Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 4 of 23)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Gudrun

GudrunThe Mallee, VIC

I enjoyed listening the speakers

As an aged student I found the summit to be very informative. I work in the homelessness sector and found that knowledge I have gained through this summit to be useful. Thank you for the opportunity to participate

Sara

Sara

Excellent!

Thank you for organising this summit and thank you to all the presenters on both days, who did a marvelous job in delivering their field of study in such a concise way.

Graeme

GraemeSydney, NSW

Par Excellence

This was an excellent Summit and all the presenters did above board presentations for the subject matters relating to Suicide Prevention. Male suicide is still a major issue worldwide. Encouraging signs of prevention techniques in counselling.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Joanne

JoanneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Always look forward to the knowledge and experiences shared during the Summits

I was again 100% happy with this year's Summit. I found that there were just enough speakers and content without being too overwhelming and too much to absorb in a limited time frame

I learned a lot

I particularly enjoyed learning about transgender, men and aboriginal perspectives and the professionalism of the research-oriented presenters (Drs Nicholas and Galavin). Glad co-design was a universal theme. Thank you for an outstanding series.

Loved every minute of it!!!!

Great resource loved every minute thanks so much Information to keep in my tool box for further reference. Would love to see more of this offered to members great stuff

Widening the approaches to suicide prevention

I was very satisfied with this course. Particularly impressed by the broad and varied approaches to suicide prevention especially those focusing on First Nations. To hear so much support for a participatory and inclusive approach was refreshing, hopeful and inspiring.
As well, I found the download information sheets were extremely valuable for retaining and revising the amount of diverse and compressed content of the course.
Impressive.

Ester

EsterSydney, NSW

Summit 2020 pariticipant

I am very satisfied with the teaching and the content of the summit. I had the opportunity to learn from experts from Australia and overseas. Thank you !
The level of the course was right for me, very informative and well designed.

Thank you for a great summit.

Thank you for the suicide prevention summit, I found all the sessions to be really interesting and very informative. I specifically enjoyed the indigenous course on day one and the male suicide course on day two. Thanks, Kim

Education & Training Services

Designed to Fit the Participant!

I was very satisfied with the teaching and course content being, up to date, very relevant and practical.
I liked the way the course was conducted online, (given we were in Lock-Down due to Covid) and it gave me an opportunity to do some study towards my professional development. I also found the timing of the sessions excellent with an hour's learning and the next hour off - this really suited my style. I devoted the entire weekend to the conference and thoroughly enjoyed it without any stress or undue hardship. It was great. I did not find the course work difficult at all, granted, there were new concepts and ways of looking at things which are great to work on during reflective practise.

Insightful and Valuable Summit

The range of topics and information was very interesting and diverse. These are the conversations we need to have to raise awareness and bring attention to reducing the rates of suicide.

Rana

Rana

New Information

Elissa

ElissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This course was informative and collaborative

This course was informative, minus a few internet issues it was well done.
I would like to be able to look at domestic violence for men, women, youth and children, hopefully this may be something that can be offered as well.

Jasmine

JasminePerth, WA

excellent

The webinar was excellent. It was knowledgeable and the content covered every detail abort the prevention of suicide. I got a chance to attend such a fantastic event. I am so grateful.

Very informative and inspiring amid the pandemic

It was very useful and informative for me to learn different perspectives surrounding the issues of suicide. I was particularly interested in the suicidal thoughts of transgender youth. I will review details of the presentation slides which all the speaker presented then. Thanks!

Valuable Information and Insight on a Vital Topic

The presenters to this summit displayed expertise and insight through their varied perspectives on the experience of and response to suicide. The webinars on male suicide and the assessment of risk were both particularly pertinent and valuable to my work with depression, anxiety and adjustment issues within a private practice setting.

Awareness Enhancement!

The summit presentations have given me very useful material and a lot of ideas to think about, I experienced rich and up to date knowledge about wider communities and the issues and how it can be approached, I am fully satisfied, thank you very much, Simmi

SAM

SAMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the great experiences in COVID 19 times

Enjoyed the speakers, the engagement and relevancy of the summit. In an area that can be quite distressing, the presentations were 'on topic' and not too overwhelming. Dr Zac Seidler really stood out for me. Thank you Pedro for navigating through a difficult task of running this summit online.

CWS

CWSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very valuable

Being new to the field, I found the balance of topics helped me gain an overall understanding of the issues and some insight on how to deal with them. There are certainly elements that were discussed that I would consider important community knowledge.

Informative and varied

I was extremely satisfied with the course content and teaching. As always, MHA webinars are well organised with a variety of interesting presenters who are involved in research and front line work situations. I've noticed the increasing number of Australian researchers among the presenters which I believe is a good trend and one which I would encourage.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives