1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB100D

1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB100D Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.
Karen.
Karen.

Hi
I see lots of discussion about the 140D model. I have an MB100 and would like to know if any one has put an aftermarket cruise control on this model. ?

Where can i get hose for my fuel return line for a mb100d Mercedes-Benz
Does it have to be cloth braided, if not what do you suggest that is heat,diesel and pressure resistant.

Paul

I have a 2002 MB100D with a power steering fluid leak, how do I start to find/fix the leak, please

paul

Try cleaning all areas then place white paper underneath the piping & you should be able to see any leaks.

Paul

Thanks, I'm also trying to locate a workshop manual that covers steering system, I have something from 'Roadrunner' for engine but doesn't cover other systems, any clues please?

Ronald P.
Ronald P.

Fuel guages not working properly mb100D what is the problem issue.

Lyn r
Lyn r

I have a 2001 mb100D. A few weeks ago I was driving and I went to Change gears. The van made a. Loud noise and then I lost power. The racv without looking at tell part, said i had broken a timing chain. That has has done damage to the motor , I had a friend look at the van he said there is damage to the motor, but the timing change is not broken. I am confused, just need to get it fixed

We're is the starter motor in a mb100d van

Rick A.
Rick A.

engine will not turn off i know its all vacuum but where do i start to look

Ek L.
Ek L.

Gday everyone, I'm thinking of buying a 2001 diesel MB-100 and cannot find many reviews online at all. The one I'm looking at has just over 300 thousand kms and seems to be in good condition. Was just wondering how many kms people have gotten out of their MB-100s and if they think they are reliable vans. Cheers guys

paul

There are a dozen if you Google Mercedes Benz MB 100 reviews & road tests.

Dean J.
Dean J.

Ours is a camper. We have driven 330000kms all over the NT and WA. Noisy but just keeps chugging along with no major issues

kianna.banana17
kianna.banana17

Hey Dean! I've also got an mb100 fitted out as a camper. Great to hear you got so much travel done in yours! Got any advice for getting replacement parts?

replaysing starter motor on said Van MB100D

Stephen C.

Replaysing a starter motor on said Van?

Paul

I just bought a 2002 Mercedes Benz MB100D 2.3. Its a bit rough but i got it real cheap, drove it home, charged up the battery, now she won't start at all. I'm desperate for a workshop/repair manual, any suggestions. I'm not very mechanically minded but i can follow instructions in a book.

paul

Read the earlier questions as there were several similar questions that may tell you what to try.

DS G.

Hi Paul. Did you end up getting a repair manual that suits your MB100 2.3 van? The reason I ask is that I have a 2001 MB100 2,3Litre Petrol version and have not been able to find a suitable repair manual for my vehicle. I have looked on the suggested SSaingyong owners club website but no success. There are plenty of repair manuals for diesel engines and for older models, but nothing close to my model. Need the repair manual to fix my vehicle.

Hi DS G,
'Road Runner' kindly gave me this link

Ralph G.
Ralph G.

I have an Mb100 99 model petrol with blown head gasket, van has done over 400 thousand k. What's options do I have, any second hand engine around or scrap the all think, I was hoping to last me at list round another year.

DS G.

HI. My 2001 Mercedes MB100 2.3 Litre Petrol Van was borrowed by a friend. During a long country drive the temperature gauge apparently started to fluctuate up and down and showed high temperature on temp gauge. the vehicle was stopped and allowed to cool down. Not sure if water was needed to top up radiator. The vehicle now still drives ok, and does not show signs of overheating and the oil is not milky and doesn't seem to consume water. Only weird thing is that engine now idles roughly after it warms up. Don't know why. Can anyone help?

DS G.

Does anyone know where the battery is located in the mercedes benz MB100 2.3 Litre petrol van?

Does a mb 100d have a crankshaft sensor if so where is it situated

paul

Ask a Mercedes [or Sanyong} spare parts seller who should have a parts list & details on what they are selling. A good mechanic will check the sensors to see if they are working.

Thanks paul

That will depend on what motor you have in your MB100
MB100 refers only that the body is a short wheel base
The MB140 is the long wheel base body
Both these have the option of three different motors
There is a 4 cylinder M161 In-line Fuel Injected Gasoline twin cam 2.295 cc
There is a 4 cylinder OM661 in line Diesel motor 2299cc
There is a 5 cylinder OM662 in line Diesel motor 2874cc
If requesting information on motors it would be best informing which motor you have in your Van
Tell me what motor you have and I will send you the information you require

Graham F.

Thanks ..its a Diesel 2299cc 4cylinder....
I have been informed that this model does not have fuel pump fuse or relay ...
having problems starting no fuel coming through from rear tank to fuel filter

Road Runner

Check your product review private email have sent image

Road Runner

As for crankshaft sensor these are on EFI petrol motors could be on electronic diesel fuel injection? But the MB100/140 diesels are the old mechanical pumping system ( no wires)

Graham F.

Thanks ..road runner..have found out from merz dealer no sensor in that model, it is the old mechanial model. Thanks for the image

Ahjay
Ahjay

Cannot find a workshop manual anywhere for my 2003 Mercedes-Benz MB100D. Any ideas ?

paul

9 months ago, Stephen C asked. Try him to see how he went. You can try your local library, who may get one from another library or know where you can find one.

Ahjay Here's an Idea for a MB Manual
Find www.ssangyongclub.co.uk (and Register)
Click on FORUM
Click on Download Section
Download Number13. Workshop Manual Mercedes Benz OM 601,OM 602 MB100/140
Save to your computer,

mercedes benz nb100d all gears not working except reverse

it is mercedes Benz mb100d

Sophie M.

I have a mb100 desiel 2.9ltr 2002 van and need new fuel pump the whole thing ne3ds changing as pitles are seized mechanic said new one will be 4000 dollars plus labour anyone now of good supplier im stuck in Alice springs

paul

Sounds like a ridiculous price! Try wrecking yards who could send you one Express post etc in hopefully a few days maybe, perhaps from Sydney or Melbourne or Adelaide. at a reasonable price.

Sophie M.

Tried al yards but no luck. Thanks though

Declan V.
Declan V.

Have you checked with ParkeeParkee on eBay? He can't get most parts very cheap.

Warren
Warren

There is another review thread on ProductReview.com.au and KiwiWill has some good ideas..

Muhammad I.
Muhammad I.

Do you know where i should buy packing fuelpump repair kit mb100d?

paul

Try Repco, spare parts suppliers, Merc. spare parts etc. They may only sell brand new pumps, otherwise, you will have to chase a 2nd hand pump.

Paolo B.
Paolo B.

Hi, I have a MB100d 2.9 liter 2002 and I need to replace the clutch. Does someone knows if the flywheel is single or dual mass? Because the mechanic want to change also that if is a dual mass and will cost to much .

Willymikk
Willymikk

Try aliexpress I saw a new clutch there and they a double mass
Regards William

Nelson A.
Nelson A.

What are the different sizes of tyres that can be used in hot weather area with this van?

paul

Just ask any tyre sales what is best for your use. If you fit alloy wheels, you can get bigger tyres to suit. They will run cooler & subsequently last longer on alloys too. Look up reviews of tyres on Product Review & tyre websites to see what others think of the many brands.

Vss

Van is 2002 MB140D. Problem is that when I turn the ignition off and remove the key, engine keeps running like nothing happened.
I unplugged ignition switch and nothing changed.
Anyone know's what could be the issue?
Where is the main relay for ignition and fuel pump located?
I still hear the relay click when I start the engine.
Thanks for any kind of information.

Vss

Already found the problem. The vacuum hose had come off from the vacuum valve. Easy fix.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.