Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253

GLC 250, GLC 250 d, GLC 43, etc...

• Braking
  • Features
Not an M-B fan

Not an M-B fanSouthwest, VIC

2nd biggest piece of crap to wear the 3 pointed star

Unfortunately, our daily driver which needs to be left in the garage.
Terrible front tyre skip which M-B claims is a feature? I have read the brochure and can’t find any information on “this feature”. Local dealer claimed that front tyres were wearing ok at 9400 kms and at 11000 kms front tyres are scrubbed out. If you are considering buying one of these vehicles make sure that you drive it for an extended period. Like days, not hours.
Was offered an X3 M40 for $10,000 less and should’ve taken up the offer.
Also, be aware that you can’t fit a set of golf clubs in the boot sideways. You will need to fold down one of the rear seats.

Purchased in December 2019.

Ron

RonSydney, NSW

Front wheels crabbing, excess wear on tyres

Purchased in April 2019.

Geoff Bertram

Geoff BertramSydney, NSW

Wheel juddering engineering fault & excessive tyre wear

Purchased in May 2017 at Mercedes-Benz Dealers for $108,000.00.

Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Greg Q

Greg QSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a triumph of style over substance. POS.

Purchased in October 2018.

SheikMaroubra

As soon as warranty finished auxiliary battery died

I have been loving this car and enjoying for last 3 years. Loved everything except the wheel juddering which Mercedes completely refused to acknowledge. Right after 3 years and 1 week auxiliary battery dies .costing me $600 to fix. I have requested Peter Warran to help me and lodge a warranty claim they have refused. I have sent a message to Mercedes Facebook looks like they are considering to give me a refund. It’s been 3 weeks and I am yet to receive any communication about it. Update I have received a refund .Shop was shocking but head office helped me

Purchased in January 2017 at Peter Warran for $90,000.00.

Good lord

Good lord

Money’s worth?

Beautiful car inside out,but hate the car without the gear stick and it is soo bumpy,meaning the ride is actually terrible on slightest road bumps.
And yes I have also experienced Tyre skipping on full turns.
If you are used to a gear stick then you will find yourself looking for it evertime !!

Purchased in March 2016 for $83,000.00.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tyre skipping severe

Best car ever is I did not have to turn... Round abouts or tight turns serious tyre skipping. It feels dangerous, very loud and not fun to drive. What should be my dream car is definitely the worse car I have ever driven. Mercedes is try to pass this off as "characteristics of the car", NO Mercedes its called defective. As I said big shame as the rest of the car is really nice...Very sad!

Purchased in June 2019 at Berwick Motor Group.

Helix

Helix

Severe Tyre Skipping....

Great car, however....
The car has developed after only 5000km a severe tyre skipping, after only 8000km the dealer told me the tyres are worn and I should change it. The skipping is so bad, that passenger feel unsafe and people turn heads. The tyre skipping happens when you steer sharp and at low speeds, for example into a parking lot. Mercedes says it is a characteristic of the car and nothing wrong with it! Not aaceptable for a $120k. GLC43

BadgeGLC43
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJune 2017
Drive4WD
Breamo

BreamoSydney

The test drive I did.. the front tyre skip

BadgeGLC43
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJune 2017
Midsize / Medium SUVs

See all Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 reviews

ronn64

ronn64asked

GLC-Class X253

Just recently purchased glc250 2019 but glc43 radiator grille look nicer than mine. Can i change my glc250 radiator grille with glc43 , does it need modification and will it revoked my glc250 warranty?

Miklysha
Miklysha

In my understanding these grilles are not interchangeable, at least that's what my dealer told me. But you can get one from a secondary market, although it won't be a native MB product, it will look identical. I thought of changing it on my C43 (to panamericana style) but for the aforementioned reasons decided that it's too much risk, as after all you are messing with a car and it's not guaranteed that everything will work as expected as the part is not from MB.

I was going to order my new grille from “CHROMETEC. GmbH” - a German company. You can search for them online. They have a good support team who can tell you which grille to order.

Emma

Emmaasked

GLC-Class X253

Does anyone have any issues with car rolling back? When I’m on a hill in drive and come to a full stop without doing the foot brake.. the car rolls back.. my car is 2019gcl 200..

Ian Lasked

GLC-Class X253

I am in the process of purchasing a MY2017 X253 GLC 250. I am wondering why so many complain about front wheel skipping on turning when the owner of the vehicle I am purchasing complained strenuously to MB and had this problem fixed under warranty. Surely such a reputable company would have rolled this fix out to all cars exhibiting the problem?
Ian L, Canberra

Ian
Ian

On my 4 matic model, once the tyres were changed the problem went aware.

Sheik

Mercedes Benz does not acknowledge that . So no fix under warranty . Problem becomes bigger in winter for some reason but it is not a huge issue really . This is a fantastic car . I got amg suspension it is very bad quality .when you turn car moves side to side few times .

Ian L

Mine has air suspension and I look forward to trying it out when COVID restrictions ease and I can take delivery.

See all Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 questions

Compare all 7 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253
Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 GLC 200
  • Discontinued

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 GLC 200

No reviews yet
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $68,492$79,246$81,677$100,242
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolDieselDiesel
Wheels19" Alloy20" Alloy20" Alloy20" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption7.2 L/100km7.2 L/100km5.7 L/100km6.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 66 L66 L66 L66 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.1L6 Cylinder 3.0L
Max Power135kW @ 5500rpm155kW @ 5500rpm150kW @ 3800rpm190kW @ 3400rpm
Max Torque300Nm @ 1200-4000rpm350Nm @ 1200-4000rpm500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm620Nm @ 1600-2400rpm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 7 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253