Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 4 of 24)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

The suicide summit was very well planned with a diverse range of speakers

I was very satisfied with the topics from knowledgeable speakers and found it to be in the areas that I was interested in learning about
It was well balanced and not difficult at all. The one hour break in between sessions was needed.

Marie Cozens

Marie CozensSydney, NSW

Summit on Suicide Prevention

There was a very interesting range of topics and I could choose which ones to attend during the Summit then view the other topics later on line. In particular Dr Zac Seidler gave a fantastic session. It’s wonderful to hear about so much positive work being done in this challenging field.

Excellent review

Very satisfied with both teaching & Course content. The content was very informative with experienced presenters. I did not find the course difficult in fact i felt the service being offered to watch and learn in the privacy of our lounge rooms initiated greater learning. It was easy to concentrate on the presenter and gave room for reflection. Everything was explained well. I would definetly recomend this style of learning to any professionals. I am looking forward to next time. Thank you.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Sonia Street Psychology

Sonia Street PsychologyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The timing of this could not have been better!

There were a wide range of approaches and things to consider with this very complex topic. I was really impressed by the diversity. I'm still watching videos almost a week later and recommending them to friends and colleagues. It was the latest thinking, the latest research and the latest approaches. It's sharpened my skills and improved my own confidence in dealing with such a devastating issue.

Very interesting!!!

I was very satisfied with the teaching and course content and was not difficult to me. All the participants showed a great knowledge of their expertise and every presentation was interesting

2020 Suicide Prevention Summit

Apart from the first presentation which was marred by system glitches, the 2-day online summit was fantastic. There was plenty for everyone to get their teeth into. For me personally, the speakers that were of benefit were Ingrid Ozols, Penelope Strauss, Dr Zac Seidler and Dr Eoin Galavan. Thank you to all concerned for delivering an informative and educative summit.

Grateful

GratefulSydney, NSW

plenty of useful information and resources

The presenters were all clearly passionate about their fields and were eager to share their knowledge freely. This would indicate to me that they are all striving for a reduction in the suicide rates. Their expert and up to date information was well presented and easy to follow. Some presenter had the ability to be more engaging than others. I'm very grateful for their time and for their sharing

Informative and relevant

Content was appropriate for audience good balance of research and lived experience. Slides not information dense so easy to read. Time allocated for presentations was enough to address necessary information and appreciated time allocated to the questions

Loads of information

This had me critically thinking and engaging on topics i had only briefly thought about. Lots of information around suicide and i look forward to the summit every year. I am already applying new knowledge and skills sets.

Tenielle

TeniellePerth, WA

Amazing webinars

The webinars provided showed more relevant and real life situations that helped provide better understanding ways to assist. The guest speakers were amazing and would recommend everyone join the next one

So many aspects of suicide covered

Course content excellent. Some presentations easier to follow than others, which is only to be expected. Some people speak too quickly therefore more difficult to follow their line of arguement

Very informative

Very satisfied. I found the speakers easy to understand and the webinar platform easy to use. The times were suitable and the breaks in between were long enough for a tea break and to digest the information given.

Quely

QuelySydney

Very helpful webinar

It was quite relevant and I will be able to rake further resources to assess and help clients at risk of harm.
Of course I love two of them very much and I will go back to them.Joe Calleja and Dr Zac Seidler were the ones.

Kathleen

KathleenHunter Region, NSW

worth watching

I was very satisfied with the course. It was a lot of content to take in but the presentations were excellent. It is good that we have the opportunity to review information later.

Thank you so much to the whole team for presenting such an informative summit. The presenters were fantastic and the information they provided was very relevant and highly informative, I gained a lot of understanding and knowledge throughout the summit. Once again thank you

Education & Training Services

Very satisfied. The content was presented clearly. I really enjoyed having updated material, it kept me motivated to keep watching. The intervals between classes were also in perfect time too.

2020 Suicide Prevention Summit

Thank you MHA and all the Guests, the course was very full on, very educative and informative. The tools provided in this course were focusing on the individuals needs not just the clinicians side, which I fended so important. The speakers and their presentations were excellent
Many thanks

Wonderful!

This was my first suicide prevention summit and I was thrilled to be a part of it. I attended all 10 sessions and found them to be very informative and the presenters were wonderful. It has truly inspired me to go further into this field. Thankyou!

A great range of speakers covering up to date research and practice issues.
Content was very relevant to practice and the whole summit was professionally developed and presented .
Great timely access also to resources post sessions

Anne Marie

Anne MarieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Conference feedback

Interesting speaker's and enlightening content. Questions at the end were great. Even more question time for some would have been beneficial. Very timely considering how the world is at the moment.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives