Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Roadster

Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Roadster

R171 (2004-2011), R170 (1997-2004), R172 (2011-Present)

Anna

AnnaKingsford

SLK Class 2009

Purchased it from the local Car dealer with a great deal and 2 years Full Services Complimentary. i had it for the last 7 years with no issues at all. The car runs quite economy in fuel and powerful with supercharged turbo even on the 3.0. i reckon it is 2 seater with small size to make it sufficient at low cost for petrol.
    i am using it as my second car cruising around in the summer. It has never disappointed me to impress my neighbour. i recently sold it to reduce the running cost and only keep my everyday car.

Date PurchasedJul 2009
    JoH

JoHSydney, NSW

2006 SLK350 Probably the best Roadster I have had since my Porsche Boxter S

Two cars in one

Ordered the R172 SLK350 model to be made to my specs and optioned up AMG styling and handling. I have had all three models of SLK (170, 171 & 172) and I believe my 2006 171 SLK350 was the truest driver's car of the lot. This one has the adjustable electronic suspension and is the most comfortable to drive considering low profile Pirellis and the sports suspension. I love having the hard top with a moon roof plus the convertible option - with 225kw and 370nm - it is made for an open road. No issues ever with the roof mechanism with any of my 3 SLKs - and I always allow 1% of purchase cost for each service (which is only once every 25,000km or once a year for me). A fun indulgence as a second vehicle.

Convertibles

Find out how Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Roadster compares to other Convertibles

SandyG

SandyGSouth Brisbane

Just wonderful

The Slk 350 is a surprise to drive has heaps of get up and go and is good and light with terrific road feel due to it's low ride. The engine has a beautiful note unlike any V6 on the market in any make in today's motoring. Vehicle had heated seats, Dual Climate control, Sequential shift auto with Paddle shifters on the wheel. Seats are power assisted and drop right down low for taller drivers, Not a car for boot space though but a very enjoyable drive none the less also comes with electronic suspension adjustment on the centre console comfort setting is ok but this machine rides firm so be warned.
    Handling and quality build with Go cart direct steering and feel.
    Real low and no Boot space

JS
    JS

Great car to drive, a lot of fun.. Parts and service can be expensive.. But then again if you shop around you can find anything for a good price!
    Looks mean, has enough power to get you out of a sticky situation, Hardtop, simple yet sporty/elegant interiors, great value for money, 29 sec to get the roof down !!
    Drive is a bit loose for a sports car, can go through fuel if you have a lead foot, interior can get chipped