Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Gerald
GeraldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good amount of in-depth information provided for those whose work requires ongoing professional development.

Well thought out information that makes one think about one’s professionalism and how to apply it in a real world scenario. Specific in regard to the topic covered. One can go over the information again at a later date.

Georgia
GeorgiaIllawarra, NSW

The BEST learning resource ever!

I'm a Psychology graduate who is keen on learning about a wide range of topics including therapeutic modules, positive psychology & more... The MHA has provided me with easy access to so many incredible presentations! I also love that there are 20 hour certificates for certain topics and a 250 hour lifetime achievement. I can't wait to continue my journey on the MHA

Excellent Online Selection Of Courses

MHA provides very educational and cost effective training courses. I like the diverse topics available with so many choices of subjects. I have enjoyed so much the excellent content of the courses with extremely valuable resources presented by amazing experts from around the world. I am very satisfied with my on-going learning experience. Thank you MHA!

Maria

The importance of being a Big Picture Generalist Psychologist

As a graduate 4th year psychologist 29 years ago I had a strong need to gain a significant body of knowledge and be effective in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the public. I think that the diversity of courses that the Mental Health Academy offers and their content and understanding makes it easy and relevant to helping Australians with their complex mental health needs.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

wendy wallace
wendy wallaceRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Informative, Easy and Educational.

So far I have enjoyed all courses and all content. The questions that are required to be answered at the end of each teaching have at times been quite a challenge but I dont see that as a negative as it means you have to work that little bit harder to locate answers, making it not to easy either.

I can't wait for another session. Well done

It was well explained and easy to understand, I really enjoyed it. And I am looking forward to attend more of these session, especially in Mental health. Well done guys

Inspirational

I recently attended the Super Summit 2020. As someone who has just completed their fourth year psychology studies I really appreciated the presentation of a wide variety of tools that can be used to help clients. I especially appreciated the practicality of the first session on Cognitive Therapy Recovery by Judith Beck and Ellen Inverso and the session given by Sally Spencer-Thomas on suicide management. Many of the sessions were amazing giving you insight into a treatment or a different way of looking at something, that has inspired me to research further into these areas. Thanks so much.

Marguerite Middling
Marguerite MiddlingCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

An excellent Summit experience...

This was my first MHA Summit experience. I was amazed at the funding arrangements for the Summit and was more than happy to "donate" to the Summit, considering that it was amazing value for money. The presentations I chose to attend were of the highest standard and I found them extremely interesting, especially "Reawakening the need for comfort: Social buffering, amygdala whispering, and safe
sadness" presenter Dr. Jonathan Baylin.

K Greenway
K GreenwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

High-level resources, convenient, and value for money.

The Super Summit is an indication of the excellent teaching and on-going professional development available to professional counsellors. The courses are varied and suit both the auditory as well as the visual learner. I appreciate being able to review courses I have previously completed!

Adelaide
AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't miss out

Great range of global evidence based perspectived with a strong lived experiences lens. Love the flexibility of the virtual mode that allows nclusive access post summits. Worth the time investment.

KMT
KMTPerth, WA

Good education investment

A great selection of topics available, variety of levels and mediums. It is very convenient to be able to learn in the comfort of your own home and knowing you are keeping up your professional development.

Kathrine C.
Kathrine C.Victoria

The best resource for Professional Development for Counsellors by far.

The selection available to choose from is extensive.
The course content is excellent and very enjoyable.
Each course is self paced making it easy to complete as it suits the students available time.
The evaluation component is easy to work through.

Finally the yearly Mental Health Super Summit is not to be missed. Three whole days filled with presentations from experts from all over the world, all available to us from the comfort of our homes and laptops or PC's. And the money we pay to attend goes to Charity ~ It is a win for everyone.

Very scholarly and practice-oriented

I am very satisfied with the DMHC course content (professional and evidence-based) and delivery options (self-paced, summative evaluations).
The course was structured at a graduate level, with expectations for critical thinking.

Kerri Paterson
Kerri PatersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mental Health online training course selection

To date I have participated in seven online training courses with Mental Health Academy. I have found the course selection extremely comprehensive. As I work extensively with families within the community, it is difficult to find such a broad range of professional development suited to the various aspects of my work. The learning helps in many ways; as a refresher, learning new techniques, improved confidence and developing my skillset.

Brad C.
Brad C.Tasmania

Super Super Summit

This was my third. Super Summit and I found this one to have a great range of topics covered, and some really engaging facilitators that kept the weekend really engaging

Kez
KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

An effective and flexible way of learning

The learning experience with the MHA is current and challenging, helping to keep one up-to-date in many aspects of mental health. I must mention in this review how I appreciate the flexible format that fits with on going learning in a very busy life style.

H. Cook
H. CookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent topics for professional learning

All the courses I have completed with the MHA have been interesting to read or view and challenging, but fair, in the questions at the end. I tend to print off the reading ones so I have a copy for future reference.
Studying with MHA is an effective way to review or update skills. I thoroughly recommend it to counsellors and therapists.

Celestine
CelestineAlice Springs, NT

This course is very magnificent delivered objectively as a living tools.

This course has made significant changes improving my world outlook in meeting my clients need. Teaching was evidence based and very objective . There was also challenging in sitting down for long time with no reference of asking question.

Suzy
SuzySydney, NSW

can't work without it!

very satisfied with the course content, I learnt a lot that can be used in my practice. The Courses where easy and so convenient for someone who has very little time to leave the office.

KAREN
KARENGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disaster Mental Health Course

Deb
DebDarling Downs, QLD

Extremely helpful learning

This is very relevant to my work and I appreciate the easy online format. Thank you MHA for providing this type of informative and helping learning for one's Professional Development!

Jackie
JackieVictoria

The DMH Counselling Course is a must for anyone considering counselling to people affected by a disaster

It is difficult subject matter and the presenters kept information relevant, factual, and interesting to listen to.

Very satisfied. The teaching was informed by evidence and up-to-date practice. I appreciate that the summit is a way to keep in touch with current research and practice development in Australia and other nations. Thanks to all who make the learning and communication possible!

A Ward
A WardIllawarra, NSW

Well done to the presenters.

I learnt a number of things to take with me into my work. Many different presenters with different interesting topics under the one umbrella of Suicide Prevention. Keep up the good work Mental Health Academy as people get a lot out of your efforts.

Dianne
DianneNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Professional Quality Speakers

Great course, good variety of content and well researched data. Great to hear from experts and passionate people who knew their subject. Sensitive approaches all round. Found it very helpful.