Mercedes-Benz B-Class B180 W246

Mercedes-Benz B-Class B180 W246 (2012-2018) Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Doug 4907asked

B180 W246 (2012-2018)

Can anyone tell me how the interior storage space with rear seats folded down, compares with that of the Honda Jazz?

dogbert

This can be easily Googled and answers are readily available out there. However I can answer this rather quickly as I was looking at a Honda Jazz for a daily run about 2 years ago. Luggage space for the Jazz with the magic seat configuration etc is only 884 litres at its max, whereas the B-class is 1545 litres. Opening aperture of the boot of the B class is also larger as is the internal height which is important for big items.

Doug 4907

I did Google but it seems my ability is limited.

Thank you dogbert for your answer.

edward

edwardasked

B180 W246 (2012-2018)

Has anyone had a tailgate issue, not locking?

dogbert

Best you go to your car dealership to sort this out but this happened to our previous B class after someone rear ended the car and it had to be repaired. Guess the tailgate was removed but it couldn't be put back as good as when it came from the factory. I understand that other common causes would be parking on an incline, e.g. half the car on the footpath which causes body flex.

Yuanita P

Yuanita Pasked

B180 W246 (2012-2018)

Hi I have a B180 2015, bought it as a demo. now it is 25,000ks and I hear the rattling coming from front right wheel every time I drive. my mechanic said it is sway bearing rubber has worn off. Is there anyone having the same problem?

dogbert

Never had the issue myself to be honest. Assuming that you did nothing that would cause the wear problem, then it's best to get it fixed if it's still under warranty considering you bought a MY2015 car. However if you're out of warranty and assuming that you've always had your car serviced at MB, then I suggest you negotiate hard with the dealer.

Loz
Loz

Not me - and hopefully never will ! Sounds like the mechanic is correct. Poor demonstration of a 'so called ' marque such as Merc !! Certainly get on to the dealer and have it sorted AT NO CHARGE !! They should also throw in a courtesy car - TO SAY THE LEAST !

Hendrik

Hendrikasked

B180 W246 (2012-2018)

I bought a B180. It came standard with the sunroof. On the open road with the roof closed at 100km/h there seems to be a lot of wind noise over the car. More than normal. My daughter has a Holden Barina and it seems to be quieter at speed than the Merc which I find very frustrating. Has anyone else have similar issues?

Graeme
Graeme

We have a B 200 with a sunroof we don't have any noise at all the only thing I can suggest is that the sun roof is fully closed

CX
CX

No issues with my sunroof and I have had from Jan 2013 - so almost 3 years. I would ask the dealership to check the seals for you if it was a factory sunroof.

See all Mercedes-Benz B-Class questions