clients

Generally a great reminder about how to interact with people and ensure to engage with third parties who can assist a vulnerable client by providing protective home and social supports,

A fresh perspective.

The course was well designed with engaging speakers. I found the Counselling With Men In Mind and Preventing Suicide Among Trans and Gender Diverse Young People talks particularly interesting as they contained some new perspectives in attending to these groups. Well done to all involved.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Excellent informative presentations

Excellent informative presentations.My knowledge was consolidated and confirmed. I learnt a lot from the Suicide Summit presentations and really appreciated that there was not a cost involved to be able to participate.

Great Content

I thought the sessions were well thought out and structured well. The presenters had a good insight into their specialised areas. Uploading the content and making it available for a good length of time was a great assistance.

Great topics

It was really informative and interesting. I liked the variety of presenters and topics. It was great to have it online and to get a link to see some of it after or see it twice.

Expanded awareness and understanding

The diverse range of topics touched on topics that I had not yet experienced or researched. The speakers provided further resources to allow me to expand on what interested me.

Shelley

ShelleySouth West, WA

Well organised Great speakers

The speakers were well chosen and knew their subject material. Some new insights alond with some very affirming information. My only regret is that I do not have ongoing access to the webcasts. I will certainly attend more of these sessions.

Vicky

VickyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A diverse perspective on suicide prevention.

New and innovative perspectives from well researched, compassionate and empathic presenters who encouraged self reflection to how we as supporters can empower, meet each individual where they are at, taking into account of what challenges they face whether it is related to situational, gender, identity, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs.

Vicki

VickiCentral Queensland, QLD

Excellent Presenters. Great event.

The balanced learning outcomes from each session was rich and provided invaluable reflection and opportunity to increase knowledge and skill development. Presentations were worthwhile prompting review of my own practice.

Great I learn from this every year

I learn something from the Suicide Summit every year and look forward to joining in again next year. I usually watch the webcasts afterward the live webcast as it is easier for me. To have the webcasts available for an extra week would be great please.

Koda-Jo

Koda-JoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A wonderful opportunity to grow

I really enjoyed the Summit, around such a sensitive yet, important topic as part of our work. It has also assisted in my Advocacy role as a Social Worker to help de-stigmatise this topic. Thanks so much. Please keep me on you're list for future educational opportunities. Thank you to all the staff and speakers for this. Many Blessings

Fantastic and educational

These webinars were well presented, very educational, easy to access - great that I could watch some at a later date and good that the time to watch was extended. Would definitely attend again.

TMY

TMYWestern Australia

Practical, Relevant and Up to Date Information

Presenters were all very professional and delivered up to date information. Very beneficial CPD on a very important topic. In very difficult times it was pleasing that professional development was able to continue on an online platform.

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2020 Suicide Prevention Summit

What a fantastic learning opportunity this was. Excellent speakers from a broad range of expertise and knowledge base. Great that I have been able to listen and watch after the event as I was unavailable on the day. Particularly enjoyed Roses on the Ocean, Co-design, Counselling with Men in Mind and the ASTI perspective. Have taken away a lot of skills and knowledge that I can use in my practice. Thankyou

Beth

BethHobart, TAS

Speakers were knowledable and I learned some new and interesting things

Having the option to view the sessions on-line at a later date was really beneficial. It was great to be able to take notes and stop and start as needed. I thought three of the sessions were exceptional

joanne

joanneSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I found that all presenters were all very knowledgeable. I thought it was a great service that I was able to go back to the recording and listen to the topics again.

Thank you so much!!

The teaching and course content was very good. I liked the session 'Counselling with men in mind'. This is something new for me because I have been counselling women and young ladies a lot and only one or two men.

Annie O.

Annie O.Perth, WA

Very informing.

Very stimulating. Supports further investigation for future trends. Explored areas and created intrigue. Well researched topics. Inspiring how much effort was put into the suicide summit. Thought and action provoking. Well done.

Lisa

LisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely inspiring, useful and a relief to know so much progress is and can be made due to being so well informed.

Each speaker was very knowledgeable about their subject and delivered well, some were more inspiring and engaging than others. It was terrific to watch and to take notes of the recordings to share with the team. Ideally a transcript would have been helpful but the slides were excellent. Great to know the evidence based tools and to know of upcoming additional courses to specialise more.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives