Mental Health Academy

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

One of the best conferences I’ve attended (material, scheduling, pricing, logistics)

- Such a smooth registration process
- Quick access to material straight after webinar
- Incredible presenters and information
- Presenters were easy to listen to and have such valuable insight
- You get what you paid for! It was exactly what was advertised.

Valuable Learning Time
Valuable Learning TimeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Valuable Learning Experience

This is the second Summit I attended and I found, as before, that all presenters were well versed in their topic and I gleaned useful information from all 15 presentations.

zilzie
zilzieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Informative

This was the first summit I have attended and still have a few presentations to get through but I have enjoyed the varied content and the ability to watch on demand. I really appreciate the downloadable material to refer back to and the practical advice that each presenter gave. I would definitely attend more summits.

Invaluable learning

Webinars on offer at the Summit were varied in topics. I watched five webinars on demand - it was great to be able to watch them in my own time and pause/rewind videos to consolidate learning. The five presenters I watched were all extremely knowledgeable. The Summit was very reasonably priced.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Very helpful

The content was excellent and met my needs. I learnt so much about a range of topics and the presenters were well informed and presented in clear and effective ways.

Learning Material
Warren Burden
Warren BurdenHunter Region, NSW

Excellent professional learnig

I attended three sessions of the summit. The presentations were very clear, factual, and offered practical examples and strategies to use. Their slides were downloadable and offered useful information and, activities, and resources to use immediately.
There were a variety of viewpoints on offer at the Summit and the fact that the slides were downloadable meant that you could quickly access the sessions you didn't attend and gain the pertinent information they provided.

Jazz
JazzPerth

Well worth it

Course content was great, varied across the lifespan and a few different subjects. I loved having the option to watch later - allowing for a more relaxed and comprehensive learning experience.

Nathan J.
Nathan J.South East Queensland, QLD

MHA Summit well worth it

The MH Summit brought together experts from Australia and overseas to talk about Youth Suicide. It was very high quality and covered very practical information. The speakers spoke with experience and authority on their topics. For only $AUD50 you got 3 days of world class professional development and insight into how to understand and assist those experiencing suicide thoughts.

Learning Material
Paul Freeman
Paul FreemanSydney, NSW

I have learnt more even about myself, and this of course will be an advantage for my client support.

Course content was factual and straight to the point learning parrot fashion is more easily learnt than a couple of sessions in a class room, I tent to be more relaxed and ready to absorb it better.

Michelle Robins
Michelle RobinsGoulburn Valley, VIC

The Mental Health Super Summit

The Mental Health Super Summit was a wonderful opportunity to hear from expert speakers from around the world discuss contemporary mental health research, strategies, interventions and opportunities. A world class event.

2021 mental health super summit

This was my second summit as a student and I cant wait for the next.
Thank you so much for the open lived experience sharing and the donating of everyone's time, energy and expertise to educate, encourage, and enlighten us on our diverse respective journeys.

ANN LOUISE WILLIAMS
ANN LOUISE WILLIAMSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Invaluable broad learning opportunity

The overall content and presenters were professional and covered a broad area of professional practise. this was amazing value for money, money raised for great benefit. I would recommend this summit and any training provided by the Mental Health Academy

MHA Summit 2021

I appreciated the variety of topics and speakers in this year's summit. The speakers were excellent, interesting and provided so many practical resources and strategies that are useful for working with clients. I have enjoyed all the summits by the MHA but this one in particular stood out for me.

Jacqui O
Jacqui OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Invaluable

Very informative and accurate. Presenters maintain interest well and they use current information. Such a great organisation to gain new knowledge and learning or update your skills. Thank you all.

Jenny
JennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My first summit and I will be back

This was my first attendance to the super summit and it was certainly thought provoking
I can t help it but Tony Attwood is a great presenter. I did enjoyed all the presentations with so many great topic and have been able to catch up with a couple after the summit and still have 1 & 1/2 left. The notes are a great resources.

Ursula
Ursulaasked

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

See all Mental Health Academy questions