Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy (page 4 of 10)

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Informative sessions and great speakers

I learned so much through this e-summit. I am a beginner in the Mental Health field and this summit added heaps to my knowledge and understanding. It provoked my thinking in so many ways and informed me of aspects I had no idea of before, such as Men's suicidality and mental health, co-designing programs etc. Very well put together with excellent speakers. Thank you, MHA.

Karen M
Karen MPerth, WA

Great resource

Well executed and enjoyed listening to a variety of speakers. Powerpoint slides are a great resource also! Thank you for providing this free as this really resonates the passion and desire to provide such invaluable information designed to help everyone.

Letitia
LetitiaSydney, NSW

Excellent, professional and relevant material and presentation

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to each presenter and the information they shared. The topics were relevant and very well presented. Each speaker was professional and knowledgeable and I gained many useful resources. Pedro was an excellent facilitator and host, especially during the Q and A. I felt the whole summit ran smoothly, even when there were a couple of technical hiccups out of everyone's control. It was a fantastic way for me to attend in the comfort of my home and at a pace that suited me well. Plus I could re-watch the seminars that really interested me which was a great bonus. I would not hesitate to attend another of these events because I was so impressed. Well done to everyone and thank you very much.

Helen
HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Learned so much

I was able to watch and really loved the self care talk, worker care in the workplace, the non pathologising of people and how to talk to people in conversation about suicide. The Indigenous and transgender perspectives were great educators and I have found overall that a topic like suicide prevention in all these areas gives great insight into cultures and genres that may not otherwise be looked apparent to all. Well done Pedro and team. Each year keeps getting better and so appreciated.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Very thoughtful approach to a difficult conversation

The presenters were obviously passionate and very skilful.
The Summit was well planned and ran really smoothly
A really efficient way for so many practitioners to come together. Being free allowed so many of us to have to opportunity to attend compared to other forums that may be prohibitive cost wise.
Thank you so much for providing a great experience and the potential for us to improve the way we work with our clients

2020 Mental health Suicide Summit

I have learned a lot from all the presenters. Being a student helped me to connect my learning with professional experiences. I look forward to the 2021 Mental health academy summit.

Some really thought provoking presentations

I want to start of by thanking the mental health academy, and the presenters for putting together this summit. I found most of the presentations comprehensive and engaging, and relevant to the work that I do. I feel like I have gained a better insight into working with people who are experiencing suicidal ideation, as well as working with those who are Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander.

Mental Health Suicide Summit - I very much appreciated this useful knowledge from experienced professionals

Very satisfied -replays were easy to watch & listen & take notes (I was only able to watch the replays due to my other commitment), and I appreciate the generous sharing of slides - thank you, a valuable experience.

Lucia Kraus
Lucia KrausGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useful broad ranging overview

I found the teaching and course content very suitable to my needs. I gained valuable new information. The extension of viewing time was much appreciated, as was the ability to down load the slides. Thank you

Kay D.
Kay D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent presentations by experts

The presentations were very comprehensive and the presenters were experts. Presentations covered both research and practice. I also valued the break between presentations which is essential when participating in a webinar forum.

A fresh perspective.

The course was well designed with engaging speakers. I found the Counselling With Men In Mind and Preventing Suicide Among Trans and Gender Diverse Young People talks particularly interesting as they contained some new perspectives in attending to these groups. Well done to all involved.

Excellent informative presentations

Excellent informative presentations.My knowledge was consolidated and confirmed. I learnt a lot from the Suicide Summit presentations and really appreciated that there was not a cost involved to be able to participate.

Great topics

It was really informative and interesting. I liked the variety of presenters and topics. It was great to have it online and to get a link to see some of it after or see it twice.

Shelley
ShelleySouth West, WA

Well organised Great speakers

The speakers were well chosen and knew their subject material. Some new insights alond with some very affirming information. My only regret is that I do not have ongoing access to the webcasts. I will certainly attend more of these sessions.

Vicky
VickyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A diverse perspective on suicide prevention.

New and innovative perspectives from well researched, compassionate and empathic presenters who encouraged self reflection to how we as supporters can empower, meet each individual where they are at, taking into account of what challenges they face whether it is related to situational, gender, identity, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs.

Great I learn from this every year

I learn something from the Suicide Summit every year and look forward to joining in again next year. I usually watch the webcasts afterward the live webcast as it is easier for me. To have the webcasts available for an extra week would be great please.

Koda-Jo
Koda-JoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A wonderful opportunity to grow

I really enjoyed the Summit, around such a sensitive yet, important topic as part of our work. It has also assisted in my Advocacy role as a Social Worker to help de-stigmatise this topic. Thanks so much. Please keep me on you're list for future educational opportunities. Thank you to all the staff and speakers for this. Many Blessings

Fantastic and educational

These webinars were well presented, very educational, easy to access - great that I could watch some at a later date and good that the time to watch was extended. Would definitely attend again.

TMY
TMYWestern Australia

Practical, Relevant and Up to Date Information

Presenters were all very professional and delivered up to date information. Very beneficial CPD on a very important topic. In very difficult times it was pleasing that professional development was able to continue on an online platform.

Kate
KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2020 Suicide Prevention Summit

What a fantastic learning opportunity this was. Excellent speakers from a broad range of expertise and knowledge base. Great that I have been able to listen and watch after the event as I was unavailable on the day. Particularly enjoyed Roses on the Ocean, Co-design, Counselling with Men in Mind and the ASTI perspective. Have taken away a lot of skills and knowledge that I can use in my practice. Thankyou

Thank you so much!!

The teaching and course content was very good. I liked the session 'Counselling with men in mind'. This is something new for me because I have been counselling women and young ladies a lot and only one or two men.

Annie O.
Annie O.Perth, WA

Very informing.

Very stimulating. Supports further investigation for future trends. Explored areas and created intrigue. Well researched topics. Inspiring how much effort was put into the suicide summit. Thought and action provoking. Well done.

Lisa
LisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely inspiring, useful and a relief to know so much progress is and can be made due to being so well informed.

Each speaker was very knowledgeable about their subject and delivered well, some were more inspiring and engaging than others. It was terrific to watch and to take notes of the recordings to share with the team. Ideally a transcript would have been helpful but the slides were excellent. Great to know the evidence based tools and to know of upcoming additional courses to specialise more.

Joanne W
Joanne WNorth Queensland, QLD

Very informative and I took lots from it!

Extremely satisfied with the level of course content. The slides were very helpful. The speakers were articulate and offered loads of helpful information and insight.
Was not a difficult course at all. Easy listening and self paced as I was able to complete listening to all of the videos of the summit via the available recordings. Very helpful. Thankyou to all who spoke and to Pedro for organising.

Hands on approach to a difficult topic.

I really enjoyed the diversity of the speakers and the wide range of topics that were covered. It was very informative and the evidence-based tools will be very helpful to use.