45Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Mercedes-Benz C-Class

45Mercedes-Benz C-Class
3.8

65%16%19%
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.

PaulSerino
PaulSerinoSeaford3 posts

Great Car

I use my car everyday driving to work, I have owned many different cars in my time, but nothing is like Mercedes. The Drive is very very smooth, the car is sturdy and has great turning circle. I would recommend this car, will probably go for an E-class next car.

Paul B
Paul B
domw
domwPerth, WA41 posts
Karen M
Karen MAU2 posts
  Verified C250

Great Car but DONT TRUST MERCEDES BENZ Warranty and Servicing

I write this to warn all parties out there toget everything in writing. Failed to honor our servicing despite massive problems in 3 years. Now, a $3k servicing bill and Mercedes are "non responsive". We will take it further but please please ask questions so you are not like us.

Boots
Boots2 posts

Run flat tyres

I purchased the car as a demo in 2016 and I have replaced the tyres twice. The life of run flat tyres is less than 20,000 klms in my case and I believe more publicity needs to be given to this major deficit in an otherwise beautiful car. I believe many others drivers on run flat tyres are also experiencing the same poor tyre performance. I do not believe run flat tyres are fit for purpose on Australian roads. $2000/year on tyres alone is a big hit. Am I right or wrong?

Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC48 posts

C220 cdi

Great car very comfortable nice and very easy to drive great on economy and a lot of simple to use features. Don’t be fooled this is a very easy car to service for a DIY person Oil and filter change every 15k and it will go for ever it’s 10 years old and still a great car to drive . The only problem we’ve had is a injector seal leaked and it’s common on number two cylinder easy fix

LCPR
LCPRmelbourne11 posts
  C250 d

Great styling but the worst ergonomics for the seats

Performance is good .. matter of selecting the "sport" mode which increases the revs before gear change.

Dashboard layout is good but the reversing camera in my model 2016 is very basic. Big doors being only 2 door can be difficult to get out on an incline. Service costs are the typical Merc. robbery. Does aroun 7kms to the litre on a good run.

THE SEATS are the worst I have ever had in a car ... limited height adjustment due to the sunroof .. on long trips it is hell for the driver. Have owned the C180/C180 coupe/C200 and this is the worst car of all of them for seating ... Took it back to Merc to complain and their comment was that is what you paid for !!

CM
CMSydney10 posts
jjmmav
jjmmav43 posts
Ann
Annhobart17 posts

Good solid car

Obviously being a merc the purchase price was large and the petrol and service cost are too. That aside it is a well built responsive car with some great features. Above all it is safe and reliable. I previously had a c180 coupe which was three years old. It was also a very attractive car but once my grand child came along the two doors were not practical.

TONY
TONYGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts
  Verified C250

Love the car

Bought a 2015 C250 Bluetec with full options, luxury and economic to run. The only issue is the engine quite noisy but you can't hear much when all the windows are up. Recommend the car to any of my friends. AMG options, vision and comfort options are highly recommend .

Yvonne D
Yvonne DSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

Started off as such a wonderful drive but after a few years there was a problem with the engine. One of the engine parts (we learned) was known to fail over time. The cam shaft adjuster for the m271 engine is made from cast iron and it’s operation against the single-row steel timing chain causes the teeth to wear prematurely. The teeth can break off. This can lead to dangerous and serious engine damage. It cost $10 000 to fix. The component design has since been changed and is not a problem in new vehicles. Will never buy Mercedes again. Very let down.

BenW
BenWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  C300

Nice car But not perfect

Nice car to drive and to look at. It not a performance sport car, it perfect for cruising around.

Rear seats for child only. Boot space is OK for its class.

Electriconics has issues. I have air suspension and it wouldn’t raise up. Stop start function not active most times as battery never charged enough.

Running cost yet to find out (only had car for 12months), all repairs were covered by warranty.

HG
HGSydney, NSW11 posts
Jae
JaeMelbourne5 posts
  Verified C250 CDI
Grazier
GrazierSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Flawed perfection

Beautiful car to drive. Very expensive car to own. I have a Kia Sorento of the same age, the Kia servicing costs around 1/3 that of the MB C 250 CDI we have. With only 50,000km the front brakes are worn out, the Kia's are still like new, and some of the MB interior has not worn as well as the Kia. Both cars are used similarly and garaged. The Kia is a better car for long trips, it has a higher driving position and takes more stuff. While the MB performance and handling are well ahead of the Kia at legal speeds this is not an issue.

Ashwini Sharma
Ashwini SharmaSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
Edelwina Lazaroff
Edelwina LazaroffSydney, NSW7 posts

Great car

My husband bought our Mercedes benz c250 in February 4,2017 from a car retailer in campbelltown. And I would say that this car is really amazing, as there is a 360 degrees camera which you would not find in other cars. This car is a bit pricey but it's really worth .The fuel is thrifty but the parts is expensive as we had an accident while travelling from Brisbane to Sydney and hit a kangaroo and guess the headlight was broken and it cost a 5300k to replace and fix the bumper. But thanks to insurance. And also it takes a while to fix it but they ordered the parts from overseas. But other than that this car is really great inside and outside.

azreal
azrealSydney, NSW16 posts
James B
James BMelbourne5 posts
  S204

great car - fuel efficient and comfortable

car handles well and is quiet on the road, but doesn't have much power.

i dislike the radio controls, they're quite difficult to use with a control knob in the centre console

car has been reliable and cheap to maintain and run (fuel and servicing)

car also takes ULP 95 octane fuel which is a bit expensive

RoR
RoRAlbury4 posts
  C200

Just check the smile on my face

I bought this car with fear and trepidation because of cost if parts and the new technology that this car has. Well I am very happy and impressed with this so called old man car. In fact, I cannot wait to get home 700kms away to drive it.

I can work on some parts. I love the solid little body. I love the cruise control.

The only critism is the seats which are rather hard on the derriere. But just try and wipe the smile off my face. Just you try.

Review: I have had it for a year and did an oil change. Easy to do. Just changed sparkplugs, also nice easy job. Still smiling

KWL
KWL4 posts

Good drive

Love our C200, it has turned into our family car, fits 2 car seat in perfectly. Loving the performance of the car, the car is very quiet when we drive on the highway. Running cost is quite low compared to our previous car. One of the dislike about this car is without voice control which is very common among new cars.

lucas
lucasmelbourne4 posts

just love it

i bought the C250 coupe together with the AMG package. The AMG package makes this vehicle stand out from the regular C250s and improves handling and performance; particularly around tight curves and corners. it's just a perfect car that so easy to drive. it has the looks and all safety features you would ever need

antony
antony

my best mercedes

my c 200 is 18 years old,cannot sell this car as it is just too good to drive,feels very solid.have not spent any money on my car,milage is still low at 88000 kmand it still looks like new,as I have added new grill, and new digital rear lights.i also like the radio and CD player,and a tape player.i don't know when it will become a classic. I have owned two cars for a long period this one ,and a BMW 525 which had for 22 years,

combat
combatSydney, NSW12 posts
Peter-k
Peter-kGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC34 posts

Missholly1234
Missholly1234Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC36 posts
  Verified C204

Absolutely love my car !!!

I love my Mercedes...it is such a safe car to drive , handles well on wet roads , also gravel roads ( if necessary )

It is extremely economical costing average of $40.00 weekly for VPower Shell petrol.

Interior ...lovely black leather comfortable seats ...with plenty of leg room for backseat passenger ...a rarity for a two door car..

The dashboard is easy to read , and the car runs quietly ....a pleasure to own and drive !

Big AL
Big ALGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  C200

Car is good but not great

Fell in love with the new sleek look of the exterior over the traditional sedan, interior wise design is great but seats in the c200 are very uncomfortable.. For a 70K+ plus i would expect to have genuine leather seats, the seats are just a little too hard for my liking.

Everything else with the car we love!

C. ANDERSEN
C. ANDERSENSouth East Queensland, QLD101 posts
dbl
dblMelbourne16 posts

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

The steering is so precise. So easy to drive. Interior is exceptional..10/10.. Would recommend this car to anyone.. Absolutely love it!!! Very spacious inside , its so comfortable, l could live in it. Definitely would recommend all the options though to experience sheer luxury. If l could rate 10 stars l would!!!

Show details ·  1

Gordon
GordonSydney4 posts

Superb car! Love it!

The handling, performance, and features are all A1. It is a stunning looking vehicle that gets lots of compliments.

Very comfortable and very easy to drive. Perfect reliability so far, with no niggles or problems.

Reasonable service costs and Mercedes Benz customer care second to none. They really make you feel special.

Ced N
Ced NGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts
  C250

A perfect car with all the bells and whistles

C250 AMG sports pack. A great car to drive,has the looks and has all the safety features you would ever need. Economical and quiet, the interior is like a planes cockpit, the sound system is pure quality. The heated seats ,sunroof and seat comfort package are a dream. Would highly recommend.

D Day
D DaySydney, NSW17 posts

Love My Car

Diesel engine an absolute gem, powerful yet frugal.luxury at its best. High tech, almost makes driver redundant but paradoxically a great driver's car.5.1 litres per 100 kms whilst 0 to 100 in 7.1 seconds.

A real head turner especially with the AMG wheels, and the panoramic sun roof gives the interior lots of light.

J F C
J F CCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts
  C180

Safe and reliable

A good comfy roomy small family car that housed my wife & kids in a safe manner mechanically sound, easy to service plenty of parts available. Like most things that go round, regular servicing a must, 346000 KLM later was still going well and sold it on to a very happy party.

SandyG
SandyGSouth Brisbane224 posts
tim
tim
  C200

Nice but not what it should be

Very nimble and enough power but gearbox feels nervous and just doesn't quite deliver that European luxury car feel. Handles well but doesn't feel sure footed. Run flat tyres are a disaster if you get stuck somewhere a decent distance from a tyre shop, especially on a long weekend. The computer is very slow to navigate. Nice styling and great seats. All in all I went from an Audi Quattro which was quite a bit older to this and expected to be pleasantly surprised but wasn't...although I reminisced on what a great car it was when I drove a new Camry!

Not again.
Not again.Gotham12 posts

Good car

Great in most respects, I would strongly suggest getting a few options, not cheap but well worth them.

Intelligent LED lights...they make country driving much better.

Air suspension.... I didn't get this but wish I had, not for sporty driving but more control over speed humps and steep driveways you can raise it to stop the scape.

Intelligent cruise control.....great not only country driving but city traffic works perfect to take some stress away.

The Diesel engine is very good, Syd to Melb shout 4.6Lt/100 klm and no smell, hardly any diesel noise.

Blake03
Blake03Sydney, NSW10 posts
JustAntsy
JustAntsyMid North Coast, NSW22 posts
  C250

If you buy a new C Class, check your wheel alignment

I have a 2014 C250 BlueTEC. After 17,000km the front Continental tyres needed replacing. This was due to an incorrect wheel alignment at delivery. This is not covered under warranty. After 22,000km the rear tyres needed replacing also. If you buy a new C Class, check your wheel alignment. It saves a big bill.

Aldo
AldoSydney, NZ2 posts
  C180 Kompressor

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.