Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Shanelovescraggly
Shanelovescraggly

Love my van

Use car to live in has high roof can stand up in it has so many hidden safety features like wind assist it brakes that side of car so you dont get blown all over place. Also esp and somthing that stops will spins lowers revs got stuck on gravel hill when first got it didnt no there was but to turn off so you could gun it up dirt hills spin wheels but mecedes literture doesnt tell you about all theses things you have to find out from forums and google and trail and error great van love it well built drives awsomely but only get about 12litres per 100kilometers which i dont thinks right for little4 cylinder 311cdi 2010

Badge311CDI
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Tomislav
TomislavGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If they`ve been crap,Ambulance wouldnt use them

450,000kms so far, goes and goes and goes...regular service and maintenance and No Headaches, I'm using it as a Owner-Driver 10-12 hours per day/5days per week.Great turning circle, breaks/stops like a Thunder, consumption is not the very BEST German part(Renault is more cheaper to run),drives like a luxury car, city, freeways..max speed(my personal160km/h),for some reason bulbs are going off very often, can recommend it for every kind of industrial work

Badge316CDI
Date PurchasedSept 2013
Jamie
JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s Amazing!

I’ve had the 2016 Sprinter 513CDI for 12 Months. It drives like an absolute dream. My confidence in the brand has not been tested.
The oil was due to be changed at 30’000 km. Like any Diesel engine the oil gets dark and I changed it at 18’000. I like to keep on top of the preventative maintenance to avoid issues.
I’m not putting the vehicle under exhaustive commercial demands, rather it’s a motorhome. It comes in at 4.5 ton and has had to tackle some steep terrain, in both blistering hot and freezing cold conditions. I can’t fault it.
I’m not going to break any land speed records but for reliability it’s 10/10.

Badge513CDI
Date PurchasedJune 2017

perfect van, wouldnt buy anything else

Badge316CDI
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMar 2012
Vans

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 compares to other Vans

The Best Discision I Ever Made In My Life

Second To None ,comfortable to drive big and high cargo compartment.It's like you're living in a different world.Handles heavy load pretty well.One good thing oil and filter change in every ten to fifteen thousand km instead of thirty thousand km's recommended by the dealer.When you look after it ie service in time, drive to the speed limit, road and weather condition it will in return reap you reward as far as running cost is concerned. Very reliable vehicle.

Badge316CDI ELWB
Date PurchasedMar 2014
NicolasCage
NicolasCageMoscow

Take care of your Sprinter!

Badge315CDI
Date PurchasedApr 2014

No Problems

TransmissionManual
Badge309CDI
WheelbaseMedium

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Best vans by far

My 2010 sprinter is my second sprinter,first one 2001 did 410,000kms before i sold it,having spent normal maintennace repairs ie brake pds,fan belt.my 2010 unit has now clocked up 100,000kms,with similar results so far.these units are great for long distance driving,low maintennance,low fuel use,great comfort.my units are on a mix or long distance,and short hilly city type of work
comfort on long runs,great fuel economy
only real critisysm i have is that in both models i have had 1st gear is too high a ratio for hilly starts.

The best van on the market by far margin! Don't waste your time with others
When you run a business you need something reliable and this is it!
Bought new in 2007 after trading in the worst van ever Renault Master.This van is so reliable that it's never been back for anything.I have done 157,000 no problems at all Will definitely update to another mbAuto is the way to go
Need to get more powerful van

Vans

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 compares to other Vans

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter reviews

darrell
darrell asked

can i replace rear ths barn door with a door from 317 317 mb printer ??? thanks

Trisha T.asked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

I am in the early stage of purchase of a 2012 Mercedes sprinter motorhome, has covered 260,000 Kms. What should I tell the R.A.A. Mechanic to look for other than a meticulase report....

prayoub1
prayoub1

Its a prayer..... Mine has 265,000 miles and the when it runs it feels new. 95% of the time there are engine lights on the dash flashing. I get a week or two before its something else. Just spent $2500 on a new DEF tank since the level sensor broke (again) first one broke at 90,000 and was covered under warranty. I did the work myself this time. Last year it was the particulate filter at $3700 and the list goes on and on. Currently the vehicle goes into limp mode every day. So so sad. An overall look in and out may indicate good maintenance. The proper records and the the correct oil is key. Plan on $3000 -$5000 a year for maintenance. Dood luck !!!

Trisha T.

Appreciate your answer thanks for the warning.

Is Limp mode a scam!!!!
In my personal opinion Mercedes Limp Mode is the Bigger Rip-off by a Manufacture in Australia, The limp mode fault with this vehicle puts the driver at risk by randomly taking control from the driver and being forced to continue with limited power and control until you are able to stop the vehicle to reset the feature. This fault has had an enormous impact on me causing many near misses on both highway and suburban driving. I have outlined these in previous correspondence and Mercedes Australia/Cricks Auto Group are aware of the safety risks that they put drivers into. I believe that Mercedes Australia have now stopped my van randomly switching into limp mode after 3 years, which after having this problem reported to Cricks Auto Croup ever since Ive had this vehicle and they could not fix this!. I believe this is why Cricks did not want to fix my vehicle under warranty and continued to delay repairing this, as well as telling their customers that limp mode is part of the vehicles safety network. It seems that by delaying this work, they can then charge their customers over and over again when the vehicles are out of warranty to perform this work. They are prepared to put their customers safety at serious risk, even injury or death over money. Cricks Auto Group using it to diagnose what every they want and are charging customers triple that of other mechanic as the have a monopoly on this.

Linda Masked
Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

We have a 2015 sprinter 519 4x4 13000 km it has a whining noise particular @ 1800-2000 rpm.The dealers solution was to put on new tyres and a wheel alignment.The noise is still there,but slightly quieter. Any ideas?

Davo

Hi Linda can you record the sound on your phone and send it to me, I can ask around.

Linda M

Not easy to record on the phone as we have a motorhome and there is a bit of noise from the skylight window above.

Camper
Camper

Talking about whining - Our merceedes C class had this from new. I found it coming from rear back window. It had to be resealed. Warrenty fix ok on second service only because I had it on video - mercedes played dumb before that and didn’t want to do a thing about it.

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018) questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter NCV3 (2006-2018)

Compare all 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter