Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N (1995-2006) Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

5 questions from our users

Reuben
Reubenasked

Hi there,
I have a 1999 Sprinter with a 2.9L diesel engine and 5 speed manual gearbox.The turn signals were working fine then all of a sudden stopped so did the hazards. Can someone please tell me where is the flasher relay located so I can test/replace it. I had a look under the steering colum(where the fuses are)and under the driver's seat with no luck.
Much appreciated.

Darren G.
Darren G.asked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

Anybody know where in Melbourne I can get the automatic transmission changed to a manual box? I've been told that around 100-120k the automatic system craps out. As Ours Has. Mercedes-Benz Berwick were great. A fair price and guaranteed work. HALF the price quoted by a rip-off mechanic from Ringwood North in Dorset Road. If anybody looks up mercedes repair and thinks of using this guy...DON'T. He treats you like a personal ATM.

Cebo N
Cebo Nasked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

The turbo on my sprinter is slow when building boost and the Rev counter is on one plus it keeps on destroying turbos help?

paul
paul

A difficult question--you need to ask a competent diesel specialist or Merc mechanic, who hopefully can fix it.

surgikalstrike
surgikalstrike

If you have a 2002-2006 it is likely the arm of the turbo actuator is rusty. Get the the WD-40 with the large bendable straw and spray the arm

Ron
Ronasked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

Hi I have a 2.1L 2001 sprinter manual , It revs too much on the highway 3300rpm at 105kmh . Ive put larger diameter tyres on the back but its not enough . Is there a highway diff available or something ? cheers Ron

P. Elvins

Hi. I'm not sure about the differential, but your certainly on the right track. Mercedes Benz will tell you the ratio of your diff & if there is an alternative diff. The ratio used to be stamped on the pinion where the flange fits on, but really Mercedes are your best bet.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.....Peter.

Ben
Benasked
Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

DPF on my Mercedes Sprinter 313 CDI 2010 model is blocked. So says the auto mechanics.
Will cost $2000 plus to repair it.
Any cheaper methods please?

P. Elvins

Sorry, I can't answer that. It's something I have had very little to do with to be honest however, certainly on Isuzu (in with Mercedes), we often have dpf problems which are usually sorted out by carrying out a regeneration program and checking the two valves that close off the dpf.
So far this has sorted out our motors & they are all sort of 2008, 2009 models. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Cheers! Peter.

Davo
Davo

We all though Mercedes Benz meant quality!!!!!!!!!!!!.



1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

We all though Mercedes Benz meant quality.
I am interested in collecting owner information of those individuals or companies who have had major expenses & Faults in maintaining Mercedes Benz Sprinters, who would be interested in being included in a class action law suit again Mercedes Australia. David 0429 999 958
Only 6 of the 275 Sprinter owners I spoke to so far would recommend to buy a Mercedes Sprinter van again. They are Poor quality Sprinter van. I am on my 2nd “Lemon” Mercedes Sprinter! My first van had been towed 10 times during the

first 8,000 kms. And this was my fifth harmonic balancer to be replaced and would take another 4 days?! When I purchased a brand new Mercedes Sprinter van I was immediately faced with continuous faults, break downs and issues with the engine and the mechanical working of the vehicle. After months of Cricks mechanics working on my vehicle and replacing parts constantly due to many different mechanical issues.

See all Mercedes-Benz Sprinter questions

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter T1N (1995-2006)

Other Vans