1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB100D

1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB100D Questions & Answers (page 4)

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.
Goran J
Goran J

Why I can't off engine mercedes benz van mb 100?

Raja
Raja

Check the hose from the ignition switch connected in to the injectionpump.

Sutton M
Sutton M

Fuel gauge issues.

The gauge on my van gives me false readings.

The needle will go to almost full when filled to full and then to around a 1/4 tank, where it will then leave me stranded next to the road(this running out of fuel has happened a few times to me now). I now rely on km reading only. Dont go more than 400km, because it have run out of fuel before at 410km. It then only fills with about $40-$40 of diesel. Which gives me the idea that it wasnt really empty. Can one only get 400km on a full tank. Note my van is a MB100.

Further more sometimes the fuel low light will come on when its filled to the full

What is the cause of this erratic fuel display and how do i fix this?

paul
paul

Mine had an inaccurate fuel guage that was replaced under warranty, but it was still inaccurate. Just have to fill up every 350 to 380km, & be safe.Too big a hassle to try to put in a larger tank.

Murray K
Murray K

Hey guys

Looking at changing the gearbox oil, what oil do I use? My mb100d 2.3l diesel has done 395***kms and crunches into third (everytime) Will a better oil help minimise the crunch?

Also are these engines happy revving at over 3100rpm at 100km/h?

Also...... Does anyone's elses 'bounce' after shifting gears? Like it's surges while accelerating after shifting.

Much appreciated

ralph
ralph

I have M B 100 petrol 99 model wont start ,ignition is on but no power going to start motor, any relays controlling this?

Quarge
Quarge

Hi have same problem suspect security relay hidden in wiring harness, my remedy is to bypass with starter button.

Disco

Most write ups on this vehicle complain about excessive noise. Has anyone added any noise reduction material and did it work? My van has done 210 k and is in good condition so I would like to keep it but noise at 100 kph in fifth is too high by far.

Hagrid
Hagrid

Sorry that this is not an answer but I have the same question. We use ours as a camper and we are very impressed but we hate not being able to talk to each other when travelling due to the noise. I want to know the answer to this too.

Liammon
Liammon

Get thermal/sound proof matting and place all around the inside of the engine bay cover and under the front wheel arches. If you really want to go nuts, add another layer to the outside of the engine bay compartment (around the gear stick and down the drivers left leg side). It will be silent as any car you have driven. The silly designers put the exhaust manifold right under the gear stick and down the drivers left leg side.

Disco

Just bought a mb1000 -- some of the write ups are mixed??? I my diesel 2.3 liter van revs ar 3500 rpm at 100 kph i--is this normally rev this high??

ray
ray

Hi Disco, yea my van revs pretty high, it feels like it needs another gear.

Star S.
Star S.

Yea my 100 D 2.3 van is the same revs around 3000 at 100 km :) . It's runs smoother since replacing filters and oils . They seem to like going slow :) . Good on fuel though 600 km a tank and I love the sound of the idle . Mine is a camper so I'm happy with its reliability , and affordability as a trade off, for being a bit loud and slow :)
Anyone got a source for linkages for the gear box being a bit loose ? Mechanic suggested later printing them , cos he can't find them anymore ! :)

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Claim your listing.