Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

jack
jack

Absolute p.o.s.a death trap.

fuel economy ok.but cant make use of it because it breaks down consistently.seatings good.driving position & glass ok.entry exits ok steering circle good.heating.air con good.my view on this vehicle is dont buy one ! You will go bankrupt paying dealers to delete codes that pop up for no reason but put the van into limp mode or worse into neutral in the middle of the road.merc benz should be sued!!!

Badge515CDI
Date PurchasedAug 2017

New Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 Clunks like a Junker

my preordered optioned out $$$ 2016 sprinter 4x4 developed Terrible drivetrain clunk's after 10,000 kms
Took it in 3 times to 2 dealerships and was told it was normal after break in period by both dealerships including the regional sales manager because Mercedes engineering told them so over the phone.
Thanks a lot for the fuhk around! I feel like a whipped dog after this humiliating experience and tremendous waste of time, patience and money. And yes its that bad.

Badge316CDI
Date PurchasedOct 2016

stop building intimidating vehicles its sadistic for no reason other than conseet because its a merc

handles ok, interior ok, very bad sound system. can be a reliable vehicle if computer wasnt set up to drag you to the dealer every other day.your identification in badge section is for engineers not us! when working on these vehicle trying to tell the scanner what your working on is difficult.

Badge318CDI
Date PurchasedOct 2012
Seamus
SeamusIllawarra, NSW

Man in Van for a Day

Badge313CDI
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 compares to other Vans

We are finished with Mercedes - Benz Sprinters!!

Badge3l6cyl
Date PurchasedApr 2015
DavoMoffat Beach

We all though Mercedes Benz meant quality!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Badge316CDI ELWB
WheelbaseLong
Date PurchasedJan 2012
Davo

Mercedes customers demand that firm (Mercedes Australia) come clean over Engine & Body faults. We demand you come clean!!!!.

Poor Quality

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Dennis M
Dennis Moshkosh

junk

Shortly after buy started having problems, def light coming on, they say that was normal, didn't matter if the fluid was full or not. Just replaced particulate filter $2400, cdi computer box. $2200, engine light stays on they want $1000 to fix it but I can drive with it on. Don't buy or you'll be sorry

Scott B
Scott BIpswich

There is something to be said about servicing times and warranty.

Fred
FredMelbourne

I though Mercedes Benz meant quality

EGR valve problems, Transmission failed at 245,000K little bits keep on brakeing, engine light is always on dealers says thats normal with these. Now the SRS light keeps coming on $400 for a new seat belt to fix it, now the front end has a bad knock in it, and needs new struts where will it end I am a courier and need a reliable vehicle. time to change.
Spacy get to my friends I drive a Mercedes
Always something going wrong

G wheelerNew South Wales

Poor quality sprinter 2012 new problems avoid

Got a new mercedes 313 Cdi lwb it leaks water under dash when raining, the side loading door is a very poor fit big gaps and lets in water. Bad turbo lag dangerous trying to over take runs very poorly. Gateshead hunterstar merc don't care. They reply with we will look at it at its first service by then your 2004 sprinter which we have had in with a melted piston due to faulty new injectors we supplied might have a replacement engine by then (2 months later nothing so far)
Load space and that's all.
Expensive, leaks water in dash , leaks water side door, engine poor bad turbo lag mercedes aftercare rubbish don't care

Badge313CDI
WheelbaseLong
smaparec
smaparec

Terrible

vehicle was delivered new with these problems, 90lbs pressure in left tyres and 40 lbs in right tyres to make it track straight, took it back to have these problems rectified and mercedes refuse to fix them. thought by spending an extra 15 grand on german built would get me quality. 29 calls to mercedes service, hung up on 26 times after being left on hold for more 15 minutes each time, no return of calls or messages, long waits in reception , no ore m.b.'s for me
space, fuel economy, storage,
tyre wear, drive line vibrations, clutch shudder, terribly bad brakes,abs not working, air con stops working in conditions over 33%, rust, cheap and nasty plastics inside,

LBB
LBBAU

MB Sprinter Van is the worst vehicle we have ever bought! Had it 4 months and has been towed 4times

HughJorgan
HughJorgan
dunky
dunky
Carmine
Carmine

wondering what year your sprinter is?

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter reviews

darrell
darrell asked

can i replace rear ths barn door with a door from 317 317 mb printer ??? thanks

Trisha T.asked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

I am in the early stage of purchase of a 2012 Mercedes sprinter motorhome, has covered 260,000 Kms. What should I tell the R.A.A. Mechanic to look for other than a meticulase report....

prayoub1
prayoub1

Its a prayer..... Mine has 265,000 miles and the when it runs it feels new. 95% of the time there are engine lights on the dash flashing. I get a week or two before its something else. Just spent $2500 on a new DEF tank since the level sensor broke (again) first one broke at 90,000 and was covered under warranty. I did the work myself this time. Last year it was the particulate filter at $3700 and the list goes on and on. Currently the vehicle goes into limp mode every day. So so sad. An overall look in and out may indicate good maintenance. The proper records and the the correct oil is key. Plan on $3000 -$5000 a year for maintenance. Dood luck !!!

Trisha T.

Appreciate your answer thanks for the warning.

Is Limp mode a scam!!!!
In my personal opinion Mercedes Limp Mode is the Bigger Rip-off by a Manufacture in Australia, The limp mode fault with this vehicle puts the driver at risk by randomly taking control from the driver and being forced to continue with limited power and control until you are able to stop the vehicle to reset the feature. This fault has had an enormous impact on me causing many near misses on both highway and suburban driving. I have outlined these in previous correspondence and Mercedes Australia/Cricks Auto Group are aware of the safety risks that they put drivers into. I believe that Mercedes Australia have now stopped my van randomly switching into limp mode after 3 years, which after having this problem reported to Cricks Auto Croup ever since Ive had this vehicle and they could not fix this!. I believe this is why Cricks did not want to fix my vehicle under warranty and continued to delay repairing this, as well as telling their customers that limp mode is part of the vehicles safety network. It seems that by delaying this work, they can then charge their customers over and over again when the vehicles are out of warranty to perform this work. They are prepared to put their customers safety at serious risk, even injury or death over money. Cricks Auto Group using it to diagnose what every they want and are charging customers triple that of other mechanic as the have a monopoly on this.

Linda Masked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

We have a 2015 sprinter 519 4x4 13000 km it has a whining noise particular @ 1800-2000 rpm.The dealers solution was to put on new tyres and a wheel alignment.The noise is still there,but slightly quieter. Any ideas?

Davo

Hi Linda can you record the sound on your phone and send it to me, I can ask around.

Linda M

Not easy to record on the phone as we have a motorhome and there is a bit of noise from the skylight window above.

Camper
Camper

Talking about whining - Our merceedes C class had this from new. I found it coming from rear back window. It had to be resealed. Warrenty fix ok on second service only because I had it on video - mercedes played dumb before that and didn’t want to do a thing about it.

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018) questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Compare all 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter