Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 4 of 6)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Maria  Ruth A.

Maria Ruth A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very informative

Overall the Contents and materials that presented very accurate and up to date. The presenters provide resources and information that useful to help people enhance to life skills and resilience.

Very satisfied with the presentations and slide content information provided was relevant and engaging; interesting explorations of the subject matter with consideration to the current context; rapidly unfolding changing world of the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Great presentations but some titles were a bit ambiguous

Great presentations. Interesting perspectives from successful and really involved professional. Useful hyperlinks suggested throughout, I was busy following the presentations viewing the different resources suggested.

Perhaps the presentation titles could include whether they are research pieces or practical tools to assist with service provision? The first presentation for day one could have used this. The title for the final presentation on day one was concise.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Catherine Mahoney

Catherine MahoneyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Always worthwhile.

It always has some good speakers and very informative.
It was not a difficult course at all. Particularly liked Ingrid Ozols presentation which was from the heart and from lived experience. Also Penelope Strauss's presentation was very informative with lots of good resources for my work.

Very useful

Sessions which had a practical focus ie Calleja and Seidler were of great use.
More focus upon the situational crises which precipitate the bulk of male deaths would be very beneficial

Colleen

ColleenCentral Queensland, QLD

Very informative

Both the teaching and course content were brilliant. I actually learnt a lot and found that all materials were delivered in easy to understand context. Using the PowerPoint modules also great

christopher

christopherNew South Wales

informative

I participated in all 10 sessions over the coarse of the weekend end ,i appreciated all of they input and education on the matters .
I appreciated three of the speakers more the the others for there information and eye opening facts were fantastic , they were Dr Angela Nicholas , Dr Zac Seidlar and Dr Eoin Galavan for the were very educational cheers .

Michael Finn

Michael FinnSouth West, WA

Some really useful content

I participated in 5 of the 10 sessions offered over the weekend - through a combination of choice and timing as I reside in WA which was 2 hours behind. I particularly resonated with Dr Eoin Galavan's presentation and felt this would be of great benefit to e in my practice

Excellent Resource!

Thank you for providing an informative and varied coverage for many topical and current areas in suicide prevention, and psychological safety.

Being able to join through zoom may the experience accessible so thank you!

ereal

erealAlice Springs, NT

A good roundup of contemporary Suicide mental health in Australia

Accessible and well paced program, with a range of presenters covering the breadth of current suicide trends, responses and strategies. All presenters were available during presentation to answer submitted queries. All presentations came with comprehensive slide resources and the opportunity to review videos of their presentation s and download all materials after the event.

RBruce

RBruceSydney, NSW

Good evidenced based info

I like this series of sessions because it consisted of good evidence based sessions some of which I attended and some of which I am listening to in my own time. There was little "fluffing around" and sessions were quite focused and targeted. Thanks for cutting through the rubbish for me

KathySydney, NSW

This is excellent presentation. All session practical for anyone who is interested it.

I appreciate MHA. The presentation was helpful for the clients who seek individual wellbeing.
So how important to listen to them , understand their history , language and culture , those who are experiencing the PTSD and Trauma so that they tried to suicide.
The courses were not hard to understand cos the enough use visible resources.
But sometime webinars lose communication with presentation is not smoothly.
Many Blessings

Prativa Mishra

Prativa MishraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was worth it

Great sessions with professionals and to see them talk in their expertise was very thrilling. I look forward to participate in such events organised by Mental Health Academy in future.

Terrific content

Well done to Pedro and the team from the Mental Health Academy. The content was well balanced and informative. I particularly enjoyed Dr Zac Seidler with his presentation and practical knowledge on counselling with men in mind.

Taraka H.

Taraka H.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Summit - won't miss it next time

- The teaching went well, and some teachers had more experience or expertise than others.
- The course wasn't difficult at all, just managing lots of information on a deep and broad topic was the most challenging thing.

Grace M

Grace MPerth, WA

Enjoyed the info.

Good thank you. Some areas didn't apply to me but that was okay as I logged in to the areas that did. The charts shown on screen were far too small to ready but email sent through afterwards, so thank you.

Elizabeth

ElizabethCentral Queensland, QLD

Great information

I found most of the sessions to be well delivered. The information was easy to understand. The presenters we're passionate about what they were working on. There was a variety of ideas.

Tracy

TracyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really Useful

Some really useful & practical information that I could take away & use in my private practice. Quite a bit of information has peaked my interest enough to delve into it further.

An extremely successful summit

As a first-time participant I found the whole summit extremely informative and beneficial. Each topic was well covered by the respective presenters, all of whom were well prepared. The summit itself was chaired very adeptly by Pedro. The fact that we have access to the slides and information espoused over the weekend is such a bonus and I am very grateful for that. Thank you so much to all involved.

Lisa D.

Lisa D.

Great speakers with lots of knowledge

Very satisfied. A great mix of different level speaker to meet differing needs. Loved Ingrid’s presentation as I felt it was very personal and from the heart. A very relatable presentarion

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives