Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

CamperAU

Scary info

I am lucky to know a mechanic who works on the ambos for 20years. He said since merceedes put maintainance to 30.000 km, he’s seeing new motor replacements needed at round 300.000. A replacement motor cost is round $20,000

My merceedes sprinter 2011 - Yearly service 13.000 to 14.000 per year.
My sprinter with only 82000. Mechanic said “I have things going on mine van which he’d only ever seen in vans with much higher klms.” Now that’s scary thinking of what he’d said regarding motor.
2015
Several engine oil leaks - Merceedes Goldcoast fixed under warrenty.
2016
* Coolent - leak common place at fuel holder. Hard to see. Easy fix.
* 70,000 New Tyres (

darrell asked

can i replace rear ths barn door with a door from 317 317 mb printer ??? thanks

Trisha T.asked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

I am in the early stage of purchase of a 2012 Mercedes sprinter motorhome, has covered 260,000 Kms. What should I tell the R.A.A. Mechanic to look for other than a meticulase report....

prayoub1
prayoub1

Its a prayer..... Mine has 265,000 miles and the when it runs it feels new. 95% of the time there are engine lights on the dash flashing. I get a week or two before its something else. Just spent $2500 on a new DEF tank since the level sensor broke (again) first one broke at 90,000 and was covered under warranty. I did the work myself this time. Last year it was the particulate filter at $3700 and the list goes on and on. Currently the vehicle goes into limp mode every day. So so sad. An overall look in and out may indicate good maintenance. The proper records and the the correct oil is key. Plan on $3000 -$5000 a year for maintenance. Dood luck !!!

Trisha T.

Appreciate your answer thanks for the warning.

Is Limp mode a scam!!!!
In my personal opinion Mercedes Limp Mode is the Bigger Rip-off by a Manufacture in Australia, The limp mode fault with this vehicle puts the driver at risk by randomly taking control from the driver and being forced to continue with limited power and control until you are able to stop the vehicle to reset the feature. This fault has had an enormous impact on me causing many near misses on both highway and suburban driving. I have outlined these in previous correspondence and Mercedes Australia/Cricks Auto Group are aware of the safety risks that they put drivers into. I believe that Mercedes Australia have now stopped my van randomly switching into limp mode after 3 years, which after having this problem reported to Cricks Auto Croup ever since Ive had this vehicle and they could not fix this!. I believe this is why Cricks did not want to fix my vehicle under warranty and continued to delay repairing this, as well as telling their customers that limp mode is part of the vehicles safety network. It seems that by delaying this work, they can then charge their customers over and over again when the vehicles are out of warranty to perform this work. They are prepared to put their customers safety at serious risk, even injury or death over money. Cricks Auto Group using it to diagnose what every they want and are charging customers triple that of other mechanic as the have a monopoly on this.

Linda Masked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

We have a 2015 sprinter 519 4x4 13000 km it has a whining noise particular @ 1800-2000 rpm.The dealers solution was to put on new tyres and a wheel alignment.The noise is still there,but slightly quieter. Any ideas?

Davo

Hi Linda can you record the sound on your phone and send it to me, I can ask around.

Linda M

Not easy to record on the phone as we have a motorhome and there is a bit of noise from the skylight window above.

Camper

Talking about whining - Our merceedes C class had this from new. I found it coming from rear back window. It had to be resealed. Warrenty fix ok on second service only because I had it on video - mercedes played dumb before that and didn’t want to do a thing about it.

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018) questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Compare all 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter