Mental Health Academy

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Valuable information.

I gained valuable information regarding suicidal clients. The counselling men with suicidal thoughts was very insightful and will help me to be a better equipped counselor. I would recommend this summit for anyone that is in the field to participate in the summit.

Many things to think about

Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW

Good to get different points of view

Learning Material

It was good but not good to the rquired level

The course content was excellent, but the teaching was similar to a train on its railway avoiding to touch the real reason behind suicide. The way they presented the issue was most likely women’s at work issue. It is just research for researching.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Bev
BevSydney, NSW

Moderate

Last year’s had great international speakers and lots more impressive content compared to this years focus on ‘local’
I found a bit boring and quality of speakers differed noticeably.
Technical hitches were prominent!

Teaching Staff

Very informative

I found this course to be very overwhelming, but informative. As I am not a mental health professional some of the sessions went over my head, I thought. But I am very happy that I participated, it gives me a better insight into what to look for in our clients. The session that was on self and team care in the workplace was very valuable as we are a very small team of volunteers and one emergency relief coordinator. I would like to thank all the presenters for sharing their time and knowledge. I would like to keep learning more about how to help our community and keep our small team safe and well.

Martin
MartinVictoria

Some brilliant Some average

The course content was excellent and informative for the most part yet within a few of the presentations speakers focused too much on facts and what they were going to do rather than what had been done and I could take away from the session.
Others were brilliant and I was able to take away some great info from the session.

Relevancy

Some talks were more relevant to my work than others, the ones that were, I enjoyed very much, it was easy to access and view
Appreciated that the information is also emailed to everyone

Teaching Staff

Ursula
Ursulaasked

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

See all Mental Health Academy questions