Mental Health Academy

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
J Bill
J BillFar North Queensland, QLD

Excellent Summit!

Diverse topics. I especially enjoyed the LGBTQI+, youth, aging, and men's presentations. I found these 4 presentations to be very interesting; the presenters were knowledgeable, the content was excellent, and they presented their topics very well. I would highly recommend this annual summit, especially when you get such great presentations on a wide range of diverse and very relevant topics.

Kirstin
KirstinSydney, NSW

Powerful content and great learning opportunity

This was the first MHA course/Suicide Prevention Summit I've attended, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The entire online summit was very well organized and efficient. The content was engaging, useful, and certain presenters were particularly excellent in their delivery - I'll be following them more closely from now on for further education and learning opportunities! Thanks again MHA.

Mayelin
MayelinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Suicide Prevention

Everyone that spoke as part of the panel, was very informative and clear on their information. I learned a lot and was happy with the information provided…………. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu very much

Teaching Staff

I’ll be watching out for more of these!

The speakers were knowledgeable and interesting. I attended the first session of each day and the material will inform my clinical practice ongoing. I look forward to hearing the rest.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Kez
Kez

Suicide Prevention Summit

The Summit was able to bring together a cross section of presenters with different areas of expertise, knowledge and "hands on" experience.
Living with someone who suffers from mental illness, and has made two attempts at suicide in the past provided even greater insight into the subtle triggers for intervention.
Fantastic to be able to experience this online, and benefit from re-visiting the presentations at a later time.
Just reading other participants posts was valuable. Well done everyone.

Wai Chow
Wai ChowVictoria

My personal experience with learning alongside with Mental Health Academy

It is a great learning experience and value for money as well. The content of courses that I have taken were carefully made and presented in a very professional manner.

Isabelle
IsabelleSydney, NSW

Excellent and cost effective training courses

I'm very impressed with the training courses offered by Mental Health. There're diverse subjects and plenty of choices for counsellors to continue with their PD. I also like the fact that the PD hours are recorded on my ACA membership.

Theresa
TheresaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely valuable resource for all workers in the human services sector

I have participated in the Mental Health Summit for the 4 years and look forward to it each year.

The Summit provides opportunities to take a step back and reflect on individual practice. The learnings to be gained from new research presented is amazing in that is can introduce new ideas or reaffirm the individual's practice.

Very informative.

I was relatively satisfied with the variety. The variety about mental health during COVID times and Men's mental health issues were very interesting.

Not difficult at all except during connection issues.

Matt Burke
Matt BurkeMurray Region, NSW

I thoroughly enjoyed this summit

I really gained very valuable information and a better insight into the emerging mental health issues facing many Australians. The presentations were well thought out and I enjoyed the summit.

Claire
ClairePerth, WA

Super summit

Great info and a really interesting summit event. Thanks to the organizers for setting this up. The content and presentations were really valuable.

I have registered to this in previous years and always find it worthwhile.

Ireneimma
Ireneimma

Better than I expected

It was a very user friendly platform. I have viewed 2 presentations so far, very good. Comprehensive, clear and current. Hoping to view the Indigenous content soon. Would love to have the time extended.

Education & Training Services

very informative with reminders of how to talk with clients

Generally a great reminder about how to interact with people and ensure to engage with third parties who can assist a vulnerable client by providing protective home and social supports,

Great Content

I thought the sessions were well thought out and structured well. The presenters had a good insight into their specialised areas. Uploading the content and making it available for a good length of time was a great assistance.

Expanded awareness and understanding

The diverse range of topics touched on topics that I had not yet experienced or researched. The speakers provided further resources to allow me to expand on what interested me.

Ursula
Ursulaasked

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

See all Mental Health Academy questions