2.9

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.

BeHappyLiveWellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Overall
Noise Level
Performance
Design
val
val

Me and Freddie Merc

It's a bit noisy. Its very reliable. Easy to drive. Gear changes OK. Easy to park and manouver . Made into a camper plenty of room. Needs lining inside as it gets cold at nights. Drove it to Alice Springs and didn't have any troubles. Diesel powered. I quite liked it. Called it Freddie.

paul
paulhowrah tasmania111 posts

Overall a good campervan!

the 2.3litre diesel was way underpowered, the 2.9 in the MB 140D much better,but i bought the 2000 MB140 petrol in 2002, which drank more but had more power, especialy on 95 octane.despite the extra cost, you really should use 95 octane as it improved the fuel consumption too. sold it about 6 years later. the only problem was the inaccurate petrol guage- which mercedes replaced under warranty, but it was still a bit inaccurate. Overall a good camper, ( made by sanyong in korea,although serviced by mercedes}.

Joe
Joe

Cheap but solid

Made my Mercide 100D 2000 made into a camper van. Watertanks stove fridge etc. Done several trips all over Australia. I agree the gears are a poor design and the diesel engine is noisy but it has never let me down. Beginning to show some wear and tear now. I always service the engine when due. It was much cheaper than the Toyota van.

Barnyardgambler
Barnyardgambler6 posts

snowey
snowey

Great work horse

Still going strong 250k +, great work horse, good room in the back for camper or tools, syncro mesh a bit sticky at times if change gear too quickly, bit noisy in cab but all round a very good van, keep the 10k service going and all should be good for many years.

Diamond
DiamondBrisbane Australia

Very good van

I have my mb100 about 5 years doing over 5,000k every month never had any problem with it , its a bit noisy but its good van in general, all you have to do is use good quality oile every 10,000k n you got nothing to worry about

ray
raySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

MB100D = Austin Allegro

This van is bad, I bought it second hand about 4 months ago and it been in the garage 3 times. Its a 2002 model, its long which is good, but rear door is too low. The electrics on this one are terrible and I find it noisy and first and second gears are hard to engage. I have deliveries to do each morning and stress that something else will go wrong with it each day, it could just be this van, but read the other reviews. I owned an Austin Allegro in the UK a while ago and these two vehicles belong in the same place, a Scrapyard.
Its a van
Electrics, gear box, rear door too low and noisy
Tom8237
Tom8237AU

no issues

had mine for over 2 years and it has had n o dramas. it is little noisy for a diesel but it Does a good job and is suited to trade people. larger than most vans and the extra space is valuable. for the price I think these vans are worth considering
fuel efficient, power
Loud engine Show details
guzzigeoff
guzzigeoff

organic
organic

Terrible

I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing the MB100d. We actually purchased it becuase it had low mileage and refrigeration (intsalled by previous owner). But I have also had a gearbox failure and clutch replaced at 100k. Unable to get a fuel pump mod to reduce noise of engine as parts are no longer supplied. I wouldn't be recommending this van to anyone after my experience and reviews of a simlar experience.
comfortable to drive
very noisy. have had continual issue with gears. can no longer get replacement parts
cutitrite
cutitrite

My 2001 MB100D never let me down and I use it hard for building work, I have heard that you must use good oils for it to last.

Graham F.

Anybody know the part number for the power steering hose which runs from the passagers side of the engine towards the back of the vehicle .
Appear to be half a meter of rubber hose then piping

Graham F.

Thanks....if it continues to leak after my repair i will take it to pirtek and get a new hose put on .rang Mercedes no longer stock it same ssang yong..

Graham F.

Metal part of hose from radiator has pinhole in it.problem being it is under the exhaust manifold do i have to remove manifold to get at.
How easy is the metal part to replace. Anyone know the part number..would a clamp be sufficient to fix.thanks

OM661 Diesel 2299cc

Hey!
Any advice on where to get replacement parts for MB100 Merc van?
It's fitted out as a camper and I'm hoping to do lots of travel in her but can't find replacement parts in my area.
Any help would be so appreciated!!!
Thanks! :)

CategoryVans
Release date

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.