2016-2018 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class

2016-2018 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class

3.0 from 1 review

See the Best Convertible in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Distronics Dangers

Following the familiarisation session with my new car I very carefully drove away from the showroom... I observed a man standing beside an ambulance outside the showroom and went to stop and ask him to move... suddenly my car rocketed off until I firmly hit the brake pedal... my wife and I received a considerable shock and I immediately approached the two men at the door of the Mercedes dealership. They reassured me that there was no problem and to drive home carefully... I have since discovered that this DISTRONICS system is prone to sudden braking and worse still sudden acceleration.. The manual appears to be full of disclaimers and warnings... I don't know why this sports car needs to be self driving and I am not using it until after the Easter vacation when I am assured the technicians can remove it in several minutes ...