Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
  • Features
Darren G.
Darren G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tronic transmission

What a POS. Every 100-120k these gearboxes just collapse. Do transmission specialists want to touch them because they are a Cee You Next Tuesday of a gearbox. Average cost of repair (quoted on phone by Mercedes) $3000-$4000. Trying to find someone who will swap out the auto-tronic gearbox for a clutch and shift 5 or 6 speed box. At least you know that around $50k-75k you swap out the clutch kit for a set price. These horrible gearboxes are only still used by Renault. We bought this Winnebago Sprinter not that long ago. Should have done our homework a little better. If you're thinking of buying one of these don't buy an automatic. A nightmare waiting to happen is how I'd describe the design.

Purchased in March 2019 for $65,000.00.

flatout
flatoutMontreal

Two engines in and two engines blown. What a joke.

Badge416CDI
WheelbaseLong
Date PurchasedMay 2016

Broke down again no one with knowledge to fix in akaska.

Driving fine. InterI or fine. Running cost good milage. This has been a money pit. Repair....repair. ...repair! Shame on mercedes and dodge. Resonator. Electrical. Transmission. Much more. Every trip was a tow. Every trip was hotels. The worst is the No one is experienced to fix it. Had to fly home from alaska and return and still not ready.

Badge316CDI
WheelbaseMedium
Date PurchasedSept 2009
Danny
DannyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Dont buy a second hand Sprinter.

Badge316CDI
Vans

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N compares to other Vans

P. Elvins
P. ElvinsEvesham

Most reliable van out there in my opinion.

Badge318CDI
TransmissionManual

2004 mercedez sprinter long wheel base

I had bought a 2004 mercedez benz sprinter ran wheel for a while but fuse blew on me twice change then sense a smell near computer took it too mercedez dealer and advise me they charge $170 and hour it took them 2 hours to check what was wrong with it I advised the Macanic that I had smelt like I may had blown the engine but so far up for $340 then he had told me that blown computer and advised me that I'm up to near $3000 dollars $2600 for new computer and $340 labour so far haven't gotton van back yet but I'm just not to happy ATM if anybody nose anything about this please contact me on 0415780953 I just don't believe $170 hour for labour is exceptable

WheelbaseLong

Poor tech.In sprinter vans

2000-2007 model.24000 km.Needs new computer and transmison module price $4000.So watch out sprinter van buyers.They are not worth the amount of money they ask in this car yards.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter reviews

Reuben
Reubenasked

Hi there,
I have a 1999 Sprinter with a 2.9L diesel engine and 5 speed manual gearbox.The turn signals were working fine then all of a sudden stopped so did the hazards. Can someone please tell me where is the flasher relay located so I can test/replace it. I had a look under the steering colum(where the fuses are)and under the driver's seat with no luck.
Much appreciated.

Darren G.
Darren G.asked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

Anybody know where in Melbourne I can get the automatic transmission changed to a manual box? I've been told that around 100-120k the automatic system craps out. As Ours Has. Mercedes-Benz Berwick were great. A fair price and guaranteed work. HALF the price quoted by a rip-off mechanic from Ringwood North in Dorset Road. If anybody looks up mercedes repair and thinks of using this guy...DON'T. He treats you like a personal ATM.

Cebo N
Cebo Nasked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

The turbo on my sprinter is slow when building boost and the Rev counter is on one plus it keeps on destroying turbos help?

paul
paul

A difficult question--you need to ask a competent diesel specialist or Merc mechanic, who hopefully can fix it.

surgikalstrike
surgikalstrike

If you have a 2002-2006 it is likely the arm of the turbo actuator is rusty. Get the the WD-40 with the large bendable straw and spray the arm

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N (1995-2006) questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

Compare all 3 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter