Mercedes-Benz B-Class

Mercedes-Benz B-Class (2005-2019)

Also referred to as: Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2018 and Mercedes-Benz B-Class 2020. W246, W245, W247

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

costly mistakeMelbourne

Costly service and repairs

Purchased in February 2017.

BoughtUsed
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

2019 Mercedes B class

Can anyone tell me why the only 2019 Australian model now available is the B180 despite the B200 and B250 being available in Europe.
Asked a Mercedes dealer who did not really know himself.

Purchased in September 2014.

Year2014

Be aware of low ground clearance

Many good things about it, but just be aware of the lowest ground clearance ever. In some places you can find it reported as being 190mm, in some others 134mm - 190mm, I just know that it hits to any small speed bump, hole, rock or when starting riding on a uphill. Nothing you can't deal with if driving in city, but a big ask for anything else.

Purchased in June 2015.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Hils

HilsHobart

Love it

The absolutely perfect car for us. Just some of the things that i love that others may not mention (mostly female stuff). It's small so fits in our narrow driveway without problems and I love the dipping passenger side mirror when backing. The height of the car/seats are perfect to get in and out of for my back - not or low or high. Really really comfortable seats, huge boot and it looks beautiful!!! The white is just gorgeous - a slight creamy white

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Brissie B180Brisbane

Mercedes quality! Not a single problem!

Great family car. My wife's daily driver, bought used from Mercedes 3 years ago. Now up to 100000km. Normal family usage. Absolutely nothing has failed or broken. My only complaint is that the rear wiper is a bit noisy and that I think that it's a little under-powered. A B200 next time, maybe?

Engine Size1.7
Brissie B180

Still no problems- now with 135K on the clock!

Brissie B180

After 8 years and 145K, the original Varta battery just failed. 8 years of- mainly- wife daily driving use. Brilliant.

s sydney

s sydneysydney

Practical car

The B class is the best blend of practicality and passenger-friendliness – sure, it’s probably the least exciting to drive, but if you’re after a pragmatic, price-friendly choice, this is it. Fuel consumption was great esp when I am on cruise control (hence this is great for our weekend road trips)

David

DavidSydney

2012 Mercedes B180

madcatter

madcatter

BadgeB180 CDI

I love this beautiful car it drives like a REAL MERCEDES. It is so smooth when turning and accelerates beautifully! I just love it!

Nothing of course

michael l.

michael l.asked

service intervals and cost

Hello Michael,
Our 180B has 50,000kms on the clock and so far it has cost us $1700 to fix an oil leak. A foreign car repair place in Richmond, Victoria, claimed it needed 8 hours labour, which I find hard to believe but because they told us it was dangerous to drive we paid it. Two weeks later the thermostat broke down and that cost $1300 and we were told that it breaks down at about 40,000kms. A normal grease and oil is $600 if you go to the Mercedes shops. Be aware that you do not need to go to a Mercedes workshop even if your car is still under warranty. You can choose to have your car repaired anywhere you like and the warranty will still be valid.
Normally you would have a service every twelve months or at 30,000kms, but I would not recommend having the work done by any Mercedes repair shops as they just rip you off. The foreign car repair shop in Richmond was not much better, so if you intend to buy a Mercedes, you should see if you can line up a mechanic who knows the make and is also honest. We now have an honest repair shop on the Gold Coast where we have relocated, and I can only recommend that you be very careful if you intend to deal with any of the luxury car workshops, particularly the Fairfield and Richmond workshops in Victoria.

Doug 4907asked

Can anyone tell me how the interior storage space with rear seats folded down, compares with that of the Honda Jazz?

dogbert

This can be easily Googled and answers are readily available out there. However I can answer this rather quickly as I was looking at a Honda Jazz for a daily run about 2 years ago. Luggage space for the Jazz with the magic seat configuration etc is only 884 litres at its max, whereas the B-class is 1545 litres. Opening aperture of the boot of the B class is also larger as is the internal height which is important for big items.

Doug 4907

I did Google but it seems my ability is limited.

Thank you dogbert for your answer.

Knotere Eever

Knotere Eeverasked

b180 speed sensor in CVT needs replacing after only 65klms. I see that in the UK they also had problems at 37Kmiles and many of those have been repaired by Mercedes . Is or has there been a repair program or recall on this problem in Aust?

Get an answer from our members and Mercedes-Benz representatives