See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great car, pity about the smell.

Had the smelly aircon, Dealer said it was not their problem. I took out the internal filters and let the windows down when parked up in garage. This smell only happens in summer, otherwise I love this car.

Purchased in April 2018 for $85,000.00.

BoughtNew
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Too many product failures.

A vehicle 2014 ML400 that was just outside its Warranty period (3 years) starts to have some considerable product failures. Radiator, Air Suspension, Shock Absorber and Timing Chain. There was a Technical Services Bulletin from Mercedes Benz, about the failure of the Timing Chain, however the Australian Business chose not to apply it to the local vehicles. Instead, they tried VERY hard to make me pay for the timing chain replacement. They also wanted to charge me a labour rate of $275 per hour to do the work. I pushed back very very hard and it was only because of my insistence, that MB ended up paying. However, they were very rude and arrogant. 3 years warranty does not support their claims of product quality. KIA and other car manufacturers are providing 5 year warranty. - Clearly they have a better manufacturing capability, yielding better product quality. Mercedes do not make cars like they once did. (yes, I should/could have written this review earlier, when the problems were occurring)

Purchased in August 2014.

BoughtNew
Year2014
Clarification: The warranty period was 3 years. The problems started to occur just outside of the 3 year time frame.

Best car I have ever owned.

After three years ( and 62000kl ) I can easily comment that it is the best car I have ever owned ( After several Subaru Liberty Wagons ).
I would first like to address several falsehoods.
1. Servicing. Up to 75000kl the service costs of a diesel Mercedes is approximately the same cost as a diesel Subaru ( ~$2400 ) ( Go and check both websites for fixed service costs to 75kl ). Car has been service where it was bought at my local country dealer (Warrnambool VIC ) and the way I have been treated has been equal to the treatment at a 5* hotel. Always given a near new loaner car ( one a 800kl C Class ).
2. Reliability. The car went into limp mode to do a Particulate Filter burn. Still driveable ( towing a trailer ) but speed reduced. When started next day all was per normal. Other than this there have been no problems at all.
3. Tyres and Brakes. Tyres replaced at 45000kl before a trip to QLD. Could have pushed to near 50000kl otherwise. Brake pads at 70% at 3 year service. Towing a trailer about 20% of that distance would have some effect.
4. Fuel Economy. Driving sedately and sticking to the 100klm speed limit with two passenger I regularly get less than the stated average fuel economy of 6.6kl per 100kl. And as the speedo is 100% accurate ( as tested by several Phone GPS Speedo Apps ) that is an a real world figure, not a pie in the sky figure that most manufacturers state based on their speedos being between 5% to 10% over stated.
My average total fuel consumption is showing 7.4kl / 100 klm over the last 26000kls. ( That includes many early morning country speeds trips loaded up for craft markets towing a trailer )
5. Depreciation. My depreciation costs on my last two Subaru were about $8000 a year over 3 years. That is about the same as the quoted trade in price I got at the 3 year service.

General owner feelings:
As a vehicle the ML rides and handles as one would expect a luxury car to do. It real does feel as strong as a tank.
Have done two 12+ hour drives going to QLD from VIC and have had no problems with my back, which was one of the main reason I bought a European car. I found the Subaru seats ended up putting my back out on long trips.
After three years the interior and exterior look like new. ( Unfortunately the rims have too many scratches as the standard Dunlop tyres offer little protection. )

CONCLUSION: Looking forward to the new 2019 GLE arriving!

BadgeML250
Date PurchasedNov 2015
Drive4WD

Awesome family car!

Honestly the nicest SUV to drive, driven everyday with two kids under 5.
Really fuel efficient, even around town. Purchased as a used vehicle from a Mercedes-Benz dealership. The 2 year warranty was a bonus. The only issue we have had was the AdBlue heating element. Luckily warranty covered the costs. Only negative is the brakes and tyres ware quicker than normal, but it’s expected with SUV’s.
Holding out for the new GLE with the third row option. Recommended highly for someone in the market for a family vehicle, super safe and drives amazingly.

BadgeML250
LineBlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sports
DriveAWD

Disappointing and problem prone car

Bought in 2017 (MY16). Compared to its competitors, this car has great features, but that's where it ends. It's diesel, and drives great, but there are too many problems lurking in my car since owning. Most problems are fixed at time of writing. Needless to say, this will be my first and last time owning a MB.

When I first bought my car, the boot button was stuck causing the boot to not set the height correctly causing the tailgate to rise and bump the garage door. This was brought back to Mercedes the day after delivery of the vehicle, so I already had my doubts.

The next problem was the tailgate could not open automatically, and would require external assistance (I.e. I would have to manually pull/nudge the tailgate roughly 1cm to open). This problem was brought to Mercedes attention within a couple months of ownership, and kept coming back every couple months. The tailgate was finally fixed (Hopefully) on its annual service, where it was also delivered to the Mercedes body shop for a couple days. Since, this problem has spontaneously occurred a couple times, and cannot be replicated for the mechanics to see.

The next problem is probably my biggest, if not second biggest problem with the car. After less than 6 months of ownership, the car's air conditioning system began to pump out repugnant fumes. This smell is produced every time the car is started. Every passenger who has entered the vehicle cannot believe that this new car would produce a smell so revolting when compared to their own old cars. It has since become a joke between friends and family as the poo car (to put it nicely). I have taken it back to MB, who say it would cost roughly $600 to fix (mind you this is less than 6 months old at this stage, and 4 months when we noticed the smell), and not claimable under warranty. Also, as the filter is changed every 2-3 years under service, I have to live with this smell until early 2019. The smell alone is so noxious that I am honestly contemplating on switching cars.

The next problem which occurred this year (2017) was that when driving upto 110km/ h, the car's bonnet sensor would act up, causing all sorts of alarms to go off. This was a daunting experience as this is the last thing you expect when you're traveling 110km/h. I took it back to MB who then fixed the problem overnight.

Other small problems and grievances that arose in this car during ownership are:
- sunroof button began to fracture (yes you read that right)
- sunroof would not fully open and would only nudge a couple centimeters. Had to fully close the sunroof to "reset" its position. Manage to record this and show to dealers.
- car would not change past 4th gear even when doing 80km/h. Yes the car was in auto, and no, the car could not be switched to manual even through the paddles and "M" button.

If you can look pass these issues (I can't because of the smell), I did like the way the car drives, its responsive engine/throttle, the ride comfort, and of course the star badge. What a shame that it earned itself a poo like reputation between friends and family. I generally keep my cars between 5 to 10 years, but I think I will let this car go at the end of this year (after two years of ownership). If I had known of these issues before buying this car, I would have definitely gone else where, and would advise other potential buyers to rethink their decision.

BadgeGLE 250 d 4MATIC
LineD
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great car all round, including brilliant for caravan towing

Bought new from dealer with the Designo and air suspension package. Must be the only one towing a 8m caravan with it and certainly have turned a few heads and frequently opens discussions with caravanners. The interior even now, at 3 years old - absolutely magnificent and has a good luxury feel to it. 360 camera, adaptive cruise, lane departure etc all add to a great drive. The interactive command system is now a bit outdated and not as smart as the newer ones, but still does the job well. The ride comfort is just brilliant. As we just had crossed 3 years, had been looking around in the market to trade for a new ride, but nothing compared favorable on ride and overall comfort to the ML350. I am frequently towing including long distance and this car is a dream for doing so and makes light work of up or down roads. Fuel efficiency is 7.5lt on country driving - and a bit more for my wife who is more heavy footed. When towing 2100kg - the fuel when towing country highways is sitting at 15lt/100km, 4 pax driving at 100km/hr and I consider that good economy. Actually made us place our trade in plans on hold for the time because we can not find any new SUV to be better in a similar price bracket. Just out of warranty, had a add-blue tank/heater issue and although all incl new sensors, was quoted at over 7k, MB Goldcoast worked with MB Australia and repaired it under warranty. Overall, not just the car has been a pleasure, so has dealing with MB Goldcoast who have made every visit a pleasure and welcoming occasion.

BadgeML350
LineDesigno
Date PurchasedDec 2014

A great car now even better

We had the previous ML250 which was a great car, it had a few warranty issues that were fixed outside of warranty (thank you Mercedes). The GLE 2017 is noticeably smoother and seems more powerful down the lower gears thanks to the new 9 speed transmission. The updates with tech and safety which include collision alert and lane departure are a major improvement. As always, the fit and finish, quality carpets and plastics and thick paint are what you pay for. You may pay more upfront but this is reflected in resale. All these attributes is what keeps consumers coming back.

BadgeGLE 250 d 4MATIC

Fantastic AWD!

I'm the 3rd owner of a May 2008 build ML320 CDi diesel. 10/10 in every respect except ... yes, the front bucket seats. What was Mercedes thinking? Nissan make more comfortable seats than this marque. Why? Lack of lateral support, sore bum. Problem completely solved with a pair of custom pure lambwool seatcovers. Now brilliant!

All Mercedes common rail diesel engines are detuned (because not everyone commits to ontime servicing or uses premium diesel fuel, so I went to Coolum Motors (see Steve) and have him do a custom tune (remap, no piggy back needed). You won't believe the extra power and driveability. The 7 speed gearbox is now smooth and it revs right out smoothly and effortlessly.

Exhaust emissions and diesel smell is noticeably reduced and exhaust output is now dark brown with a hint of carbon and not filthy black as was the case. Best $1500 I've ever spent. Worth it if you're hanging onto your Merc. We are! Torque is up from 510Nm to just over 600Nm. A custom remap by an experienced technician will not shorten engine life - provided the computer combustion re-map is done properly and with care.

Another tip: Buy only BP Ultimate if you can. It doesn't bust dirt in 2 tanks BUT it does keep things running smoothly under the bonnet and BP Diesel fuel has a slightly higher octane rating than Caltex. I also use a small amount of ProMa DT5 fuel treatment to keep everything running sweet. You'll notice the difference.

Also, ensure that at each 15 000km service that your mechanic thoroughly cleans the inlet ports to remove as much of the carbon deposits as possible. Diesel engines gulp air and if the intakes are restricted (like human arteries), then the driving experience will be rather lack lustre. Cleaned regularly your ML will drive like new again.

I love quality engineering and when the vehicle was new would have cost $106k. I paid $46K 5 yrs later and feel I've got a bargain. Depreciation is a vertical dive with luxury European cars so now will only buy good used vehicles.

If you have one of these well sorted AWDs and care for it, you'll enjoy many years of satisfying motoring.

Purchased in May 2013.

Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort
210 000kms and still going like a train. Very happy with my investment and will keep it going as long as possible. Not an SUV you want to trade in for a new model. Mercedes got this particular model sorted nicely. Would strongly recommend an ECU tune up to virtually eliminate turbo lag. Excellent torque for towing and smooth acceleration.

Great car would buy again

We had the ml amg for around three years till we trade in.
We found the car perfect for our family of 4.
Performance amazing and the handling to match.
Fuel little heavy but as expected.
We always felt safe and secure in the ml and that's why we purchased.
Should of had a touch screen as others car had but didn't.
The heated seats where great with the option to turn on wife's seat on a hot day.
Tyres expensive and rims protruding tyres are never a good idea.
I would buy again even with the above minor things.
Didn't purchase new shape as don't like the coupe look.
Matt.

BadgeML63
LineAMG Sports
TransmissionAutomatic

Reversing sensor not working properly at all

I bought new GLE 350D, which is new model of ML350D. Everything is great, except reversing radar. The sensors don't beep until one inch close to object, which is too late. I rang the Mercedes and brought car back. They simple say all fine, that is what they are like in Mercedes. Unbelievable.

LineSports Luxury
TransmissionAutomatic

Love the comforts like heated seats, torque, handles well. Down side easy to forget the stalks on th

Great car, handles well, love the heated seats, very powerful, looks good. Downside easy to forget the stalks on the right near the steering wheel are gears not indicators especially if you're on the freeway doing 100 km and you indicate left it puts car in neutral. Bluetooth can't connect to music on iPhone need to buy special adaptor.Software in car out dated.

BadgeML 300 CDI
LineSpecial Edition

Keeping getting problems

I bought a ML250 from a friend just before 3 years warranty ran out. Got it fully checked by Dealer just before 3 years warranty.

But two months later, I kept getting big problems, Seat belt faulty, which costed me more than 2K. (the problem was already identified by the previous owner, but the melbourne dealer didn't pick it up). The engine can suddenly turn off when we stop before a red light, and was told by the dealer that it was fuel pump problem. After complaining to dealer, they agreed to cover most of cost of it and I would pay $250 for it. Then the LED and computer system was not working and the buttons are not responding at all. the dealer upgraded the computer system.

Just a week after I got my car from dealer, the light of "engine diagnosis" is on. Very very disappointed. I really regret that I ddin't buy extended warranty.

I owned the car for 6 months only, average I went to dealer once a month for this and that problems. Can't trust the quality of Mercedes-Benz.

I have owned many second hand toyota corolla, camry and RAV4 for many years, and never had any problems. But with the Mercedes-Benz, the problems seem endless. And the service, repair and the parts are much more expensive.

BTW The car drives well.

BadgeML 250

Looks can be deceiving!

Run away folks and never buy an ML350. I assumed since it was German engineered, it would be perfect like the BMW which I've owned several BMWs since the 90s. I chose the 2006 ML350 over the X5 based on being of a more luxurious look. I didn't expect the quality to be that of a $10,000 new vehicle. It was just that, a piece of junk. From the balance shaft issues to the power steering issues to the transmission issues, it never stops. Repairs in the thousands! Saddest part is Mercedes knew about their defective issues and don't stand behind their known defects leaving the customers in a bad way. Shame on Mercedes! I will never buy a Mercedes-Benz again and will stick with BMW always. My Mercedes-Benz SUV piece of junk everyday vehicle is now garaged and I'm forced to drive my weekend BMW M6 as my everyday vehicle until I figure out what to do to get rid of it without taking a huge financial loss but still maintaining my honesty conveying the good, the bad and the ugly which is how I live my life. Mercedes don't care about reputation nor repeat business from loyal customers; they just care about money..

BadgeML 350

ML350 CDI - AMG

Purchased new in 2010, really nice car, optioned with AMG Exterior Pack & Luxury Pack.

After 5 years of ownership have to say pretty disappointed with the reliability of the car, however the car is loverly to drive and has lots of features.

Negatives:
Both rear struts had to be replaced (thankfully under warranty)
Front fog light keeps burning out and melting the lense (Not covered under warranty they say...)
Wheel speed sensors keep failing - different wheels $750 to fix each time - started just after 3 years so no warranty.
Glow plugs now need replacing and it has only done 40k kms. Yes it will cost a lot to fix these too.
Servicing costs are just ridiculous
Tyre wear is just terrible even with alignments
Some exterior parts are now fading and coming off the car (high mount brake light lens)

Positives
Excellent transmission
Nice on the hwy and country roads
Lots of space
Good air con
Nice leather dash board

Overall a good car let down by some quality issues and bad parts.

BadgeML 350 CDI
LineBlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sports

ML 350 4matic 'engine diagnosis' problem

Got a new ML 350 4matic in 2013. Running really smooth in a year. After the first service, have 'engine diagnosis' light on and run really rough. Went to dealer, told me it is petrol problem even I put in #98 from Shell or Caltex. Dealer reset the code and let me go. Unfortunately, this happened 3 times in a month. Dealer still complains the dirty petrol.
Running smooth.
Bad service

BadgeML 350

The benchmark in luxurous SUV

This review is for the W166 post 2012 model and after reading all the positives about this vehicle decided to get one myself. Had this for a while now and it’s time for a review.

You approach the car and what strikes you is the sheer size of it. It is a full sized SUV, wider than some of the prominent Japanese brands, is well-proportioned with a good sized cabin. I love the boxy-ness of the body style as it means you can make good use of the massive boot that will make trips to IKEA a breeze.

The interior was well laid out with all switchgear within easy reach and the command system was intuitive and easy to use, although we originally struggled with the pairing and downloading of contacts from the phone via Bluetooth. The seats were supportive and nicely firm and you could seat 3 adults in the rear comfortably. Build quality is impeccably Mercedes and did not disappoint at all. Sound proofing was very good save for some whistling from the side mirrors at highway speeds. My only complaint of the interior is that somehow Mercedes has decided to change the locations of the stalks on the steering column since all new models launched in 2012. Signal and cruise control stalks are swapped around and the gear level is relocated from the centre console to the right of the steering column. The first few weeks was filled with dramas prior to getting used to the location of the stalks, even for regular owners.

The dealer told me that a 250 diesel would be sufficient for everyday driving and he was right. The engine had plenty of torque and was punchy enough to get it off the line. The first tank of fuel got me nearly 900km, and I am consistently hitting nearly 1000km with about an eighth left (according to the fuel gauge) before I need to visit the servo.

Ride quality is very good and it soaks up the bumps on the road excellently. Sometimes, you tend to forget that you are in a tall car and you need to watch the abrupt steering inputs but otherwise, no complaints on the driving manners of the car.

Overall impression is that this is an excellent car for the price you pay which offers great value compared to other premium marques.
Luxurious, good ride quality, punchy engine with plenty of low down shove and great fuel economy.
Not happy with the multiple stalks on the steering column, can cause you to hit the wrong one.

BadgeML 250
A very interesting read indeed and thank you for the detailed information. I grew up in M-B and, between my father, two brothers and myself, had more than 20 of them. Always reliable. even at very high mileages and very cheap to operate and maintain as spares are relatively cheap. Trim parts are expensive, though, but service items and things such was water hoses, a water pump, etc., was always cheap compared to little 1300 entry level cars! One thing in a Merc that you cannot trust, is that fuel gauge. Fill up to automatic shut-off, don't trickle fill, drive for, say, 800km and fill up the same way and divide distance over litres; it is the only way you will ever know as on-board computers on most brands have been proven inaccurate. As you also cannot trust a Merc's fuel gauge, the traditional method above is the only way to know. One need to go a long distance for greater accuracy and repeat a few times to get an average score.

ML 320 CDI

Great SUV. You have class, power and mid size room.(prado size)
You feel safe punching along at 110kmh+ on most roads. Great features. This one had the distronic cruise control (radar) that slows you down with the brake to keep pace with traffic and then speed you back up when the obsticle is gone. Heaps of gadgets that work well. GPS system is spot on. Rear boot area is a good size.
Cant fault the engineering.

Options are where they get you on a new purchase. Options are too hexy.

BadgeML 320 CDI
Had this fantastic suv for six years tyres need to be changed every 30,000 km.abit soon i think,my main gripe is the hydraulic rear hatch lock sometimes it locks some times it doesn't mercedes , had a new lock replaced recently but still playing up booked in for service again next week.Faultless vehicle, highly recommend firstly on a safety level, beautiful interior and ride, powerful 3.2 lt CDI, excellent fuel economy. Sadly M/Benz servicing department at Melb Airport Express were very dodgy in the labor charges for extensive work done, hence made the decision to sell.It isn't a 3.2 but just a 3-litre. It set new world records as you can read here www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/133537-fun-fact-about-om642-engine.html World record for Mercedes-Benz new V6 turbodiesel OM642 (in E320 CDI) - 100,000 miles at an average speed of 224.823 km/h / 139.696 mph - Record distance equal to four times around the world - Endurance test for the Mercedes E 320 CDI, 30 days of relentless, round-the-clock punishment - Proof of the performance of the diesel particulate filter http://www.whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html

Good

Overall we're happy with the 500 and we just bought a smaller B200 for my wife to scoot around in. Mercedes has been a nice change in out lives. I have not gone off road with it but it does not seem like it was really built for it even though it is considered to be an SUV.
Nice handling, the wipers come on automatically when it starts raining (this surprised me LOL) very comfortable and heated seats. Came with a decent Benz golf bag! Very good looking set of wheels - comfort and class.
The key/door unlocker only works from a short distance. For some reason I cant figure out how to set the phone system up to work with my mobile - I wasn't given any instruction from the dealer.

BadgeML 500

Mercedes Benz ML 320 CDI

The Mercedes ML 320 CDI is an outstanding SUV. Its so smooth to ride in, it has great economy. 8.4 to 9.4 on the highway & around town. Tyres are expensive, especially 18inches but its a Mercedes.
The turning circle is unbelievable for an all wheel drive, park assist, the heating and A/C perform very well.

BadgeML 320 CDI
I put 20 inch rims on it as the 19s on it are expensive to re tyre in Australia. tyres last 25-30 000 kms stdI done 50000 km on my tyres (2 years dirving) I think it was good achivement after I read your comentsOver the past 50 years and after 20+ Mercs, I am left with the impression that these are 20,000 mile cars when it comes to tyres, or roughly 30,000km. One can get more on some tyre types, but then you usually and unknowingly lose out on ride quality. You only realise this when you eventually replace the high-milers and by chance get a better brand. I would rather buy tyres and enjoy enhanced levels of handling, grip and comfort.

Question for Mercedes Benz representatives: Why won't anyone at MB provide a genuine response to customer feedback? (or respond at all?) I have been told numerous times over the years that the problems I have presented are the 'first time' / 'they haven't had these issues before'... clearly that is untrue based on the content of the reports included in the reviews. Refer my review at which provides context: https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/a4d31e7a-b8ec-4cd0-90d4-ba28affeb7a5 Perhaps it is time to head down to the dealership on a weekend and seek some answers.
Can only comment on my experience which has been no problems at all.Thank you for your response. My review is based on experience relevant to the GLE250 not ML Are you a Mercedes Benz representative?Hello, what has actually been happening? I’m not really a representative, but I have worked on Mercedes-Benz’s for over 10 years ( Dealership trained )

Hi, anyone with a 6 year old W164 model? I would like to hear if there were issues with it post warranty. And what the servicing costs might be. Thanks lots.
Hi dogbert, I have a W164 which is a 2005 model 320 CDI and I have had about 30 cars in my life so I had plenty of experience and this is the best car I have ever owned. It's now done 160,000 klm and the only issue I have had was with the stability control when censer in the front left wheel failed. It's so good on fuel, on long trips I get 8.5 to 9 litres per 100 k and around town about 10. It's so powerful and comfortable. I just love to drive it. The servicing varies depending where you get it done. I like to have mine connected to the Mercedes Benz computer for accurate readouts so it cost me between $400 to $800 but that's about every 15,000 k. If buying a secondhand one get it inspected independently. Good luck.Thanks domie48 for the response. It's good to know your experience with yours.Awesome car. I have an 08 ml320 cdi Other then filters, I only ever needed new glow plugs in mine as some had failed. If you find it taking longer to start on cold mornings, this is more then likely the issue. I replaced them my self for under $300.00, Thats the only issue since new. If you do glow plugs yourself be careful removing them as some my be seized (wd40 and warm engine req.) and too much torque on the spanner can $hear them off.

Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 250 d (2015-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 350 d (2015-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 43 (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 500 e (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 63 S (2015-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class C292 GLE 350 d (2015-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class C292 GLE 43 (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class C292 GLE 63 S (2015-2019)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 400 (2015-2016)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class W166 GLE 500 (2015-2016)Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class 292 GLE 450 (2015-2016)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 280 CDI (2007-2009)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 300 CDI (2009-2011)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 320 CDI (2005-2009)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 350 (2005-2011)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 350 CDI (2009-2011)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 500 (2005-2011)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 ML 63 (2006-2011)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W166 ML 250 (2012-2015)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W166 ML 350 (2012-2015)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W166 ML 400 (2013-2015)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W166 ML 500 (2013-2015)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W166 ML 63 (2012-2015)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 270 CDI (2000-2005)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 320 (2000-2003)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 350 (2003-2005)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 430 (2000-2001)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 500 (2001-2005)Mercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 55 (2001-2005)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $102,864$120,083$147,258$142,025$209,732$136,917$158,073$218,972
TransmissionAutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT)AutomaticAutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT)AutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels20" Alloy20" Alloy21" Alloy20" Alloy21" Alloy21" Alloy22" Alloy22" Alloy20" Alloy21" Alloy22" Alloy19" Alloy20" Alloy20" Alloy21" Alloy21" Alloy
Doors5555555555555555
Seats5555555555555555
Fuel Consumption6 L/100km9.1 L/100km11.8 L/100km7.2 L/100km9.8 L/100km11.9 L/100km9.3 L/100km9.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km9.4 L/100km11.8 L/100km11.8 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L93 L70 L93 L93 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.1L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 5.5L6 Cylinder 3.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 5.5L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 4.7L6 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 2.1L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 4.7L8 Cylinder 5.5L
Max Power150kW @ 3800rpm287kW @ 6000rpm430kW @ 5500rpm190kW @ 3400rpm410kW @ 5750rpm430kW @ 5500rpm245kW @ 6000rpm320kW @ 5250rpm270kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 4200rpm245kW @ 6000rpm300kW @ 5750rpm386kW @ 5750rpm
Max Torque500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm520Nm @ 2500-5000rpm760Nm @ 1750-5250rpm620Nm @ 1600rpm700Nm @ 1750-5500rpm760Nm @ 1750-5250rpm480Nm @ 1600-4000rpm700Nm @ 1800-4000rpm520Nm @ 1800-4000rpm500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm480Nm @ 1600-4000rpm600Nm @ 1600-4750rpm700Nm @ 1750-5000rpm
Country of ManufactureUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited StatesUnited States
Safety Features
Extra Features
  • Voice Control
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,265 kg3,265 kg3,265 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,265 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJun 2015Jun 2015Jan 2016Jul 2016Jun 2015Jun 2015Jan 2016Jun 2015Jun 2015Jun 2015Jun 2015Jan 2007Jan 2009Sep 2005Sep 2005Jan 2009Sep 2005Jan 2006May 2012May 2012Jan 2013Jan 2013May 2012Jan 2000Jan 2000Jan 2003Jan 2000Jan 2001Jan 2001
Discontinuation dateDec 2016Dec 2016Dec 2016Dec 2009Dec 2011Dec 2009Dec 2011Dec 2011Dec 2011Dec 2011Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2015Jan 2005Dec 2003Dec 2005Dec 2001Dec 2005Dec 2005