Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 4 of 29)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Solid information and sharing on suicide prevention

The content was relevant and relatable. Every person no matter their knowledge would gain from these sessions. Well handled in this virtual environment. Great you had them to watch on demand as i could not attend live. Thank you

R Hill

R HillPerth, WA

So thankful for this years Suicide Summit from MHA

The course content presented by experts in the field and people with lived experience was informative, truly inspiring, and insightful. Practical & evidence-based tools were taught. Thankyou for including Aboriginal perspectives.

Tracy

Tracy

First one, I'll be back

The content was relevant, interesting, professionally presented and well formatted. This was my very first but will not be my last. I gained a great deal of insight from the passionate presenters and interesting questions.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

phil

philSydney, NSW

Pinnacle Each presentation added something unique. The body of content is the 'pinnacle'

An inspiring multi-dimensional study of contemporary insights on this critical issue where our years of apparent 'enlightenment' hasn't adequately saved lives. The commitment and passion of presenters was compelling and moving. An exceptional range of key frontline creative thinkers and communicators. Well done MHA.

Essential

There were a broad range of topics presented, not all particularly relevant to myself, but, honestly, all were useful/helpful/insightful. Easy to access and easy to understand. I am so grateful that I participated.

sam

sammildura

Suicide summit

There were a great range of speakers, although not all were relevant to me there were still useful. The information provided was up to date and relevant to the summit. It was easy to access and understand. Looking forward to the next one.

This was excellent, resources worth the hours

It was wonderful sitting under expert teaching and learning things that are not taught in graduate schools. Emphasis on helpful ways of responding to clients was a highlight. Greatly appreciated.

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

great Information

I really enjoyed the presentations. This was such a different way to attend a seminar. I enjoyed being in the comfort of my home to do attend this.i think the presenters were great and I got a lot from this.

informative and necessary

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I especially liked and thought very necessary to include, the ones focussing on men and the 2 indigenous sessions. I work in the mental health sector and all the information provided was very relevant and useful for my work. In addition as a techno dinosaur I found that it was easy to access.

This was the best training this year 2020

The course was satisfying and full of very good information to me in New Zealand. So many of the sessions applied to my practice here. The course was not to difficult this was so through the use of 'pause' button to re-cap or time to take notes. I loved the fact that i could print off the slides i wanted as presented by each professional. I particularly liked the last speaker on CAMS and his clear explanation of the model.

I look forward to doing more with you as it was so well presented and managed
Karen Gentle

Gudrun

GudrunThe Mallee, VIC

I enjoyed listening the speakers

As an aged student I found the summit to be very informative. I work in the homelessness sector and found that knowledge I have gained through this summit to be useful. Thank you for the opportunity to participate

Elljanine

ElljaninePerth, WA

Great webinars

Thank you for a great summit and great coverage of topics. A very informative view of issues and objectives in addressing suicide. I appreciated resources and referring websites for further information.

Sara

Sara

Excellent!

Thank you for organising this summit and thank you to all the presenters on both days, who did a marvelous job in delivering their field of study in such a concise way.

Graeme

GraemeSydney, NSW

Par Excellence

This was an excellent Summit and all the presenters did above board presentations for the subject matters relating to Suicide Prevention. Male suicide is still a major issue worldwide. Encouraging signs of prevention techniques in counselling.

Joanne

JoanneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Always look forward to the knowledge and experiences shared during the Summits

I was again 100% happy with this year's Summit. I found that there were just enough speakers and content without being too overwhelming and too much to absorb in a limited time frame

I learned a lot

I particularly enjoyed learning about transgender, men and aboriginal perspectives and the professionalism of the research-oriented presenters (Drs Nicholas and Galavin). Glad co-design was a universal theme. Thank you for an outstanding series.

Loved every minute of it!!!!

Great resource loved every minute thanks so much Information to keep in my tool box for further reference. Would love to see more of this offered to members great stuff

Widening the approaches to suicide prevention

I was very satisfied with this course. Particularly impressed by the broad and varied approaches to suicide prevention especially those focusing on First Nations. To hear so much support for a participatory and inclusive approach was refreshing, hopeful and inspiring.
As well, I found the download information sheets were extremely valuable for retaining and revising the amount of diverse and compressed content of the course.
Impressive.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great stuff keep it coming

Wonderful cross section of lectures really opening up different approaches &thoughts on a very busy area in my workplace. Course content well researched and esdy to follow. Thank you to all.

Ester

EsterSydney, NSW

Summit 2020 pariticipant

I am very satisfied with the teaching and the content of the summit. I had the opportunity to learn from experts from Australia and overseas. Thank you !
The level of the course was right for me, very informative and well designed.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives