Mercator Trinidad II

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mercator Trinidad III 52" DC White LED

Mercator Trinidad III 52" White LED. Modern looking, slimline, low profile. Very bright cool LED light. Looks much better in person than online. Generally quiet but has a clicking noise sometimes. I have had trouble with the remote controls. One remote control is not working. The remote control sometimes does not operate the fan, unable to turn it on, change the speed or turn the light on/off. I have tried replacing the batteries. I am not sure what the trick is, sometimes it turns on, sometimes it does not. I do wish it was more powerful and created more cooling effect on hot summer days, however, his is my first experience with ceiling fans so am unable to comment on how it compares with the cooling of other fans. I leave the ceiling fan on all night during summer, as I am unable to open windows due to traffic noise. My electricity bill has not changed a lot, so it seems the DC fan is fairly energy efficient. I purchased Trinidad III over Trinidad II hoping there would be some new model improvements and better than some of the negative reviews. I mostly bought it for the modern slim look and low profile LED light.

I also purchased the Fanco Infinity-i 48" ceiling fan which is great size for a small bedroom (2.5x2.5m). The Trinidad and Infinity look very similar so a good match, however, if I had to choose I prefer the look of the blades of the Trinidad. I purchased the Mercator Trinidad III 52" as a larger ceiling fan for the living room and large bedroom.

Purchased in January 2018 at Lumera Living for $409.00.

Noise Level
Power

Not reliable

Bought two Trinidad III fans two years ago. Both replaced under warranty within a month due to receivers / remotes not working - unfortunately fans out of order during hottest part of the year! Fans are not that powerful even on full power - have to add a pedestal fan on the hottest nights. Two years later one of the remote control packs it in again - this time out of warranty. These were not cheap fans - very disappointing Mercator.

Purchased in December 2017 for $359.00.

faulty faulty faulty

I have installed three Trinidad and all three failed. Receivers and remotes were replaced on all three under warranty. Two of them worked for a while, the third refused to work from day one.
The wholesaler said not to install because of the problems.
When I ordered in two Trinidad III fans they delivered Trinidad II instead.
I refused to take them. They are just trying to offload bad stock.

Purchased in October 2018.

A fan does not work as a fan, has design fault

Was looking for a ceiling fan for the coming hot summer. Shopping around online and in store, saw this one on special with wooden look fan blade which match our Kitchen furniture, so bought one. Put it up, ran very slow, not quite doing as a fan. The next day, tried ran it the fastest speed, the fan stop after half an hour run, never start up again.
Took it back, after a bit of negotiation, I was offered a new one.
Then put the new one up the second day, it never runs at all.
Search the web, found these reviews, so this does not only happen to myself, it is a faulty design product, happen to a number of people, but why it is still in the market, I think this product shall be recalled from the market.
If there is choice of no start, this should not be awarded with any start at all. Very annoying.

Purchased in January 2019 for $340.00.

Noise Level
Power
Sorry, the last sentence shall read "star", not "start", typo mistake.

These fans don't work

Couldn't agree more. We have had no response from the company. We had two fans installed. One stopped working a day after installation. The fan lights are too bright. They don't blow substantial air and they look cheap and hang crookedly. Very unimpressed with the follow up or absolute lack thereof. We had these installed over three months ago and still waiting on a 'rep' to look at. No response to emails.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lousy warranty service.

Bought two of these fans and had them installed. Within a couple of hours usage one of them stopped spinning and will no longer work. The remote pairing is a joke, they have DIP switches in the remote to give them a unique coding but it doesnt seem to matter where you put those switches, sooner or later you find one remote operates all fans. The light in these is extremely bright and the shop told us it was a warm light, but no, it is definitely a cool light. Given our fan died on day 1 we contacted electrician who came out and checked his wiring was ok. After that we were in the hands of Mercator to honor the warranty. Two weeks later...still waiting for their electrician to come and repair it. By the time they come we probably wont need to use the fan as the weather will be cooler. In the meantime all we can do is sweat and spend each day writing bad reviews on the internet. Stay clear of this fan and Mercafor, their after sales warranty process is abysmal.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Avoid at all costs

We purchased 11 of these fans. Two of the fan controllers died shortly after installation and at least two more are unreliable. When on full speed, the fans stop after several minutes and must be switched off at the wall to reset. The remotes seem to lose their pairing randomly and must be re-paired (that in itself requires all 10 of the other fans to be manually turned off, so they don't also pair with the remote). I replaced the supplied batteries, just in case they were the problem, but no luck.

Worst product ever. If the problem persists, we're going to send the entire lot back and request a full refund.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

May I ask whether Mercator fixed the fans eventually or not?
I wouldn't say they've fixed them. They've now replaced 6 under warranty since we installed them. Honestly, they look good and are dead silent, but the controllers are an extremely poor design. They often lose the remote pairing if the fan is turned off at the wall while it's operating. For us, that's massively annoying because I have to walk around and turn all the others off in order to re-pair the fan and remote.Thanks for the advice

How do I replace the 'globe' when the light has stopped working? The fan still works but the light does not.
I don't think you can replace "globe" in a LED lamp, usually a LED lamp can last for 20000 to 50000 hours depends on usage and design, therefore it will last up to 10 years or more.

CategoryCeiling Fans